Skip to comments.ANNOUNCING...FREE REPUBLIC SECOND AMENDMENT TASK FORCE! (Now it's official!)
Posted on 02/07/2002 1:31:28 AM PST by Mercuria
In a modern world where people can be educated of events at a moment's notice, those committed to the cause of preserving our Constitutional rights have good reason to be concerned. Even with the convenience of instantaneous information and a wealth of resources available at the click of a button to those who wish to educate and be educated as to the truth, such wonders of today can be exploited by those who have a great and driven passion to persuade, and in some cases bully, the citizens of our nation to deprive themselves of their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.
Despite the fact that history presents our Founding Fathers as firmly behind the concept of an armed populace to keep society polite and government honest, there are in existence organizations and government officials who have waited for such a disaster such as occurred on September 11, 2001 in our nation to put forth blatantly skewed information about our Constitutional right of gun ownership in order to instill in American citizens the fear of freedom, with the help of a media that overwhelming supports gun control and who have no shame about using their access to millions to propagandize against our God-given right of self-protection.
Because of the overwhelming push to move our country towards civilian disarmament, it is necessary for those who support the Second Amendment to become more visible and active than ever before. To this end, the Free Republic Second Amendment Task Force was created.
1. Coordinate a team of activists to provide information and updates as to the strength - or weakness - of our Second Amendment freedoms throughout the nation.
2. Research statistics from both sides of the Second Amendment debate for analysis and comparison.
3. Provide education as to the unique power the Second Amendment gives the citizens of America versus government control.
4. Take action to display to the public and our government officials our knowledge of our Constitutional right of self preservation and our willingness to defend this right (via communication campaigns, rallying, public debate, etc.).
Our long-term objectives:
1. Influence those in our government to reject gun control laws, and to restore those Second Amendment rights that have been un-Constitutionally and therefore illegitimately taken away from us.
2. Persuade Americans as to the wisdom of the Founding Fathers' recognition of our rights of self-preservation through the Second Amendment.
3. Expose the bias and lies of anti-Second Amendment organizations and other organizations that support them.
We at Free Republic Second Amendment Task Force hope to encourage many citizens who hold our right to keep and bear arms dear to join us in our mission, with a focus on teamwork and the preservation and restoration of our Second Amendment rights.
Count me in!
Freedom Is Worth Fighting For !!
The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed !!
An Armed Citizen, Is A Safe Citizen !!
No Guns, No Rights !!
Molon Labe !!