Skip to comments.On Behalf Of Environmentalists, I Apologize For The Climate Scare
Posted on 06/30/2020 12:33:46 PM PDT by NohSpinZone
On behalf of environmentalists everywhere, I would like to formally apologize for the climate scare we created over the last 30 years. Climate change is happening. Its just not the end of the world. Its not even our most serious environmental problem. I may seem like a strange person to be saying all of this. I have been a climate activist for 20 years and an environmentalist for 30.
But as an energy expert asked by Congress to provide objective expert testimony, and invited by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to serve as expert reviewer of its next assessment report, I feel an obligation to apologize for how badly we environmentalists have misled the public.
Here are some facts few people know:
* Humans are not causing a sixth mass extinction
* The Amazon is not the lungs of the world
* Climate change is not making natural disasters worse
* Fires have declined 25 percent around the world since 2003
* The amount of land we use for meathumankinds biggest use of landhas declined by an area nearly as large as Alaska
* The build-up of wood fuel and more houses near forests, not climate change, explain why there are more, and more dangerous, fires in Australia and California
* Carbon emissions are declining in most rich nations and have been declining in Britain, Germany, and France since the mid-1970s
* The Netherlands became rich, not poor while adapting to life below sea level
* We produce 25 percent more food than we need and food surpluses will continue to rise as the world gets hotter
* Habitat loss and the direct killing of wild animals are bigger threats to species than climate change
(Excerpt) Read more at quillette.com ...
The sheep have lost their minds. Reason, logic, and correct analysis are beyond their capability. Sad, but true.
To me environmentalism is just clean air and water. That is what is important. The rest of this crap the left spews is nonsense.
Shellenberger had an article about his new book posted at Forbes.com, but it was removed quickly.
In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell
Pose these to the apologist sandanista POS:
1. Define the correct temperature range for the planet.
2. Define the correct humidity range for the planet.
3. Define the correct mean sea level for the planet.
4. Define the correct amount of precipitation for the planet.
5. Define the correct makeup of the atmosphere.
6. Define the correct amount of sea ice at the N/S poles.
7. Define/explain past glaciation and subsequent warming without any input from humans.
HOW DARE YOU, MICHAEL SHELLENBERGER!!!
True, and the biggest change agent was JD Rockefeller at Standard Oil
Soon to be cancelled.
I was in the environmental field for quite a while immersed in scientific investigation and a lot of what he writes as bullet points is accurate, however I take specific exception to this:
“Vegetarianism reduces ones emissions by less than 4 percent”
because the reason I became a veg was the cruelty of much conventional farming and the maintaining of animals primarily for meat production. But then I would disagree with him that factory farming is going to be the saving of the world.
It is a shame that for science as for so much else in the world today, emotional lies have overriden factual information.
This is the article, republished elsewhere.
Yes, I’m just saying it was posted at Forbes, but then they quickly removed it with no explanation.
Humans and domestic animals have an understanding. We will perpetuate their species in exchange for eating some of them, getting milk or hair, or bacon. To respect this arrangement I think it is more important to eat all of the meat and dont throw it in the trash. Respect. Also scraps should go to dogs. Besides dogs rely on the excess meat that animals yield but humans cant consume so they help us keep up our side of the bargain. I think that vegetarians should not have dogs as companions if they are not going to give dogs meat.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.