Skip to comments.INCREASED PRAYER FOR ELECTION: Novena to Christ the King
Posted on 10/25/2010 3:09:58 PM PDT by Salvation
|Recite One Our Father, One Hail Mary and One Glory Be per day followed by the Novena Prayer:
O Lord our God, You alone are the Most Holy King and Ruler of all nations.
We pray to You, Lord, in the great expectation of receiving from You, O Divine King, mercy, peace, justice and all good things.
Protect, O Lord our King, our families and the land of our birth.
Guard us we pray Most Faithful One.
Protect us from our enemies and from Your Just Judgment
Forgive us, O Sovereign King, our sins against you.
Jesus, You are a King of Mercy.
We have deserved Your Just Judgment
Have mercy on us, Lord, and forgive us.
We trust in Your Great Mercy.
O most awe-inspiring King, we bow before You and pray;
May Your Reign, Your Kingdom, be recognized on earth.
Almighty and merciful God, you break the power of evil and make all things new in your Son Jesus Christ, the King of the universe. May all in heaven and earth acclaim your glory and never cease to praise you.
Count me in!
Pray whatever parts you want to pray. But always say the Christ the King Prayer!
Thanks, I started a Rosary novena this morning but will do this also, we need God’s help more than ever.
A Rosary Novena is a good thing too. I will post it; more than just Catholics pray the Rosary now!
This is a terrific novena!
Thanks, Salvation....and I am asking God to send His angels and archangels to defeat evil corruption in these elections.....along with the Novena prayers.
1. Sign of the Cross: In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
2. The Apostles Creed: I BELIEVE in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth. I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended to the dead. On the third day He rose again. He ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty. From thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
3. The Lord's Prayer: OUR Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.
4. (3) Hail Mary: HAIL Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and in the hour of our death. Amen. (Three times)
5. Glory Be: GLORY be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever. Amen.
Fatima Prayer: Oh, my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of your mercy.
Announce each mystery, then say 1 Our Father, 10 Hail Marys, 1 Glory Be and 1 Fatima prayer. Repeat the process with each mystery.
End with the Hail Holy Queen:
Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve! To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears! Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy towards us; and after this, our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus!
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Pray for us, O holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Final step -- The Sign of the Cross
The Joyful Mysteries
(Mondays and Saturdays)
1. The Annunciation (Luke 1:26-38) [Spiritual fruit - Humility]
2. The Visitation (Luke 1: 39-56) [Spiritual fruit - Love of Neighbor]
3. The Nativity (Luke 2:1-20) [Spiritual fruit - Poverty of Spirit]
4. The Presentation (Luke 2:21-38) [Spiritual fruit - Purity of mind & body]
5. The Finding of Jesus in the Temple (Luke 2:41-52) [Spiritual fruit - Obedience ]
The Luminous Mysteries or Mysteries of Light
(Thursdays) see Rosarium Virginis Mariae
1. Jesus' Baptism in the Jordan (II Corinthians 5:21, Matthew 3:17 and parallels) [Spiritual fruit - Gratitude for the gift of Faith]
2. Jesus' self-manifestation at the wedding of Cana (John 2:1- 12) [Spiritual fruit - Fidelity]
3. Jesus' proclamation of the Kingdom of God, with His call to conversion (Mark 1:15, Mark 2:3-13; Luke 7:47- 48, John 20:22-23) [Spiritual fruit - Desire for Holiness]
4. Jesus' Transfiguration (Luke 9:35 and parallels) [Spiritual fruit - Spiritual Courage]
5. Jesus' institution of the Eucharist, as the sacramental expression of the Paschal Mystery. (Luke 24:13-35 and parallels, 1 Corinthians 11:24-25) [Spiritual fruit - Love of our Eucharistic Lord]
The Sorrowful Mysteries
(Tuesdays and Fridays)
1. The Agony in the Garden (Matthew 26:36-46, Luke 22:39-46) [Spiritual fruit - God's will be done]
2. The Scourging at the Pillar (Matthew 27:26, Mark 15:15, John 19:1) [Spiritual fruit - Mortification of the senses]
3. The Crowning with Thorns (Matthew 27:27-30, Mark 15:16-20, John 19:2) [Spiritual fruit - Reign of Christ in our heart]
4. The Carrying of the Cross (Matthew 27:31-32, Mark 15:21, Luke 23:26-32, John 19:17) [Spiritual fruit - Patient bearing of trials]
5. The Crucifixion (Matthew 27:33-56, Mark 15:22-39, Luke 23:33-49, John 19:17-37) [Spiritual fruit - Pardoning of Injuries]
The Glorious Mysteries
(Wednesdays and Sundays)
1.The Resurrection (Matthew 28:1-8, Mark 16:1-18, Luke 24:1-12, John 20:1-29) [Spiritual fruit - Faith]
2. The Ascension (Mark 16:19-20, Luke 24:50-53, Acts 1:6-11) [Spiritual fruit - Christian Hope]
3. The Descent of the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:1-13) [Spiritual fruit - Gifts of the Holy Spirit]
4. The Assumption [Spiritual fruit - To Jesus through Mary]
5. The Coronation [Spiritual fruit - Grace of Final Perseverance]
I sincerely pray that the voters understand the liberals are ruining our nation and can get wise. If the producers stop the takers have nothing. Barack Obama is an antagonist. He will kill the Dream of Reagan’s Morning in America. Obama sucks and isn’t even close to leadership. He is no Statesman and the world knows it.
**and I am asking God to send His angels and archangels to defeat evil corruption in these elections.....**
Wow! I just watched! That was a great decade! I felt like we could do anything in america. Unlike today.
I just said it. Beautiful! Thanks!
Praying together with all-—We are storming Heaven.
**We are storming Heaven.**
Yes, Lord, please guard and guide our voters.
John and Grace, If you are a student or citizen of American History, you will find freedom. The Slavery was ended HERE. FREEDOM of Enterprise was HERE. FREEDOM of association was HERE. FREEDOM of speech was HERE. Watch Satan twist and create all the problems. The left is all about CHAOS. That is Satan’s credo.
BTW, To answer......Nobody is giving up.
I wrote " felt" not disbelieve.
It would be helpful if you referenced a post.
Thank you. I join you in this novena.
Great idea - count me in!
Started the novena. Prayers for all of us who will vote next Tuesday. Also for clean elections and no voter fraud.
Wonderful idea. I’ll kill two birds with one stone and do it at the time another thread asked everyone to pray together with unity of purpose: 6pm Pacific.
Please add the prayer to Saint Jude!!!
I’ll put that on for Day Two. Thanks for the suggestion.
Since this part of the country is Catholic, there may be quite a few people attending.
But it a prayerful pro-life event...
Prayer to St. Jude
O glorious Apostle, St. Jude Thaddeus, true relative of Jesus and Mary, I salute thee through the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. Through this Heart I praise and thank God for all the graces He has bestowed upon thee. Humbly prostrate before thee, I implore thee through this Heart to look down upon me with compassion. O, despise not my poor prayer; let not my trust be confounded! To thee God has granted the privilege of aiding mankind in the most desperate cases. O, come to my aid, that I may praise the mercies of God! All my life I will be grateful to thee and will be thy faithful servant until I can thank thee in heaven. Amen.
Blessed Apostle, with confidence we invoke thee!
Blessed Apostle, with confidence we invoke thee!
St. Jude, help of the hopeless, aid us in our distress!
St. Jude, help of the hopeless, aid us in our distress!
Pray for us, that we may appease Divine Justice and obtain a favorable judgment.
Pray for us, that we may be admitted into the company of the blessed to rejoice in the presence of our God forever!
Day 2 ping
Oh Salvation.....My St. Jude prayer is “St Jude, Glorious Apostle and Faithful Friend of Jesus, the name of the Traitor has caused you to be forgotten......do you have that one?? It’s easier to say...I say it every day at the end of my Rosary.
Thanks for the flag. Praying with you.
Day 2 - prayers said. God Bless America!
Here is the meaning of the Pledge of Allegiance wording:
I pledge allegiance - I promise my loyalty
to the flag - to the symbol that stands to represent
of the United States of America - each and every of the 50 states that form the united nation of America
and to the republic - a country where people choose their representative to form the government and represent them
for which it stands, one nation - the flag that stands for one country
under God - there is one Supreme entity for every citizen
indivisible - a country that cannot be divided
with Liberty - complete freedom of life and living being given to the citizens
and Justice - fair treatment being promised by the law of the land
for all - for each and every citizen of the country.
I prayed today did you.
Keep up the Prayers!
God Bless America!
The St. Jude Prayer
St. Jude, glorious apostle, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases, and of things despaired of. Pray for me who am so distressed. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded you to bring visible and speedy help where help was almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and succor of Heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, particularly, (mention your request) and that I may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. St. Jude, apostle, martyr, and relative of our Lord Jesus Christ, of Mary, and of Joseph, intercede for us!
Praying with all of my heart for our country.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.