What this article lacks is a resolution to deal with illegal immigrants. How are we going to assimilate them to the society? Maybe, as he said, It has to start with a dialogue.
posted on 08/26/2003 6:41:24 AM PDT
This part is very interesting.
Is the situation in California different from other states that border Mexico?
Hanson: It is. One is that because California has a much larger population and a much greater economy, it is the entry of choice.
Two, there is a perception among the people from Mexico that the percentage of Californians who are of Mexican background is larger and the political climate is much more liberal and laid back. Therefore there is a much greater chance of things like amnesty or driver's licenses in California than in, say, Texas.
And California is a welfare state.
posted on 08/26/2003 6:47:18 AM PDT
"And we, the host country, have given up on assimilation and allowed separatism to occur in our schools. The result is that we are creating an amoral apartheid society."
Gee, you mean the liberal, politically correct, touchy feely approach of Spanish taught classes and Spanish language everything hasn't worked??
Versus what happened with prior immigrants - you learned English and how this country worked to succeed. Instead we have developed a permanent uneducated, non-English speaking welfare class.
posted on 08/26/2003 6:55:59 AM PDT
"Remember, this is a citizenry that voted in the same year to eliminate affirmative action and legalize marijuana. It's a pretty volatile citizenry."
VDH is the greatest, but I don't understand his comment here. Seems to me that both positions are based on individual liberty and personal accountability. It's how I'd vote. Affirmative action gives special privileges to people for their group identity. Medical marijuana laws turn responsibility over to the individual for their own medical treatment. Same thing in my book.
How are we going to assimilate them to the society?
1) Eliminate foreign languages from government service bureaus - and translators too. You want service? Speak English.
2) Provide English classes at government expense, day and night. Provide free transportation to and from class. They should be designed to bring fluency and the ability to read and write in the shortest possible time.
3) Eliminate "anchor babies". Being born in the US of illegal parents should not confer citizenship.
4) Eliminate welfare. Freebies should not be the attraction. Hardworking folks, responsible folks, are those who will assimilate the easiest. Parasites "yearning to eat free" will not.
5) Eliminate bilingual & english as a second language programs immediately. Immersion works, they do not.
6) Wage a propaganda war. "Aztlan" and similar garbage should be denounced as racist and un-American.
posted on 08/26/2003 7:05:50 AM PDT
Every article I have seen written by Hanson, or about what Hanson has to say, posted here begins with a tribute and biographical sketch of Hanson. The self-serving approach is beginning to detract from Hanson's writings.
posted on 08/26/2003 7:23:53 AM PDT
What is really sad is that conservatives and republicans are screaming to our leaders to fix the illegal alien problem, and we are told to shut up or go away. We've got RINOs that only listen to big business or are afraid of the liberal media to do anything substantiative. I wish we had more Tancredos.
posted on 08/26/2003 7:59:19 AM PDT
(sasafras (The road to hell is paved with good intentions))
To: Isara; Imagine
(COPY AND DISTRIBUTE WIDELY. Revise and extend as you see fit, start a movement, print a petition, start a political party, confront your legislators, write letters, post posters, drop leaflets, demand, demand, demand
18 POINT ACTION PLAN: Border Violators
1) Close all US borders to illegal entry forthwith by any and all means possible, including military presence.
2) Maintain legitimate immigration levels at modest annual level with requirements that immigrants be employable or sufficiently wealthy for self-support if they do not intend to work, proficient in basic English and willing to be assimilated into American culture and language. All applicants shall provide prints, photos and DNA samples.
3) Legal immigration shall be awarded to individuals on a lottery basis, wherein all countries are given equal status in the immigration lottery, without regards to color or economic plight of originating nation.
4) Individuals of Islamic faith (muslims) from any country shall be denied immigration privileges or entry into the US. Christians and Jews from muslim countries fleeing religious persecution shall receive preferential and accelerated immigration privileges.
5) Detain all border violators, taking photos, prints and DNA samples of said violator while at the same time, checking for out standing warrants. If no warrants are outstanding, return border violators to home country within 20 days via commercial airline and submit cost of such action, including processing and housing costs for said violator, to country of origin. If costs are not paid within 30 days, reduce any and all aid to said country by a like amount.
6) Should any country from which a border violator originates not currently receive any aid from the US, the Justice Department shall be authorized to seize or secure liens on assets owned, managed or registered to that country to the full extent of the obligation.
7) Establish new Guest Worker Visa (GWV) category, renewable every six (6) months, for unskilled labor positions wherein all applicants shall provide prints, photos and DNA samples. Work permitted of such applicants shall be limited to one of several categories, including childcare, lawn/gardening, restaurant staff, cleaning, and the like. Families of GWV workers are not permitted to enter US, nor will the birth of a child to one of GWV status confer citizenship to either parent or child.
8) Any violation of civil or criminal laws shall result in the forfeiture of the GWV and immediate return to originating country.
9) GWV holders shall be prohibited from claiming unemployment benefits, welfare support or free medical service.
10) The originating country of all GWV holders shall be responsible for any uninsured loss caused by the GWV, including emergency medical claims and/or claims resulting from illegal actions committed while in the US.
11) Companies who hire GWV holders shall submit to the Immigration Dept the name and GWV number of that individual, along with a description of employment tasks. Companies shall be subject to fines and penalty that fail to report employment of GWV workers, or hire border violators. GWV workers shall be paid with check, having income tax withheld. GWV workers shall not be subject to unemployment tax because they are not eligible to receive unemployment compensation.
12) Border violators, or any non-citizen not possessing a valid visa, detained by local police for any reason shall be turned over to border control officials for immediate deportation action, except if they face criminal charges in other jurisdictions.
13) Border violators and GWV workers shall be prohibited from voting in local, state and federal elections.
14) Border Violators shall NOT be afforded the rights enjoyed by American citizens, as guaranteed under the constitution.
15) Public education (at institutions supported by taxpayer dollars) at any level (pre-school, kindergarten through the university level,) shall NOT be available to Border Violators (or children of Border Violators) and schools that enroll such individuals shall be subject to penalties.
16) Foreign Students (F/S) (individuals admitted to the U.S. for the purpose of attending any educational facility,) private institution or public (i.e. supported by taxpayer dollars,) must have valid student visas, such visas being in force only if the F/S attends school full-time. F/S shall be required to pay tuition, housing and related costs such that all their educational costs are fully reimbursed to the institution attended. The originating country shall pay for any and all loss caused by students while on U.S. soil.
17) Border Violators seeking emergency medical treatment shall provide pictures, fingerprints and DNA samples along with country of origin, and shall be treated then incarcerated until information provided can be verified. Originating country shall bear the costs of medical treatment and confinement.
18) Children born in the U.S. to border violators, illegal aliens or of foreign nationals in the U.S. for any reason (including temporary visitor, school or work visas,) shall not be eligible for citizenship as circumstances of birth, nor shall the parents or parents family members (relatives) be conferred U.S. citizenship as a result of such births.
posted on 08/26/2003 8:51:30 AM PDT
(The Right person, at the Right place...)
Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.
of course. When my grandfather arrived in 1902, he was part of a thirty million man mass of legal immigrants. Even though they arrived over a 25 year period, it required another generation in order for their families to become assimilated- and that was a legal, orderly immigration where assimilation was desired! Imagine how difficult will be the assimilation of 20 million illegals who dont give a damn about assimilation, and have plenty of native support for that separatist attitude.
posted on 08/26/2003 9:50:48 AM PDT
posted on 08/26/2003 12:47:42 PM PDT
(:: http://www.radiofreerepublic.com :: Hi-Fi FReepin' ::)
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson