Skip to comments.What A Moron: Joe Biden Is Getting His Gun Control Agenda From James Bond
Posted on 06/20/2019 12:13:59 AM PDT by Kaslin
During a fundraiser on Monday evening, former Vice President Joe Biden reference James Bond and the use of "smart guns" as a means of achieving gun control in the United States.
If I get elected president of the United States of America with your help, if that happens, guns, we have the capacity now in a James Bond-style to make sure no one can pull a trigger unless their DNA and fingerprint is on it," Biden said, according to the Washington Examiner. "We have that capacity to do it now. You know it."
"But what happens? The gun manufacturers, when two folks started to sell some of those guns to two dealerships, they said, 'Were going to shut you down.' My god, we dont have to worry about the 2nd Amendment," Biden explained. "Imagine all the people who would be alive today if the only person who could buy a gun is qualified because of background checks and theyre the only ones that can pull the trigger? So my point is there are so many things we have the capacity to do.
It's hard to take a presidential candidate seriously when they're talking about implementing gun control policies simply because a fictional character has that kind of technology. While it's great for fictional characters and movies, smart guns are absolutely not the answer to achieving "common sense" gun laws in America.
Smart guns require a person's fingerprint to be programed into the firearm in order for the trigger to be pulled and the gun to fire. That sounds great on paper but there are practicality issues.
1) When a person is most likely to need a gun their body is going through fight or flight. "Do I stay and attempt to take down my attacker or do I run?" That's the question gun owners often ask themselves. If they decide to fight, their adrenaline is pumping and their palms are likely sweaty. If he or she needs to pull the trigger which no lawful gun owner ever wants to do sweaty palms make it almost impossible for a firearm to read biometrics. Then what? The gun becomes useless when it's needed the most.
2) If a family member dies and they have a smart gun left behind, then what? It's again, useless, because the person whose DNA is programed into the firearm is no longer living. You now have a useless piece of metal. You can't sell it. You can't use it. Do you turn it over the FBI or your local Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL)? Do you leave it sitting in a gun safe?
3) Someone is interested in becoming a gun owner but they're not sure what they want to purchase. The most common way of determining the best fit is by shooting other people's guns or renting them at the gun range. That can't happen, again, if a smart gun requires DNA programming. Lawful gun owners can't take friends and family members to the gun range to try out various firearms, which can be detrimental to the shooting sports.
4) DNA. How many people will have access to your biometrics? Our fingerprints are our greatest personal identifier. No two people have the same fingerprint pattern. If a company gets their hands on your fingerprints, there's so much liability. Just look at what has happened with DNA testing kits from 23 and Me. All it takes it someone with ill intent getting their hands on your fingerprints from something awful to happen.
5) What will happen to every other firearm in the nation? Will the government suddenly come knocking on our doors and confiscating "unsmart" guns? This opens up a massive can of worms.
Next time you look to a movie for inspiration, Joe, you might want to think things through a little bit more.
Not only does he have the onset of dementia,he’s living in fantasy land.
Go shoot yer shotgun in the air Joe.
Joe has many levels in his bee hive brain of stupid.
Hey Joek. When are you gonna take Trump behind the gym? You pu$$y!
Americans love their “Joes”, but they will NEVER elect a “Joe.”
Has anyone given it any thought as to why all the civil unrest? They blame it on Trump.
Fact is, he smoked them all out. He made them all, and I mean from all parties, to speak their true faith and philosophies, and guess what folks? We find out how hateful and diabolical the left is.
Hillary Clinton planned on winning. Obama planned on her winning. Foreign leaders planned on it. China made plans on it.
In short, the whole world planned on the United State’s demise, and guess what
from the likes of the Millenials, they would have surrendered in a heart beat, their freedoms.
Especially, if they had no guns to defend themselves with, and that was part of the plan too.
I’M WAITING TO SEE WHO IS GOING TO JAIL FIRST.
Hmm....., Is that before or after he cures cancer?
Biden is senile.
The first characteristic of a self defense weapon is that it must be reliable.
And I want the wife or kid to be able to utilize it.
Yeah. Biden said he would cure cancer only IF he was elected.
What a selfish bastard.
Biden is a moron.
Which makes him the perfect candidate for morons.
Sweaty palms? No problem. Just install a retina scanner in the barrel. You point the gun at your eye, and it’ll scan your retina, and then you can pull the trigger./s
No Joe, that end goes in your mouth. Now just pull the trigger and end the problem.
John Wick movies will cease.
I rarely use my pistol safe, unless I’m out-of-state and can’t carry it. The fingerprint thinging usually takes two swipes to get it to open. I really don’t want that on my gun. FUJB.
Is Q going to be part of the Biden admin.?
This Ping List is for all things pertaining to infringes upon or victories for the 2nd Amendment.
FReepmail me if you want to be added to or deleted from the list.
More 2nd Amendment related articles on FR's Bang List.
My cell phone has finger print technology and it sucks. I would hate for my life to depend on it. If you are wearing gloves tell your attacker to wait while you take them off. Biden is a little light in the neurons.
With your post I just realized that Biden has the same initials as Jeb. Hmmm. Maybe their political careers have similar fates. Both losers running for President and both losing to Trump. Please clap.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.