Skip to comments.Itís Dangerous to be Ruled by Fear (Barf lire)
Posted on 03/22/2020 7:06:25 AM PDT by FlipWilson
Donald Trumps first instinct when it came to the coronavirus was to dismiss the threat as overblown, over there, and totally under control. His second was to use the pandemic as an opportunity to show off his world-historical leadership skills by treating the virus as a threat on par with World War II.
Both reactions were driven by politics, not evidence. The first was unquestionably wrong. The second needs to be questioned aggressively before we impose solutions possibly more destructive than the virus itself
(Excerpt) Read more at google.com ...
1) The media is seeing that this crisis is not only not tanking the Trump Presidency but is boosting it to stratospheric levels. The media, who drove the fear and panic to historic levels, that media, now figures that they have to end this. They, who drove this, now caution about fear and suddenly are discovering stories about how the fear was unfounded.
2) They want to end this as quickly as possible so that they can pivot, on a dime, to blaming Trump for the economy. Look for stories to start appearing that the economy is die to Trumps policies and tax cuts. They will start to treat this virus as if it NEVER happened.
the MSM including the NYTimes(treason,sedition central)
is responsible for everydeath in America since
they were so busy LYING to impeach a beloved
hopefully they will see justice soon.
America waits patiently for it.
It is dangerous not to try, convict, and sentence traitors, especially the Deep State and fifth-column media, to be publicly hanged.
The fourth estate has become the fifth column.
>>His second was to use the pandemic as an opportunity to show off his world-historical leadership skills by treating the virus as a threat on par with World War II.
He is hardly the only one to draw that comparison. it’s been made in UK an Germany too.
lies by omission are lies
yellow journalism lives
Of those cases with outcomes 95,890, or 88%, have been "" recovered/discharged.
But 13,581, or 12%, died.
When we say that the death rate is 1.51% as of three days ago, that is done by guessing about the future. When we examine the past the death rate is 12%,
It is very difficult to come to final conclusions concerning lethality because of unknowns. We do not know how many people will catch the virus, we simply know what they report but many experts aver that many more with light or minimal symptoms go unreported.
Therefore it is impossible to make a judgment about the percentage of people within the population who die from the virus because we simply do not know what percentage get sick or what percentage will ultimately be treated.
All we know is that of those treated or recorded about 10 to 12% die by the end of the treatment.
The media regurgitated DNC talking points for weeks to create this panic.
Democrat governors in PA, NY, NJ, CT, IL, CA, WA acted simultaneously]
from April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010 approximately 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (8868-18,306)
Partisan Media Shills update.
Oops. I’m in the wrong thread.
I thought this was going to be about the Nuclear Winter - Hole in the Ozone - Global Warming - Climate Change impending emergency that we’re all facing. /S
And we know from this Leftist rag that we can be free of fear if we always have a Democrat/Socialist in the White House. Example: There was no fear at the NYT when tens of thousands died of the Swine Flu, because Obama was in office.
NYT needs only two words to shoot down their rant, “ POTEMKIN VILLAGE”.
I suppose it is all in how you look at it:
1) we dont know even a valid estimate of the patient population. The irony is (or was) that the media is driving testing testing testing. But as more people get tested, many with only mild symptoms, the population goes up and the death rate plummets. The media figured this out which is why they have pivoted to a forget testing its impossible meme.
2) 12% of everyone who gets the disease which is .003% of the World Population meaning .0002% are dying.
3) putting aside the stats, the media is really my issue here. We can all agree on this, very little was amd remains known about this virus. Yet the media used, ala global warming, whatever models they could to drive fear. Some models produced by the very people who had is all dead ten years ago from the rise of the oceans.
We have all the conditions for a French Revolution. If these Insider Trading Senators flaunt their behavior they may discover the price of Let them eat cake.
Here is where the media and left is heading, because its always about a focus grouped pivot:
1) Americans have no patience for restrictions on their daily lives. The media created this but will now stand athwart and blame Trump in order to capitalize on those frustrations. It will be as if this was all Trumps creation.
2) the pivot away from the virus, as if it never happened, is underway. It is a gradual start evidenced by downplaying the danger and in hindsight saying more evidence would have been required to take these measures, etc. Look for Its the Economy Stupid articles to appear shortly.
Already I have heard this gem from our media: The virus and economy really are separate issues.
The way one does this is to look at doubling rate not % of total. We are currently doubling every two days. Italy is every three days. In a sense, Italy is doing better than we are.
Its clear now we are days into the exponential phase of daily deaths which means the numbers of serious and mild are upslope. The magnitude of them is irrelevant to discerning where the asymptote for each group is. We went from doing nothing pretty much to shut it down a week ago. The asymptote for deaths will be then the asymptote for asymptomatic will probably turn out to be last Monday.
I have an image that is a chart. B mail me your gmail address and I can send it to you. At least I think I can. Since you know how to post an image maybe you can share it.
I really could care about the insider trading Senators right now. It was hardly inside information that this would panic the markets. I dumped before this hit based on public news, a couple of previous serious downturns of the market based on this and other indicators, like, the potential supply chain interruption in China.
And consider this, I dont care what the intel briefings said, the CDC was saying publicly what supposedly Burr et. al. got privately.
The insider thing is a democrat trap wherein their guys will skate, our guys will resign and Schumer will become majority leader.
Do I like what they did? No? Do they deserve a chance to explain? Yes.
So long as we have a two tiered justice system: Dems skate, Republicans resign, I am forced to save my justice for primary season. Collins has my vote. Burr sucks but the gov of NC is a dem so I am stuck with him lest I lose his seat and am stuck with Romney having veto power over our government.
Kinda sick of hearing about Italy:
We arent Italy. We dont have as many smokers, we dont have their population density, we dont have their population of elderly and we dont have socialized medicine.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.