Apparently we have a few heathens of our own.
Lots and lots and lots, yes. And we want lower taxes too--free trade, firmer property rights, 2nd amendment rights etc., etc. Those of us who enjoy sex and those of you who are opposed to it should discover common ground.
posted on 04/28/2003 2:44:57 PM PDT
(to the barricades)
- "The Summer of Our Discontent: The Church Fights Back in the Culture War on Homosexuality."
- Transforming Congregations is a network of uniting ("mainline") churches in the USA and Australia whose mission is to "provide information, resources and training in understanding and involvement in transforming ministry toward homosexuals, and to encourage transforming ministry based on loving compassion, scripture, and The Discipline of the United Methodist Church."
- Courage is a network of Roman Catholics whose mission is to "provide spiritual support for men and women striving to live chaste lives in accordance with the Catholic Church's pastoral teaching on homosexuality." Write to Courage, c/oChurch of St John the Baptist, 210 W 31st Street, New York, NY 10001. The phone number is (212) 268-1010. There are chapters in many major cities, including New York, Philadelphia, Harrisburg, and Chicago.
- One By One is a fellowship of Presbyterian (USA) churches whose mission is to "educate and equip the Church to minister the transforming grace and power of the Lord Jesus Christ to those who are in conflict with their sexuality."
- PFOX - welcome!
posted on 04/28/2003 2:50:21 PM PDT
I like sex just fine. I just don't like the purveyors of the perverted versions trying to shove it down my throat, or to impose their degraded morality on my children. In fact, I take great exception to it.
Doesn't make me a mullah, jerk.
- Former Surgeon General C. Everett Koop: "The rectum was not made for intercourse. It's at the wrong angle, it's the wrong size, it doesn't have the same kind of tough lining that the vagina does." Koop, C. Everett. "An Interview with C. Everett Koop." USA Today. 18 September 1987: A13.
- Robert Soule, M.D., retired cardiologist, writes that anal sex "is anatomically incorrect" not only because the rectum is too narrow, but also it has a muscular sphincter, is not lubricated, is open to contamination by feces and parasites, and can result in dilation with subsequent leakage. Soule, Robert, M.D. "Doctor: sodomy is `anatomically incorrect.' " Letter to the editor. Lambda Report, Spring 1996, page 12.
posted on 04/28/2003 2:55:30 PM PDT
posted on 04/28/2003 2:58:48 PM PDT
"Lots and lots and lots, yes. And we want lower taxes too--free trade, firmer property rights, 2nd amendment rights etc., etc. Those of us who enjoy sex and those of you who are opposed to it should discover common ground."
I agree with you 100%, but this is just wishful thinking.
The anti-gay sliver of the Republican party thinks that it is God's mission on earth to completely demonize every last homosexual on earth. Most Republicans aren't like that, in fact I'd say the overwhelming majority aren't.
Unfortunately, we will always have to cope with the tiny albeit very vocal minority.
posted on 04/28/2003 3:07:20 PM PDT
(Ideal MOAB test site: Paris)
You enjoy Homosexual sex?
posted on 04/29/2003 12:58:16 PM PDT
(Do not remove by penalty of law!)
Those of us who enjoy sex and those of you who are opposed to it should discover common ground.
When you pay for all of the costs of your sexual deviance from your own pocket--and keep your filching fingers out of mine--I'll give you a listen. In the interim crawl inside a glory hole and converse with yourself.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson