Skip to comments.
Communist Goals AS PREDICTED IN 1947 (1947 - Before McCarthy)
Las Vegas Evening Review-Journal & Boulder City Journal, Official Newspaper of Boulder City
| March 29, 1947
| Grand Dillman (Deceased)
Posted on 09/15/2003 7:17:11 PM PDT by AnimalLover
Headline: REPORT REVEALS RED PLOTS
Article: Un-American Group Charges Soviets Plan Overthrow of America
Sub Title: U.S. Communist Party Reported To Be Acting On Direct Orders From Kremlin To Sabotage Government of the United States
WASHINGTON, Mar. 29 (UP) The house un-American activities committee charged formally today that the American communist party, acting on direct orders from Moscow, seeks to overthrow the United States government as part of an international Soviet conspiracy.
In a minutely documented, 26,000 word report to congress, the committee said the American communist movement is only one of 67 similar groups throughout the world which carry out the orders of the communist executive committee in Moscow.
The committee said that when the time came, American communists might even be able to reduce the effectiveness of our armed forces.
WE MUST RECOGNISE, it said, THAT IN DEALING WITH COMMUNISM WE ARE DEALING WITH A WORLD- WIDE REVOLUTIONARY MOVEMENT WHICH IS BEING DIRECTED BY A FOREIGN GOVERNMENT.
Chairman J. Parnell Thomas, republican, New Jersey, said the report was issued to drive home to congress and the people a realization that the communist party in this country is a fifth- column pawn of Moscow.
The committee had conducted hearings all week on legislation to curb communist activities to outlaw the American communist party outright.
The report recommended no specific method for dealing with American communists. Reliable sources, however, said the committee had decided to give up any thought of outlawing the party and to concentrate instead on bills to block specific subversive activities.
Members were said to feel that outlawing the party altogether would drive communists under- ground, making them harder to apprehend. There also was a question whether such legislation would be upheld by the Supreme Court.
Such a decision would put the committee four-square with the views of FBI Chief J. Edgar Hoover. He testified during the week that American communists were trying to overthrow the United States government and that in case of a United States-Russian war they would support Russia. He said, however, that he would hesitate to recommend outlawing the party because it would put the Reds in the light of martyrs and cause them to draw an even tighter curtain of secrecy about their operations.
The committee said the American communist movement, once ignored as being of little consequence, had firmly established in its totalitarian bridgehead in LABOR UNIONS, GOVERNMENT, POLITICAL PARTIES, NEWSPAPERS, RADIO and SCHOOLS and COLLEGES.
Its influence is far out of proportion to its membership due to its discipline, its control of strategic posts in mass organizations and its ties with the Soviet government which today enjoys unprecedented standing as a world power, it said.
TOPICS: Business/Economy; Constitution/Conservatism; Crime/Corruption; Culture/Society; Editorial; Extended News; Foreign Affairs; Government; News/Current Events; Philosophy; Politics/Elections; Russia
KEYWORDS: 1947; 1963; academia; agenda; anticapitalism; bewaretheredmenace; classenvy; commies; communism; communistgoals; communists; culturewar; democrats; dems; evilinfluence; fifthcolumn; fifthcolumnists; goals; governmentoverthrow; indoctrination; jobisalmostdone; joestalin; josephstalin; laborunions; mccarthywasright; newspaperarchives; politics; reddupes; redmenace; reds; schools; sedition; slipperyslope; socialism; socialists; sovietunion; stalin; taxtherich; theredmenace; treason; unclejoe; unions; universities
I finally copied the article from the old newspaper that I found. Remember, I have no scanner.
It makes for interesting reading - I think we'd better get busy, it might be too late!
MUST READ! Communist Goals (1963)
Posted by cody32127 On 08/17/2003 4:49 PM PDT with 18 comments
Congressional Record--Appendix, pp. A34-A35 ^ | January 10, 1963 | HON. A. S. HERLONG
The following article was printed just below that
Date: MARCH 29, 1947
Article: CIO Denies Red Charges
Detroit, Mar. 29 (AP)
Top leaders of the CIO United Auto Workers took sharp issue today with Michigan Governor Kim Siglers testimony that the communist party has gained absolute control
of certain unions.
Siglers remarks yesterday before the house committee on un-American activities were
described by UAW President Walter P. Reuther as part of the current all-out drive which organized reaction has launched against labor and liberal forces in this country.
Vice President R. J. Thomas and Secretary Treasurer George F. Addes, two of the three
UAW high officials who Sigler testified were captives of the communist party in the
United States, had quick denials to the charges.
Addes, who said he spoke for both, called the republican governors statement a falsehood which apparently was obtained from poisoned sources.
Now they just call themselves Democrats.
Making matters worse is the fact that the Republican Party just lets the deception continue without calling any attention to it by the voters. That has to stop.
posted on 09/15/2003 7:34:19 PM PDT
(Two choices: Republican or Communist. You know it's true.)
To: Tailgunner Joe
To: AZ GRAMMY
posted on 09/15/2003 7:55:30 PM PDT
by c-b 1
The scores of Commies in The US congress now label themselves "SOCIALIST PARTY" and their goal is still the same,hate America.
To: Uncle George
I disagree. Their goal is the goal of countless tyrants throughout the ages; to set themselves up in the lap of luxury and to others to serve and obey them as slaves. Ever wonder why the rich liberals don't mind paying more taxes? Because they will find ways to avoid it and still remain rich.
posted on 09/15/2003 8:11:20 PM PDT
by Blood of Tyrants
(Even if the government took all your earnings, you wouldn’t be, in its eyes, a slave.)
To: AnimalLover; cody32127
Thanks for posting this and the link to the other article information from 1963.
Unfortunetely, it looks like the communists have been succeeding beyond their wildest imaginations.
"The committee said the American communist movement, once ignored as being of little consequence, had firmly established in its totalitarian bridgehead in LABOR UNIONS, GOVERNMENT, POLITICAL PARTIES, NEWSPAPERS, RADIO and SCHOOLS and COLLEGES."
And looking at the list from 1963 -- they also achieved almost every single item on the list, all of which were designed and do weaken the USA.
It is absolutely scary.
For anyone who didn't go to your link, I highly recommend they do and read it and weep. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/965685/posts
In fact, why not, I am re-copying it here to make it even easier to see:
MUST READ! Communist Goals (1963)
Congressional Record--Appendix, pp. A34-A35 ^ | January 10, 1963 | HON. A. S. HERLONG
Posted on 08/17/2003 4:49 PM PDT by cody32127
I AM GOING TO KEEP POSTING THIS UNTILL EVERYONE SEE'S THIS!
Congressional Record--Appendix, pp. A34-A35 January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman's request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following "Current Communist Goals," which she identifies as an excerpt from "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen:
[From "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen]
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a "religious crutch."
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use ["]united force["] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
Since the goal is the overthrow of the United States
Government, wouldn't this be considered treason?
They (communists) were the "enemy" in the late 40's
and into the 50's - Joe McCarthy tried to identify them
(perhaps he went too far once in awhile?) and was
cut off at the knees.
Aren't they still the enemy "within" and like a cancer
should be cut out?
To: Uncle George
The scores of Commies in The US congress now label themselves "SOCIALIST PARTY" and their goal is still the same,
hate America.... seditious overthrow of our constitutional republic.
posted on 09/16/2003 12:21:07 AM PDT
The difference between "then" and "now" is that there was a House Committee On UnAmerican Activities that dated back to the 1930s. Some haters mutated the name in the easier to pronounce "HUAAC" but no group by that name ever existed.
posted on 09/16/2003 12:23:26 AM PDT
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
Well Canadian Peter Jennings took the loyalty oath because he finally became a US citizen (after 20+ years in this country). Yet Petah violated the oath because he claims that he is still a Canadian and holds a "dual citizenship". Ut uh, Petah. You are supposed to surrender any allegiances to foreign nations when you take the US oath (some people have "dual citizenship" because they are born in America yet another nation lets them claim citizenship as well).
There is also this take on the loyalty oath from Ask the Imam:
Is it allowed to obtain United States Citizenship so that travelling for deen becomes easier?
They require you to promise to bear arms for the country. The oath of allegiance is as follows:
The Oath of Allegiance I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.
If they require or ask you to bear arms against a muslim country, what should be the response. Their laws are against 4 marraige law of Islaam. Does the pledge cause any "Ilhaad" or any such anti-islamic view? Please answer according to Hanafi Fiqh.
1. If your intention is solely to facilitate easier travel, you are permitted to obtain US citizenship. Although the oath of allegiance is un-Islamic in nature, it will not be treated as an 'Islamic oath'. Therefore, you are not compelled to execute the oath.
2. If you are called up to bear arms against Muslims, you are not permitted to do so by Islamic law.
3. The pledge does not constitute Ilhaad.
Mufti Muhammad Kadwa
CHECKED AND APPROVED CORRECT: Mufti Ebrahim Desai
We have a fifth column in our country who claim "citizenship" but hold loyalties to foreign powers.
posted on 09/16/2003 12:45:11 AM PDT
Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a "religious crutch."
This one sounds like the words of this media chief:
posted on 09/16/2003 12:55:09 AM PDT
To: AnimalLover; All
any possibility you could either post the summary points of the commie plan, or email me (us...) the document?
posted on 09/16/2003 5:10:29 AM PDT
(For my fellow Americans; my life... for our enemies; The Sword!!!)
Check Post #8 by Fair Opinion. Listed is the
Communist Goals. Funny, they seem to be doing quite
well in achieving their goals!
To: Robert Drobot
Does anyone know how to get copies of the congressional record from 1947? I think reading some parts of it could be very very educational.
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson