Skip to comments.Trump is expected to tap Ken Cuccinelli for top DHS role on immigration
Posted on 05/21/2019 11:13:20 AM PDT by Innovative
Former Virginia attorney general Ken Cuccinelli is expected to take a top job at the Department of Homeland Security to help steer the administration's immigration policies, a senior administration official said.
Cuccinelli is not expected to take on the role of "immigration czar," a position President Donald Trump had considered establishing to improve coordination between the agencies involved in handling the steep uptick in migrants crossing the US's southern border in recent months.
But Trump and White House officials hope Cuccinelli, a politically savvy immigration hardliner, will ensure the White House's immigration priorities are being carried out at the Department of Homeland Security.
(Excerpt) Read more at cnn.com ...
wasn’t Cuccinelli the Tea Party candidate for governor who lost to mccauliffe because the GOPe did not lift a single hand to help him??
This is terrible. Cuccinelli was a Never Trumper and I guarantee he will be all talk and no action.
He didn’t vote for Trump. He tried to have a rebellion at the RNC Convention. I haven’t heard him talk about immigration either.
NOOOOOOO!!! Just because the NY Slimes lied about Kobach?
“wasnt Cuccinelli the Tea Party candidate for governor who lost to mccauliffe because the GOPe did not lift a single hand to help him??”
The one and same.
The Virginia GOP didn’t even twitch a finger on Cuccinelli’s behalf.
Back stabbing b@st@rds.
After 2016, the Tea Party label is more of a liability than a resume enhancer.
Famous tea party candidates:
Paul Ryno predated the Tea Party, he just tried to co-opt it.
President Trump doesn’t do anything without playing it out several steps ahead. I’m curious as to where he’s going with this selection to execute and lead the President’s key primary commitment to American voters.
Trump still, repeatedly and consistently hurts himself most through his hiring.
Yep, the tea party was controlled opposition from the RINO/GOPe all along.
You left out Justin Amash
Yep, the Tea Party was a big con.
This should have gone to Kobach....
I read that too that he was a neverTrumper, but I think he finally saw the light and came around. Otherwisw Trump would not put him into an important position.
I hope he stays straightened out.
He did a good job as VA AG.
I might add a few hard questions to the asylum request forms:
1. Is the government of your country able to provide adequate security for you?
2. Do you think armed US intervention is necessary to bring a reasonable level of security to people like you in your homeland?
3. Would you be willing to pay an additional 10% tax on your earnings in the USA to fund the police forces of your homeland?
4. Would you be willing to pay an additional 20% tax on your earnings in the USA to fund the police forces of your homeland?
5. Would you be willing to train as a police officer to serve in your homeland to protect people such as yourself?
6. Was your situation in your homeland bad enough that you would be willing to work to assist America’s poor people merely for room, board and personal security?
7. Please describe to the best of your ability the persons and their actions that you have perceived to be a danger to you.
Swamp was NEVER drained and inexplicably this administration fills it. The wall and true immigration reform will never come to fruition and inexplicably this administration has allowed illegals to waltz into America at unprecedented levels.
If this was true, Kristjen Nielsen would have never been head of DHS to begin with.
Trump is in an information bubble and is being advised terribly.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.