Skip to comments.ABBOTT LAUNCHES MOLECULAR POINT-OF-CARE TEST TO DETECT NOVEL CORONAVIRUS IN AS LITTLE AS FIVE MINUTES
Posted on 03/27/2020 11:20:20 PM PDT by Ken H
- The Abbott ID NOW COVID-19 test brings rapid testing to the front lines
- Test to run on Abbott's point-of-care ID NOW platform - a portable instrument that can be deployed where testing is needed most
- ID NOW has the largest molecular point-of-care installed base in the U.S. and is available in a wide range of healthcare settings
- Abbott will be making ID NOW COVID-19 tests available next week and expects to ramp up manufacturing to deliver 50,000 tests per day
- This is the company's second test to receive Emergency Use Authorization by the FDA for COVID-19 detection; combined, Abbott expects to produce about 5 million tests per month
(Excerpt) Read more at abbott.mediaroom.com ...
Abbott is a great company, ID Now is also used to test for influenza
It should play the Jeopardy theme while the test runs.
I used to deliver freight to the Abbott Labs baby formula factory in Casa Grande, Arizona, next to the Frito Lay factory and across the highway from a critical location in my exciting crime thriller, Collateral Crimes (available on Amazon).
What was I talking about? Oh, yeah.
They were the strictest customers ever when it came to sanitation. They took food safety quite seriously.
Can those employees get the same tests run on every customer before they come into contact with them?
ABBOTT LAUNCHES MOLECULAR POINT-OF-CARE TEST TO DETECT NOVEL CORONAVIRUS IN AS LITTLE AS FIVE MINUTES...
This is good news.
Abbott’s always been the brains.
Costello is Worthless.
I love the phone booth scene where he stats singing opera with the lady :)
Another relative works in pharmaceuticals. Abbots was/is her client. This relative used to give us over the counter products and mugs and ink pens, etc. I loved the freebies and missed them when she went to a different company.
Years ago Nancy Pelosi’s democrats banned marketing to healthcare workers; food, “over the counter products and mugs and ink pens, etc” to prevent undue influence. They still allowed contributions to politicians and PACs.
One of my neighbors works in IT at at the Frito Lay factory. Ill have to check out your book.
We need something like this for anyone working or going back to work. If they can make billions of them, inexpensively, everyone can test daily before leaving their home.
It’ll end the crisis if patients self-quarantine while taking the meds and until no longer infectious.
It was on Fox news this morning. Pretty neat device. You take the swab sample either from throat or nose and insert in the machine and 5-10min later voila. Results. They are going out to major cities with highest cases for now then will go out to doctor’s office down the road.
Any chance of posting a picture of the instrument Abbot is announcing ? It would complement your posting.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.