Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Japan Today Pulls Another

Posted on 07/12/2003 8:45:38 PM PDT by William McKinley

Too funny.

A few days ago, Japan Today picked up a story that had been published on Capitol Hill Blue. It turned out that the story was false, and that Japan Today did not even know about Capitol Hill Blue. (Full story here).

They had gotten the story from a place called TruthOut.org, which is run by managing editor William (Red) Rivers Pitt, co-author of an anti-American screed along with Scott "Have It Your Way" Ritter. Pitt claimed Japan Today took it without permission. Japan Today provided an email that said different.

Japan Today's editor also said they would think twice before ever using TruthOut again.

Earlier today, I posted on my blog an entry saying how the editor had lied, becuase lo-and-behold, Pitt had written a new screed The insiders are coming out, which had been picked up and published by Japan Today, as you can see by a Google search.

I emailed the editor a pretty snied letter, and posted that he lied when he said he would not use TruthOut.

Two hours later- look what you get when you try to load Pitt's screed on Japan Today.

Thanks Mr. Betros, once again.


TOPICS: Extended News; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS: antiamerican; antiamericanism; blameamericafirst; capitalhill; hateamericafirst; japantoday; journalism; plagairism; propaganda; truthout; truthoutdotorg; truthoutorg

1 posted on 07/12/2003 8:45:38 PM PDT by William McKinley
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: William McKinley
Tofu. Looks like meat, but isn't.
2 posted on 07/12/2003 8:47:55 PM PDT by Eric in the Ozarks
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: All
Aww man! Enough of the fundraiser posts!!!
Only YOU can make fundraiser posts go away. Please contribute!

3 posted on 07/12/2003 8:49:57 PM PDT by Support Free Republic (Your support keeps Free Republic going strong!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Registered; Dog; Neets; PhilDragoo; PhiKapMom; MJY1288; Pokey78; Miss Marple; Ms. AntiFeminazi
ping
4 posted on 07/12/2003 8:53:43 PM PDT by William McKinley (From you, I get opinions. From you, I get the story.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: William McKinley
Thanks for keeping on top of this issue. Your work is appreciated!
5 posted on 07/12/2003 9:06:55 PM PDT by hoosiermama (Prayers for all)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: William McKinley
Could be that they are looking for free content too. I say offer them your stuff. Smile.
6 posted on 07/12/2003 9:11:41 PM PDT by Registered (77% of the mentally ill live in poverty, that leaves 23% doing quite well!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: William McKinley
You're amazing ! Thanks for you work and investigations.
7 posted on 07/12/2003 9:12:01 PM PDT by nopardons
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: William McKinley
Thanks. I bookmarked your blog yesterday. I'm not real familiar with blogs, but yours looks like a good place to learn from.
8 posted on 07/12/2003 9:12:22 PM PDT by Ms. AntiFeminazi (three rights make a LEFT)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: Registered
Actually, yesterday I did offer them a piece- on the CHB fiasco. He declined, saying they wanted to let it die quietly.

Imagine my surprise when I saw Pitt's crappola up.

Hopefully, he will have a nice surprise when he realizes it is gone.

9 posted on 07/12/2003 9:14:21 PM PDT by William McKinley (From you, I get opinions. From you, I get the story.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: William McKinley
Yeh, it is a simple re-direct, the header loaded for me.
10 posted on 07/12/2003 9:16:47 PM PDT by Registered (77% of the mentally ill live in poverty, that leaves 23% doing quite well!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: Registered
Yep. You can see it was there (title bar in particular).

Not any more. :-D

11 posted on 07/12/2003 9:18:02 PM PDT by William McKinley (From you, I get opinions. From you, I get the story.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: William McKinley
If you keep a ping list, please put me on it, GREAT READ
12 posted on 07/12/2003 9:33:00 PM PDT by MJY1288
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: All
New from RONCO! Bump-O-Matic!
13 posted on 07/12/2003 9:35:49 PM PDT by Registered (77% of the mentally ill live in poverty, that leaves 23% doing quite well!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: William McKinley

File photo William Rivers Pitt

14 posted on 07/12/2003 10:41:21 PM PDT by PhilDragoo (Hitlery: das Butch von Buchenvald)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: William McKinley
INTREP
15 posted on 07/12/2003 10:58:58 PM PDT by LiteKeeper
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: PhilDragoo; William McKinley
Has anyone ever seen both Terrance J. Wilkinson and William Rivers Pitt in the same place at the same time?

Food for thought. ;-)

16 posted on 07/13/2003 8:37:02 AM PDT by an amused spectator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

To: William McKinley
Thanks for getting the truth out about TRUTHOUT and Japan Today.

BTTT

17 posted on 07/13/2003 8:49:46 AM PDT by weegee
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: William McKinley
Great job William!

Remember we have to remain focused.

18 posted on 07/13/2003 1:46:51 PM PDT by Dog
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson