Free Republic
Browse · Search
Religion
Topics · Post Article

To: kosta50
This may be news to you: Russia has been converted to Christ 1,016 years ago and has practiced Orthodox Catholic Faith since then.

And was the first nation on earth to embrace Communist atheism; the anti-Christ state personified. Thanks, guys. Great examples of faith, there. But not to worry, the Roman Catholic west defeated it for you. Here, have your country back courtesy of our blood and efforts. Please do better this time.
34 posted on 05/23/2004 12:42:04 PM PDT by broadsword (The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for Democrats to get elected.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies ]


To: broadsword; kosta50; MarMema; Destro; FormerLib; RussianConservative
And was the first nation on earth to embrace Communist atheism

embrace? Is that the word? Like the way German Jews embraced Nazi fascism? Is that right?

But not to worry, the Roman Catholic west defeated it for you. Here, have your country back courtesy of our blood and efforts.

Ok, lecture us with a history lesson on how the Roman Catholic west defeated Communism in Russia. This I've got to hear. Please elaborate for us about the "blood and efforts" you mention. I heard it collapsed from internal problems, but obviously I was misinformed. By all means, set the record straight.

And don't let the sarcasm hit you on the way out, Holmes.

35 posted on 05/23/2004 3:37:40 PM PDT by monkfan (Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies ]

To: broadsword
And was the first nation on earth to embrace Communist atheism

Kind of like your priesthood has embraced pedophilia.

37 posted on 05/23/2004 3:54:15 PM PDT by MarMema
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies ]

To: broadsword
But not to worry, the Roman Catholic west defeated it for you

Blasphemy.

38 posted on 05/23/2004 3:54:54 PM PDT by MarMema
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies ]

To: broadsword
Great examples of faith, there.

Yours are much more enduring today, of course.

39 posted on 05/23/2004 4:00:07 PM PDT by MarMema
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies ]

To: broadsword; MarMema; FormerLib; katnip; Salvation
And was the first nation on earth to embrace Communist atheism; the anti-Christ state personified

Communism was imposed by force. That's what revolutions do. They change order of things by force. In the case of Russia, the people involved in imposing its will on the population was a small but radical minority. So much for your expertise on Russia and your understanding of the world.

More importantly, communism failed to stamp out religion. After almost a century of state sponsored godlessness, Orthodoxy is back and growing in Russia. It survived in the hearts and minds of the Russian people, generations of them born in communism. That is the kind of unshakable rock on which the Church was built and on which it stands to this day 2,000 years later in the form of Orthodox Catholic Faith.

Russian Church faced the gates of hell and survived. Nothing could be a more evident proof of its true nature. Instead of giving the Russian Christians credit and praise for passing the test, you deny them even Christianity by rooting to "evangelize" them! How loving of you!

But, against the backdrop of the situation in Western Christianity, and its experiements, deviations, perversions, lack of faith or respect for the Eucharist, innovations, etc. one does not need communism. It seems, the rock on which your Church has been built is somewhat shakier than ours. But instead of rejoycing, we pray for your Church and its return to orthodoxy.

47 posted on 05/23/2004 8:39:39 PM PDT by kosta50 (Eastern Orthodoxy is pure Christianity)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies ]

To: broadsword
Here, have your country back courtesy of our blood and efforts.

Well, thanks for that incredible display of falsehoods and arrogance.

So, ever hear of a man named Jesus? By what you've added to this discussion, you could learn a few things from him.

48 posted on 05/23/2004 8:48:37 PM PDT by FormerLib (It's the 99% of Mohammedans that make the other 1% look bad.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
Religion
Topics · Post Article


FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson