Skip to comments.America's 3,320th Birthday? HAPPY FOURTH FRIENDS!
Posted on 07/03/2008 9:56:58 AM PDT by Jo Nuvark
Tomorrow is our nations 232nd birthday. Two months ago Israel celebrated its 60th birthday. I feel that more honest arithmetic would have had the small beleaguered country actually celebrating its 3,320th birthday. What happened three millennia ago which brought the people of Israel into existence? Ancient Israel became a nation with an eternal destiny when it received its constitution, the Torah, from God on Mount Sinai and formally adopted it. And (Moses) took the Book of the Covenant, and read it in the hearing of the people; and they said...
(Excerpt) Read more at community.icontact.com ...
2. We have been the recipients of the choicest bounties of heaven... but we have forgotten God. It behooves us, then to humble ourselves before the offended Power, to confess our national sins, and to pray for clemency and forgiveness. Abraham Lincoln
3. Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, and that His justice cannot sleep forever. President Thomas Jefferson.
4. The first and almost the only Book deserving of universal attention is the Bible. John Quincy Adams.
5. All the good from the Saviour of the world is communicated through this Book; but for the Book we could not know right from wrong... Abraham Lincoln.
6. The Bible is the one supreme source of revelation of the meaning of life, the nature of God and spiritual nature and need of men. It is the only guide of life which really leads the spirit in the way of peace and salvation. Woodrow Wilson
7. Go to the Scriptures, the joyful promises it contains will be a balsam to all your troubles. Andrew Jackson
8. The foundations of our society and our government rest so much on the teachings of the Bible that it would be difficult to support them if faith in these teachings would cease to be practically universal in our country. Calvin Coolidge
GOD BLESS AMERICA PING!
On the day the Declaration of Independence was adopted, Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, and Thomas Jefferson were appointed as a committee to propose a seal for the brand-new United States. They presented a design that depicted Israel crossing the Red Sea led by the pillar of fire. (Their recommendation can be seen in the papers of the Continental Congress.)
Today is also the anniversary of Pickett’s Charge.
God Bless America and God Bless Us All, is what I have to say. :-)
God Bless America.
PICKETT’S CHARGE IMAGES & STORY
In my opinion, Colonel Chamberlain decided the Civil War one day earlier when he ordered his tired men, nearly out of ammunition, to charge downhill with bayonets, breaking the nearly successful attempt to turn the Union flank. Had the South won that skirmish, they turned the Union flank and had a clear road to Washington.
Can you really count the years that the country did not exist?
[... Can you really count the years that the country did not exist? ...]
I don’t know, but it makes for a great starting place for Rabbi Lapin’s message.
At risk of being repetitive, I resubmit:
Sunday, June 29, 2008 9:52:52 PM · 17 of 26
Paperdoll to Sun; All
Tonight I am watching a program on Babylon, Past, Present, and Future.
I cannot help but compare what America has become, with its decadence, and evil influences, with Babylon. So I must say, as I have done so many times before: The only way we can save our great nation under God is to repent of our wicked ways, turn from them, and to honor once again our amazing God and to His commandments, and to accept entirely the divine teachings of Christ Jesus.
Pray that God will strike truth into the hearts of our leaders to restore the country to decency by embracing again the Holy Bible upon which our country was so firmly based.
Without this occurring, America is as doomed as was Nebuchadnezzar’s Babylon.
I believe You have orders to repeat yourself until the Lord returns.
After all, it’s called “The Great Commission” - not “The Great Omission”!
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves,
and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then
will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal
their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14)
AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!
I love this image. Too bad they didn't use it instead of that silly pyramid.
I quote 2chronicles 7:14 as much as I quote John 3:16.
Some day ... Maybe today?
Thanks for posting this image. I have been too
swamped to follow up. You’re a true patriot.