Skip to comments.Georgetown University to Honor Pro-Abortion Vice President Joe Biden
Posted on 04/21/2009 12:23:26 PM PDT by SErtelt
Washington, DC -- Georgetown University could find itself as the latest Catholic college to upset pro-life Catholics as it plans to present a legal award to pro-abortion Vice President Joe Biden. It could join the University of Notre Dame, which has invited President Barack Obama to give commencement, in the doghouse.
Tomorrow, Georgetown University Law Center will host an event honoring Biden with the Legal Momentum Hero Award."
(Excerpt) Read more at LifeNews.com ...
Paging Archbishop Donald Wuerl. Please pick up the Rampaging Heresy Phone.
If you punch a pregnant woman in the stomach and kill the baby you're accused of murdering it.
If you're the Mother and you have Planned Parenthood kill the baby you're just "family planning".
If you support policies that allow Planned Parenthood to do this you're a mainstream politician.
I do not think Georgetown is worth getting concerned about.Georgetown long ago sold its soul for a little prestige.Perhaps they will some day change the name to Clinton University.
I would be impressed if Georgetown would “find itself as a Catholic college”.
The bishops who have so far expressed disapproval of Notre Dame's invitation to Obama (in alphabetical order) are:
1. Bishop John D'Arcy - Fort Wayne-South Bend, IN
2. Bishop Samuel Aquila - Fargo, ND
3. Bishop Gregory Aymond - Austin, TX
4. Bishop Gerald Barbarito - Palm Beach, FL
5. Bishop Leonard Blair - Toledo, OH
6. Archbishop Daniel Buechlein - Indianapolis, IN
7. Bishop Robert Baker - Birmingham, AL
8. Bishop Fabian Bruskewitz - Lincoln, NE
9. Archbishop Eusebius Beltran - Oklahoma City, OK
10. Auxiliary Bishop Oscar Cantú - San Antonio, TX
11. Bishop Paul Coakley - Salina, KS
12. Cardinal Daniel DiNardo - Houston, TX
13. Archbishop Timothy Dolan - New York, NY
14. Bishop Thomas Doran - Rockford, IL
15. Auxiliary Bishop John Dougherty - Scranton, PA
16. Bishop Robert Finn - Kansas City-St. Joseph, MO
17. Cardinal Francis George - Chicago, IL; President, USCCB
18. Bishop Gerald Gettelfinger - Evansville, IN
19. Archbishop José Gomez - San Antonio, TX
20. Bishop William Higi - Lafayette, IN
21. Archbishop Alfred Hughs - New Orleans, LA
22. Bishop Joseph Latino - Jackson, MS
23. Bishop Jerome Listecki - La Crosse, WI
24. Bishop William E. Lori - Bridgeport, CT
25. Bishop George Lucas - Springfield, IL
26. Bishop Robert Lynch - St. Petersburg, FL
27. Bishop Joseph Martino - Scranton, PA
28. Bishop Charles Morlino - Madison, WI
29. Bishop George Murry - Youngstown, OH
30. Archbishop John J. Myers - Newark, NJ
31. Bishop R. Walker Nickless - Sioux City, IA
32. Archbishop John C. Nienstedt - St. Paul-Minneapolis, MN
33. Archbishop Edwin O'Brien - Baltimore, MD
34. Bishop Thomas Olmsted - Phoenix, AZ
35. Archbishop Daniel E. Pilarczyk - Cincinnati, OH
36. Bishop Kevin Rhoades - Harrisburg, PA
37. Bishop Alexander Sample - Marquette, MI
38. Bishop Edward J. Slattery - Tulsa, OK
39. Bishop Richard Stika - Knoxville, TN
40. Bishop Anthony Taylor - Little Rock, AR
41. Bishop Robert Vasa - Baker, OR
42. Bishop Thomas Wenski - Orlando, FL
This is from LifeSiteNews.com web site...
BTW, I truly believe that Pope Benedict is watching this fiasco at Notre Dame and taking notes!
When Obama visited Georgetown recently, the administration had the university cover the IHS symbol on their stage with a piece of plywood painted black. It may seem a small thing to some, but it’s a denial of the supremacy of Christ! Is the administration ashamed of Christ that they would do this? Why is everyone bowing down to this MAN? Has Georgetown decided we have a new messiah? Is the big “O” going up there instead? I’m flabbergasted! Guess you’ll never see one of these “Catholic” wimps with the crown of martyrdom when they start coming for us! And they will, since they see so many who haven’t the courage to even speak up.
At least we still have Franciscan University in Stuebenville. I don’t hear them whoring themselves to pro abortion folks.
I don’t think Georgetown even has a basketball team anymore...is it any wonder they don’t have any faith?