Skip to comments.India scraps special status for Kashmir amid crackdown
Posted on 08/05/2019 12:37:13 AM PDT by Texan4Life
click here to read article
And the effect of a nuke landing in NE Pakistan would be the end to China’s dream of a land route for trade with the Mideast.
The Mideast is becoming China’s problem.
And good riddance.
“The danger of radiation from fallout also decreases rapidly with time due in large part to the exponential decay of the individual radionuclides. The first few days after the explosion, the radiation dose rate is reduced by a factor of ten for every seven-fold increase in the number of hours since the explosion.
In practical terms, after two weeks, the radiation has decreased so much it is relatively safe to leave fallout shelters.
this is not about Trump - rather, the Hindutva party, the BJP, was voted back in power with a larger majority so feels confident.
This was long overdue - Kashmir has been given separate status for too long
No, it’s not a “Germany invades Poland” momeber.
Here’s the 90 second blurb on what happened.
1. 1000 AD: Muslims invade the continent of India which has many nations but similar religions and similar cultures. Many get converted over the centuries
2. 1947 the two unions: India and Pakistan are made of myriad nations and are distinguished by Paki being majority (80%) Muslim and India being 82% Hindu. Today Paki is 98% Muslim and India is 79% Hindu.
3. Kashmir in 1947 was a kingdom consisting of 3 parts - the Kashmir valley and north-west (Muslim dominated), Jammu (south and Hindu dominated) and the Ladalh plateau in the north-east, essentially part of Tibet and hence Buddhist dominated.
4. Kashmir’s hindu king decides to go it alone, but gets invaded by Pakistan. He then pitches in to India. India helps him out but the Pakist get most of the north-west Muslim dominated area except the Kashmir valley.
5. the entire troika gets clubbed into one India state (nation really) despite they being three distinct areas (culturally, religious and linguistically - but the JAmmu and Kahsmiri languages are both Indic, so related.
6. Pakistan declares war on India over Kashmira in 1965 and nearly in 1999.
7. India keeps J&K (Jammu and Kashmir) as a ‘special status area’ - kinda like Puerto Rico’s status but where non-JKs can’t buy land there and also that the JK politics becomes dominated by 2 ruling dynasties.
8. the Hindutva party of the BJP decides to scrap it in 2019 and make two union territories.
This is not an invasion, this is only a 70year old overdue integration.
The POK = Pakistan occupied Kashmir
and here's a religious demographics map
And what is your point??
The point is that this is not a provocation on India’s part.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.