To: The Duke
>>an "unholy alliance between government and big business<<
Flawed, in my opinion, as yet another economic definition of fascism, which wasn't based on economics.
I definte fascism as follows - and in the following definition, I've included Islamofascism aka Islamism:
1. Extremely nationalistic - in the case of Hitler, the nation was the Third Reich, in the case of bin Laden, the nation is the Nation of Islam, the Ummah, which doesn't exist now but did within living memory as the Ottoman Empire.
2. Anti-democratic - these people want to destroy democracy.
3. Subjugation of the individual to the group, to the point of totalitarianism.
4. Use of violence, including mob violence, to achieve political goals, rather than votes or persuasion.
5. Emphasis on action rather than thought.
6. Exaltation of a strong leader.
I appreciate the fact that you have a definition for the word "fascism"...however the definition I was attempting to share was the one put forth by Mussolini - who is acknowledged as the father of fascism.
posted on 01/30/2003 9:24:14 PM PST
by The Duke
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson