Skip to comments.Nuclear, Biological, & Chemical Warfare- Survival Skills, Pt. II
Posted on 10/01/2001 5:29:31 PM PDT by backhoe
Here is a collection of links to information you need about Nuclear, Biological & Chemical Warfare- ABC to us oldtimers.
This second thread refines & extracts more links and information you may need. Get it beforehand!
Chances of survival are increased by knowledge and understanding of the capabilities and limitations of each class of weapons.
It is my hope that those of you who have further knowledge, or links, regarding this will add to it-- and pass it along the 'net.
Couple of Good Nuclear War Survival Primers...
Couple of Good Nuclear War Survival Primers...
You Will Survive Doomsday (Eye-Opening Myth Buster!)
11 Steps to Nuclear War Survival (From Canadian version of FEMA)
Nuclear War Survival Skills (280 pg 'how-to' book on-line!)
Trans-Pacific Fallout (Don't be caught off-guard by these ill winds!)
Nuclear War Unthinkable? (Russian & Chinese Preps!)
Bruce Beach's Nuclear Survival Ark II Site
This last was recently updated and also includes FEMA Nuclear Weapon Target Maps by state along with survival info and groups specific for each! Enjoy!
Shane Connor, author of...
Potassium Iodide Anti-Radiation Pill FAQ
- Fact Sheets on Biological Agents (Center for Civilian Biodefense Studies, The Johns Hopkins University)
- Center for Nonproliferation Studies (CNS): United States Response to CBW Terrorism and Domestic Preparedness
- Christopher F. Chyba, "Biological Terrorism, Emerging Diseases, and National Security" (Project on World Security, Rockefeller Brothers Fund)
- American Medical Association (AMA): Medicine's Role in Responding to Terrorism
- The Medical NBC Battlebook, U.S. Army Center for Health Promotion and Preventive Medicine (USACHPPM), Tech Guide 244, May 1999.
- PhRMA Scientific and Regulatory Affairs: Biological & Chemical Weapons
1) Go to your area Boy Scout or Girl Scout Council shop to find copies of the Manuals.
2) Making the Best of Basics: Family Preparedness Handbook by James Talmadge Stevens
3) U.S. Army Survival Manual by the Dept. of Defense
4) Ranger Handbook by U.S. Army Infantry School
5) SAS Survival Guide by John Wiseman
6) SAS Survival Handbook by John Wiseman
7) The Complete Book of Survival : How to Protect Yourself Against Revolution, Riots, Hurricanes, Famines and Other Natural and Man-Made Disasters by Rainer Stahlberg
Army Field manuals
A Civil Defense Manual - How To Protect Your family - WARNING: 32 pages long.
Anthrax Q & A
Smallpox Threat Small But Worrisome
Smallpox: An Attack Scenario
Botulism Fact sheet link
CDC Answers About Anthrax
Good stuff Maynard
-Index of Nuke articles--
-Index of Chemical Warfare/weapons articles--
-Index of Bioterrorism articles--
-Index of Terrorism articles--
Almost as terrifying is the criminal neglect by the evil Clinton administration since the beginning of the war in 1993, with the first attempt by al-Queba to destroy the World Trade Center.
Why were these monsters allowed to prosper for eight long horrific years.
I personally blame Bill Clinton, his sociopathic, evil wife Hillary, and the endlessly vile Janet Reno (Democrats all) for corrupting and emasculating the FBI, Department of Justice, CIA, & INS. They might as well have been on Osama bin Laden's payroll.
"Has that clinton "legacy" made you feel safer yet?"
On the first thread I mentioned:
The late writer Pat Frank ( Alas, Babylon! & How to Survive the H-Bomb- and Why...) had a theory that if enough Americans prepared for nuclear war, the "winnability" of it would be questioned by the Kremlin, and they'd think twice about striking us. Maybe the same idea would hold true here? It can't hurt to arm yourself with knowledge.
I'm working the list on the link...
I find that's 18 bottles of 100 tablets each (250 mg per tablet) at $37.95 per bottle. Or $680 per person. This is at ...
Did I do the math wrong?
A family of seven would be ... $4780 ... something's wrong here.
All the other items on the suggested list are under $50 per person each.
For informational purposes:
To: American in Israel
"Also keep in mind that doxycycline or cyproflaxin antibiotics are pretty effective against most of the germs used in bio warfare."
Both can be found/ordered here.
Be advised, I strongly DO NOT recommend self-dosing without advice from an MD or medic, but FYI, some overseas antibiotics, and some veterinary antibiotics, are quite cheap. Someone here on FR had more links to web-purchasing these meds, but dam' if I can find them now!
Another thing I can't find is my copy of ( ??? ) Ragnar Benson's "Survival Medicine" ( again ??? not sure of exact spelling or title ) which details using veterinary meds on humans, along with the warnings & cautions on content, dosage, dangers of misdiagnosis, etc.
I say again-- For informational purposes only!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.