To: Revelation 911; The Grammarian; SpookBrat; Dust in the Wind; JesseShurun; maestro; patent; ...
ping to this and to Daniel 6
posted on 08/28/2003 8:52:50 PM PDT
(In the Beginning was the Word)
To: xzins; Frumanchu; nobdysfool; Calvinist_Dark_Lord; snerkel; RnMomof7; drstevej
xzins, Daniel 6 doesn't apply because....
First of all, there is no Biblical command anywhere in the Bible for placing the Decalogue where Judge Moore placed it. No, command, no obedience to God requirement to resist the removal of the Decalogue.
Secondly, Judge Moore's refusal to comply with the Federal Judge's order is based on the fact that the Federal Judge had absolutely no jurisdiction to give the order. Since the order is not lawful or Constitutional it has absolutely no force of law.
IOW, this is a matter of the Constitution and not the Bible. And, that makes the Alabama AG wrong for saying that Judge Moore should have complied with the order. The AG should have told the Federal Judge where to shove his order.
However, this doesn't mean that a few Ministers need to tear something up. I'd suggest they start with their copies of the Constitution, if they even have any.
posted on 08/29/2003 8:47:50 AM PDT
(Recognize that all true Christians will be Calvinists in glory,...)
We live in a country founded on the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and we cannot allow that to be changed.
Judge Moore has the Constitution on his side, and about 80% of the people. I wonder how many of that remaining 20% Clinton/Gore lunatic fringe will post to this thread.
posted on 08/29/2003 9:19:32 AM PDT
( . Best policy RE: Environmentalists, - ZERO TOLERANCE !!)
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson