Skip to comments.APRIL 20 IN WASHINGTON DC :WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW! (From the IAC/ANSWER COMMUNISTS)
Posted on 04/05/2002 4:51:27 PM PST by Dan from Michigan
APRIL 20 IN WASHINGTON DC
GATHER AT THE WHITE HOUSE @ 11 AM !!!!
- come to the Ellipse, on the south side of the White House -
SPEAKERS TO INCLUDE:
- Mumia Abu-Jamal (taped message)
- Fadia Rafeedi, representative of Palestinian youth
- Elias Rashmawi, Free Palestine Alliance
- Tariq Ali Pakistani playwright & author
- Rev. Graylan Hagler, Senior Minister, Plymouth Congregational Church
- Dr. Helen Caldicott, Nobel Peace Prize Nominee
- Ed Brown, Iman Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin?s (formerly H.Rap Brown) brother
- Martin Espada, performance artist
- Representative from Bayon USA (Filipino organization)
- Macrina Cardenas, Mexico Solidarity Network
- Ramsey Clark, former U.S. attorney general
- Ismael Guadalupe, Committee for the Rescue and Development of Vieques
- Representative from the Zapatista Support Committee
- Bishop Thomas Gumbleton, Auxiliary Bishop, Catholic Archdiocese of Detroit
- Asha Samad-Matias, Muslims against Religious and Racial Profiling and War
- Mara Verheyden-Hilliard, Partnership for Civil Justice LDEF
- Rev. Lucius Walker, IFCO/Pastors for Peace
- Nadia Ahmed, International Students for Peace and Justice
- Jane Franklin, author
- Cheri Honkala, Kensington Welfare Rights Union
- Chris Peters, Native American activist on a walk from California
- Andy Thayer, Chicago Anti-Bashing Network
- Peta Lindsey, A.N.S.W.E.R. youth and student coordinator, Washington DC high school student - & many more!!!
ALSO, PERFORMANCES BY
- Cetiliztli Nauhcampa, Quetzalcoatl Aztec Mexican Dance group
- Pam Parker & Company
- Rhythms of Aqua
- and with a special message from Mos Def
*** THE MARCH *** - After the rally at the White House, we will MARCH east on Pennsylvania Ave. directly in front of the White House, and across Pennsylvania Ave. to the Justice Department.
- At the Justice Department--directly across the street from the J. Edgar Hoover FBI building--we will rally in defense of civil rights and civil liberties and to demand the repeal of Ashcroft's USA Patriot Act.
- After the rally at the Justice Department, we will march on to a concluding rally!