HOT ITALIAN SAUSAGE FRITTATA
This is really yummy, and it changes the subject for breakfast fast!Preset oven to 350 degrees F.
- 8 ounces hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup salsa (join my newsletter on my site, and I'll send a recipe for salsa that will knock your socks off... HA!)
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt to taste
1) Sauté onion and garlic in a 10-inch oven-safe skillet. Add broken up sausage and cook until no longer pink, mincing as it cooks. Pour off fat if required.
2) Beat eggs, ricotta cheese, heavy cream, and seasonings in a bowl. Add salsa, and mix..
3) Pour mixture over eggs.
Bake approximately 20 minutes or until mostly set. (Do not overcook or eggs become tough.)
4) Remove from oven and top with cheese.
5) Put under broiler until cheese melts and is golden.
Allow to cool slightly before trying to cut.
Serves 4 for breakfast.