Skip to comments.ANNOUNCING...FREE REPUBLIC SECOND AMENDMENT TASK FORCE! (Now it's official!)
Posted on 02/07/2002 1:31:28 AM PST by Mercuria
In a modern world where people can be educated of events at a moment's notice, those committed to the cause of preserving our Constitutional rights have good reason to be concerned. Even with the convenience of instantaneous information and a wealth of resources available at the click of a button to those who wish to educate and be educated as to the truth, such wonders of today can be exploited by those who have a great and driven passion to persuade, and in some cases bully, the citizens of our nation to deprive themselves of their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.
Despite the fact that history presents our Founding Fathers as firmly behind the concept of an armed populace to keep society polite and government honest, there are in existence organizations and government officials who have waited for such a disaster such as occurred on September 11, 2001 in our nation to put forth blatantly skewed information about our Constitutional right of gun ownership in order to instill in American citizens the fear of freedom, with the help of a media that overwhelming supports gun control and who have no shame about using their access to millions to propagandize against our God-given right of self-protection.
Because of the overwhelming push to move our country towards civilian disarmament, it is necessary for those who support the Second Amendment to become more visible and active than ever before. To this end, the Free Republic Second Amendment Task Force was created.
1. Coordinate a team of activists to provide information and updates as to the strength - or weakness - of our Second Amendment freedoms throughout the nation.
2. Research statistics from both sides of the Second Amendment debate for analysis and comparison.
3. Provide education as to the unique power the Second Amendment gives the citizens of America versus government control.
4. Take action to display to the public and our government officials our knowledge of our Constitutional right of self preservation and our willingness to defend this right (via communication campaigns, rallying, public debate, etc.).
Our long-term objectives:
1. Influence those in our government to reject gun control laws, and to restore those Second Amendment rights that have been un-Constitutionally and therefore illegitimately taken away from us.
2. Persuade Americans as to the wisdom of the Founding Fathers' recognition of our rights of self-preservation through the Second Amendment.
3. Expose the bias and lies of anti-Second Amendment organizations and other organizations that support them.
We at Free Republic Second Amendment Task Force hope to encourage many citizens who hold our right to keep and bear arms dear to join us in our mission, with a focus on teamwork and the preservation and restoration of our Second Amendment rights.
Free Republic Second Amendment Task Force could well be the glue to bind us together closer here in our common mission to keep - and restore - those rights that have been brazenly stolen from us.
Let's make this a positive and successful experiment in FR TEAMWORK...and let the FRSATF start-up team (HangFire, lowbridge, SUSSA, and yours truly) know how you wish contribute to Free Republic Network's step forward in Second Amendment activism!
How 'bout a BUMP of support, brothers and sisters?
You guys are the BEST!
Any time? :-)
1) At every appearance at the meeting of some legislative agency, bring women who are either victims of violent crimes that the police and courts failed to protect - or, better still, women whose "protective orders" were worthless against stalkers.
2) Challenge any middle-class sucker mom talking about "child gun deaths" to name the last time any kid under 18 on her street was shot.
This strategy will drive antigun nuts up a wall.
like 1 and 10?
I will look in my bucket of skills and knowledge and decide how I can best contribute to the effort.
You'll shoot your eye out kid!
The look you get is priceless! Let me know if I can help. I can also edit.
Hey, it works for the socialists. Besides which, if one is a member of BOTH, how does it divide effort??? Methinks it actually MULTIPLIES EFFECT.
Oh, they're welcome to join us! :-)
Well, okay; any product of the liberal mindset.
I don't have the time to do it myself, but perhaps we can figure a way to do so with Free Republic. This would be a great thing to pioneer on the web. I am sure that all the original materials are available in files. I will ask some questions.
For you, anytime.
...the cause is the same; only the names have been changed, to promote the ideal. ;^)
1. Letters to the Editor. It's the easiest thing to do. I've been printed several times, and it's the 2nd most read part of the paper besides the sports section.
2. Call our reps(NOT EMAIL).
3. Think local. Everyone thinks national, and there are times to do that, but most of the action takes place in Lansing and Sacremento. The city councils, mayors, county commish, and like are important as well. I wouldn't vote for an Anti Self Defense candidate for dogcatcher. Today's dogcatcher is tomorrow's state rep. School board is the most overlooked and one of the most important.
4. Join your state Pro-2a orgs like MCRGO, TSRA, etc.
In the long run, I'd like to see
1. Form a PAC and Pick 10 federal tough races(congress or senate) and 50 tough state(one in each state to be fair to freepers in those states if there is a tough race there) and local races and we can jump in and donate to. State Rep, State Senate, etc. Money goes further at the local level because of less TV time.
2. The reserecction of the 2nd Amendment Law Library, the best pro-2a site on the web IMO.
Sign me up.
1. Join the Free Republic Network at www.freerepublic.net
2. Tell Mercuria what your Network ID is, so she can add you to the Second Amendment Task Force.
3. Then when you sign onto the Network site as a member, you can select the Task Force from the 'Destinations' tab to see what's going on and join the discussion.
"We are the law of this airport, and you are not going to fly with this weapon."
- Transit police officer as I, perfectly legally, declared an unloaded pistol as checked-in luggage.
The right to self-defense is God-given, and therefore inalienable...and the defense of the weak and helpless is our duty as Christians and as Americans.
Anything I can do, let me know.
We can never have enough people working to protect our Second Amendment Rights. You can sign me up, of course.
If anyone is interested in starting a chapter, either by locality or by issue, please contact me.