Skip to comments.APRIL 20 IN WASHINGTON DC :WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW! (From the IAC/ANSWER COMMUNISTS)
Posted on 04/05/2002 4:51:27 PM PST by Dan from Michigan
APRIL 20 IN WASHINGTON DC
GATHER AT THE WHITE HOUSE @ 11 AM !!!!
- come to the Ellipse, on the south side of the White House -
SPEAKERS TO INCLUDE:
- Mumia Abu-Jamal (taped message)
- Fadia Rafeedi, representative of Palestinian youth
- Elias Rashmawi, Free Palestine Alliance
- Tariq Ali Pakistani playwright & author
- Rev. Graylan Hagler, Senior Minister, Plymouth Congregational Church
- Dr. Helen Caldicott, Nobel Peace Prize Nominee
- Ed Brown, Iman Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin?s (formerly H.Rap Brown) brother
- Martin Espada, performance artist
- Representative from Bayon USA (Filipino organization)
- Macrina Cardenas, Mexico Solidarity Network
- Ramsey Clark, former U.S. attorney general
- Ismael Guadalupe, Committee for the Rescue and Development of Vieques
- Representative from the Zapatista Support Committee
- Bishop Thomas Gumbleton, Auxiliary Bishop, Catholic Archdiocese of Detroit
- Asha Samad-Matias, Muslims against Religious and Racial Profiling and War
- Mara Verheyden-Hilliard, Partnership for Civil Justice LDEF
- Rev. Lucius Walker, IFCO/Pastors for Peace
- Nadia Ahmed, International Students for Peace and Justice
- Jane Franklin, author
- Cheri Honkala, Kensington Welfare Rights Union
- Chris Peters, Native American activist on a walk from California
- Andy Thayer, Chicago Anti-Bashing Network
- Peta Lindsey, A.N.S.W.E.R. youth and student coordinator, Washington DC high school student - & many more!!!
ALSO, PERFORMANCES BY
- Cetiliztli Nauhcampa, Quetzalcoatl Aztec Mexican Dance group
- Pam Parker & Company
- Rhythms of Aqua
- and with a special message from Mos Def
*** THE MARCH *** - After the rally at the White House, we will MARCH east on Pennsylvania Ave. directly in front of the White House, and across Pennsylvania Ave. to the Justice Department.
- At the Justice Department--directly across the street from the J. Edgar Hoover FBI building--we will rally in defense of civil rights and civil liberties and to demand the repeal of Ashcroft's USA Patriot Act.
- After the rally at the Justice Department, we will march on to a concluding rally!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.