Thanks in advance
1) Get a P.O. Box or a private postal box. Some customers will send you checks or money orders and for most of us it is preferable to not give out our home address.
2) Go here and register with eBay. If you can, use a different email address rather than your primary one. Most Internet providers allow you more than one address.
3) Open a PayPal account. (If you aren't familiar with PayPal - they are an online payment service and just about the best way for buyers to pay you on eBay. Open a Premier or Business account, rather than a personal account. They will want want bank and credit card info, but it is well worth it.)
4) If you don't have a digital camera, get one. Almost everything you are going to sell will need pictures. (you can use a film camera, but you will recoup the cost of a digital camera with what you save on film processing) Ebay gives you one free picture with each auction (see steps 6 & 7).
5) Go to eBay and sell your stuff!
Optional stuff. . .
6) If you are online then you probably have some free web space provided by your Internet provider. If you don't know how to use it this is the time to learn. I much prefer to link to my own pictures rather than use some of the third party services.
7) If you don't have an HTML editor, get one. You can jazz up your auctions with colors, multiple pictures, etc. There are free/low cost ones available. I use FrontPage, but maybe we can get some recommendations going here.
8) Order Priority Mail shipping supplies from the USPS . . . for free! For items up to 5 -6 Lbs. this is usually how I ship. Heavier items are usually cheaper sent UPS.
This is a start. I bet we will get a lot of advice and tips going here. There are, of course, many opinions as to the best way to sell on eBay. Read everything, try it and go with what works for you.