One of the most eye opening and prayer enhancing things I ever heard was the our father laid out as a framework for prayer.
1) Our father who art in heaven hollowed be thy name: Start your prayers by first Glorifying God
2) Thy kingdom come thy will be done ...: As Jesus did submit yourself first to gods will firstly and what follows secondly
3) Give us this day our daily bread: Here bring your request, request which are hopefully motivated by the spirit not (oh God I would like a Ferrari)
4) And Forgive us our trespasses: Confess your wrongs to the lord, seek out sin in your life
5) As we forgive those who trespass: Ask for help in forgiving offenses you may hold against others
6) the kingdom and honor and glory: Again praise God...
In terms of a frame work this in incredibly more powerful than just repeating a prayer you learned in ccd or Sunday school
That is because that was the purpose of the prayer in scripture. The Apostles said Lord HOW should we pray (not WHAT should we pray)
Jesus responded when you pray, pray LIKE this ( not PRAY THIS)
It was given to us as a pattern for prayer.
Also when He gave us this pattern He revealed the fatherhood of God to the elect. Something that was not a part of Jewish thought but is clearly taught in the NT