12 Prophetic Signposts for 2008
As I have been waiting on the Holy Spirit throughout the month of January I have been processing in my spirit several prophetic themes. The listing below includes many of the things Holy Spirit has been stirring in my heart as we move into 2008. I also feel that some of what I shared for 2007 is still being carried over into 2008 and has not reached its full development. I encourage you to also read our 2007 article to continue to lay hold of the Father’s heart for this generation of believers and for your life personally. Take some time to meditate and pray over the Key Scriptures included with each prophetic highlight. I pray these words are a blessing to you.
1) God is about to invade His church. Jesus is inspecting His Father’s temple. Some tables are going to be overturned this year. Don’t be dismayed when you see this happen. It is the hand of the Lord. God is refining the inward motives of the heart. Any work done with a selfish, self-seeking motive will not survive the refining fire. Key Scriptures: Mt 21:12; 1 Cor 3:13, 4:5
2) God is calling the church to return to and re-strengthen the foundations of our faith and personal walk with Him and our ministries. A refining fire is coming and anything not built on a foundation of love will not stand the testing. God is inspecting our works. He wants work motivated by first love, not empty activity. Some lamp stands will be removed this year. Anything not built on love will be shaken. Key Scripture: Rev 2:4-5
3) There will be many “love-tests” this year. People will be given opportunities to grow in true Christ-like love. God will allow moments of difficulty and challenge to teach us to walk and live in love. He is taking us deeper into the gospel of the Kingdom, which is to love God with all our hearts and to love people. God is really bringing a revival of true heartfelt love. God wants to invade whole cities and regions. The key that will unlock cities and bring a move of God like the Welsh Revival of 1904 will be a revelation and reality of Kingdom love. Key Scriptures: 1 Pet 4:12-13; Mt 22:36-40
4) New ministries will be birthed this year. There will be another wave of launching ministries. God has been laying foundations and now is the time to take action and step out into the fullness of the call of God. Some “good things” will have to be let go of in order to lay hold of God’s best. It truly will be a season of “new beginnings” for many. Key Scripture: Gen 12:1
5) The apostolic mandate will continue to mature and come into greater manifestation this year as the church is “sent by God” into the marketplace, highways and byways to see the gospel of the Kingdom advance forward. There will be a fresh emphasis on souls, church planting and discipling new believers. We will see a new wave of evangelism released through apostolic order. God is stirring the body to aggressively pursue creative miracles and deliverance. Look for opportunities for God to move outside of church meetings. If you make yourself available He will move in the most unexpected places. Key Scriptures: Luke 14:23; John 1:6-8
6) God will reveal to the church the true prosperity of the Lord. Any prosperity preached with a motive of greed and selfishness will be shaken down so the true prosperity of the Lord can shine forth. Only God knows the motives and intents of the heart. We must be careful not to prematurely judge people or ministries. Let God be the judge. God is refocusing our understanding of biblical prosperity with the truth that we are blessed so we can be a blessing to others and advance the Kingdom of God in the earth. (Remember, prosperity is more than just finances. It also includes divine health, healing, protection, forgiveness, grace, joy, peace, and much more.) God will continue to anoint people with creative business ideas for supernatural wealth to help fund the end-time harvest. Key Scriptures: 2 Cor 9:6-11; Isa 60:11.
7) Foundational truths will be emphasized by the Holy Spirit, including the blood of Christ, the cross of Christ and salvation through repentance of sin. Key Scriptures: Eph 1:7; Col 1:14; Gal 6:14
8) God is causing us to inspect and re-strengthen our foundation so He can bring multiplication and increase. Anything done with a pure motive and built on a foundation of selfless love will see a wonderful multiplication and increase this year. That which has a solid foundation will be multiplied in 2008.
9) God is teaching His people how to operate in dominion from a position of rest. We must know how to use governmental Kingdom authority from a place of resting in Christ’s finished work. Both dominion and rest are being highlighted by the Holy Spirit. This dominion will cause the enemy to be displaced out of the land of our inheritance so that we can not only possess but be multiplied in that land. Key Scriptures: Col 1:13; Josh 6:1-2, 15-16.
10) An apostolic shift of focus is coming into how we view the “church”. God will continue to give us understanding into the practical functions of the apostolic. God is shifting the vision of leaders beyond their own kingdom onto His Kingdom. A baptism of love will cause leaders to understand “the church” is not just their local congregation, but it is the corporate body within that city, nation and world! Greater expressions will be given to the corporate church. God wants leaders and churches to have a heart for one another.
God wants to invade, awake and transform whole regions and cities. Apostolic leaders will be raised up transforming local churches into holy habitations of God’s glory that release the body of Christ into greater fullness and manifestation. Pastors and other five-fold ministries called to the apostolic will continue to shift this year in their vision and function. Some churches will make the transition from “local church” to “regional apostolic centers”. Through the apostolic we will see a greater merging together of the prayer movement, evangelism and church planting. The prayer movement and power movement will come together in a greater way.
11) This will be a year of understanding God’s great grace on many levels. We will hear a lot about grace, faith and love. Key Scriptures: Gal 5:6; 1 Tim 1:14
12) Those with media mantles given in 2007 will see an increase and expansion in the media in 2008. God and His current day move will be seen on both Christian and secular television. God is invading the airwaves with His glory. We will also see the “face” of Christian TV changing.
A Vision Of An Assassin
February 3, 2008
I saw a Christian leader dressed in a military uniform standing before what appeared to be a military tribunal. He had been charged with committing willful friendly fire, i.e., shooting his own troops. It became appallingly clear as witnesses were called that this man had condemned, slandered, and assassinated anyone he considered a rival among those he had been entrusted to lead and serve.
Next to him as witnesses for the prosecution sat many injured saints anxiously waiting for their day of justice in court. Some were limping, some scarred, and some blinded by this mans venomous tongue. It was clear he had done amazing damage while wearing the garb of a leader and had treated his own brethren as the enemy. As the charges were read, and witnesses called, it became unnervingly clear that the one prosecuting him was none other than Christ himself.
Some of the witnesses against this man demanded that he be put in front of a firing squad to face an army of accusing, shooting tongues more deadly that his own. It was clear he had used his position of trust to injure many. Why? Because he could.
The accuser of the brethren took the stand and bragged about his unfettered access to this mans mouth and he laughed at the damage this accusing, lying man of God had done for him. He then demanded from the judge the right to do to this sinning saint as he chose. After all, by his willful slander and accusations, he had entered into a binding covenant of death with the accuser!
Finally, all rose and stood before the Judge. In military style, the charges were recounted and this slandering leader was accused of using Jesus blood to build his own kingdom, of injuring many in the body of Christ, and of being a traitor, an assassin who killed those he had been charged to care for and nurture. He was a murderer in Gods eyes having shed the blood of his brethren.
He was found guilty on all counts.
Then the strangest thing happened. The prosecutor stood up and offered the accused, now the condemned, a new uniform. This new uniform bore a medical insignia. The prisoner was told that the court wanted to offer him mercy but at a price. He was to be stripped of his present uniform but if he wanted mercy he would have to become a healer in the body. He would have to confess the lies he had told, the damage he had done, and he would be given a special salve to help heal those he had injured. He would yet find mercy only and if he would become merciful.
He responded that the gifts and callings of God are without repentance.
The prosecutor then told him that, while this was true, that verse meant that he would always have a calling from God but he had disqualified himself from that calling. Many are called, but few are chosen was the reply. He was reminded that Judas lost his place and was replaced. The kingdom was also rent from Sauls hand. His place of service was being taken away and given to another.
The Judge told the guilty man he had two choices: mercy, under the condition he would repent and become an agent of mercy, or the disgrace (literally not grace) of a dishonorable discharge. Either way, his reign of terrorism in the body of Christ was at an end.
Let the reader understand.
This rings true to me because our pastor is preaching on the Heart of God this year. Our sermon on worship and loving God through worship was amazing on Sunday. We have also started a Foundations teaching. Most of the adults in the church are coming.I feel we’re one of the churches in the area that is truly loving and that God is building on it. There’s been a great outreach to students at the local university and we have about 15 of all ethnic backgrounds coming. It’s been such a blessing. It’s exciting to be part of a LIVING church!
We also just had a four week video teaching by Robert Morris on First Fruits, giving God our first in everything. If we do it ONLY because we love God and want to obey his kingdom principles, he WILL prosper us in every way. When we tithe, HE gives the increase. It’s not to be done however to gain finances, only to please Him. We were struggling financially in our church for over a year. We were behind every week. Since the teachings, which is only a couple of months now, we have tripled our tithes and we’re way ahead. It’s amazing.