Skip to comments.The best speech on Brexit -- from a shocking source: A German Member of Parliament
Posted on 09/10/2019 8:05:15 AM PDT by SeekAndFind
Keep in mind that, according to most of our media (and even more so the European media), we are supposed to regard with fear the German ultra-right-wing political party, the Alternative für Deutschland (AfD). Also, keep in mind that we are supposed to believe that the Brexit battle pits Brits against a united Europe that is horrified at their effort to shatter the European Union.
But, in fact, the arrogant, unaccountable transnational organizations, of which the EU is a leading example, have served global elites better than ordinary citizens of their constuent countries.
Watch this speech in Germanys parliament, the Bundestag, by AfDs co-leader Alice Weidel and start to realize that populism is a global force in the highly industrialized world, and that the complaints we Anericans feel against our elites, and the complaints Brits have against ceeding controt ot he EU, are all of a piece. She does not hesitate to point her fingers at France, which is leading the resistance to a negotiated Brexit.
The video below was subtitled by Cassius, who maintains a YouTube channel.
CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE VIDEO
(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...
If we click on this video, will Google trackers take away our social credits? I mean, AfD is the new “Nazi” party according to our wonderful and intelligent leaders.
- the AfD would be considered very mild mainstream patriots in any Anglo-Saxon country. In Germany they are labeled as scary, far right, extremists.....all the usual bull crap the Establishment there will sling at you if you do anything other than bow down in submission to Brussels.
- Alice Weidel is smart and makes a lot of sense. Shes not a very good speaker or particularly charismatic though. The AfD put her in charge because it would be extremely difficult to scream Hitler! at a bookish lesbian.
- I was unaware how important the British vote was in preventing the PIIGS from raiding Germany for bailout money. Theyre totally screwed now.
- she is right in saying that German workers stand to get hurt if their trading relationship with the U.K. is disrupted but that Germanys political class doesnt care. They are far more interested in their grand EU project and in bowing down to France than they are in looking out for the interests of German workers.
It's tossed around by Europe's "progressives" like a chimp flings his feces.
But I listened for you. She says,
1. Brussels itself was the cause of Brexit.
2. EU needs reform from within:
(a) veto power for member states against Brussels rules
(b) reform of Article 50
(c) access to the single market for other countries
(d) secure EU borders
Great points. Thanks for summarizing it.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.