Skip to comments.
[CATHOLIC/ANGLICAN CAUCUS] Friday quiz
Catholic Culture ^
Posted on 08/06/2010 5:32:17 PM PDT by markomalley
An Episcopalian bishop has been restored to authority in the Diocese of Pennsylvania, despite an earlier suspension for his gross mishandling of sex-abuse complaints. An ecclesiastical tribunal found that the bishop could not be deposed for his misconduct, because it occurred 35 years ago and the statute of limitations had tolled. The decision came down on Wednesday. What do you suppose happened on Thursday?
- The major television networks led their morning news coverage with the story?
- The New York Times launched a 5-part series of front-page reports on sexual abuse in the Episcopal Church?
- SNAP held a press conference demanding that the Diocese of Pennsylvania turn over files on all clerics accused of abuse?
- Time questioned whether the whole mess would forever mar the legacy of the Archbishop of Canterbury?
- Nothing. These are Episcopalians. Sexual abuse by non-Catholics is a non-story.
TOPICS: Catholic; Mainline Protestant
KEYWORDS: episcopal; freformed; moralabsolutes
To: markomalley; sionnsar
ummm.. the last option? Do i get a prize?
The media will never talk about the gay friendly ECUSA in a negative way. They will disparage Traditional Anglicans, but not a single word against the gay gang
posted on 08/07/2010 12:52:47 AM PDT
(Omnia mutantur, nihil interit. "Allah": Satan's current status)
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson