Skip to comments.Rachel's Tomb, a Jewish Holy Place, Was Never a Mosque
Posted on 11/09/2010 3:58:33 AM PST by JCPA-JerusalemCenter
* UNESCO has declared that Rachel's Tomb near Jerusalem is the Bilal ibn Rabah mosque - endorsing a Palestinian claim that first surfaced only in 1996 and which ignores centuries of Muslim tradition.
* As opposed to the Temple Mount and the Cave of the Patriarchs which also serve as the location of mosques, Rachel's Tomb never served as a mosque for the Muslims. The Muslim connection to the site derives from its relation to Rachel and has no connection to Bilal ibn Rabah, Mohammed's first muezzin.
* Rachel's Tomb, located some 460 meters south of Jerusalem's municipal boundary, has been identified for over 1,700 years as the grave of the Jewish matriarch Rachel. Many generations of Jews have visited the place for prayer. The depiction of Rachel's Tomb has appeared in thousands of Jewish religious books, paintings, photographs, stamps, and works of art.
* There is a Muslim cemetery on three sides of the compound mainly belonging to the Bedouin Taamra tribe, which began burying its dead at the site due to its proximity to a holy personality. Members of the Taamra tribe harassed Jews visiting the tomb and collected extortion money to enable them to visit the site. With this background, Moses Montefiore obtained a permit from the Turks to build another room adjacent to Rachel's Tomb in 1841 to keep the Muslims away from the room of the grave and to help protect the Jews at the site.
* Jewish caretakers managed the site from 1841 until it fell into Jordanian hands in 1948. In contravention of the armistice agreement, Jordan prevented Jews from accessing the site during all the years of its rule (1948-1967). On October 19, 2010, the anniversary of her death, some 100,000 Jews visited Rachel's Tomb.
(Excerpt) Read more at jcpa.org ...
Israel needs to retake Rachel’s tomb, expel any muslim incursions, and quite literally, take out the trash that has disgusted this holy place.
Take over the place, at whatever cost, blow up those so called muslin owners and reinstate Rachel Tomb.
This is a Holly Place, by this not subject to negotiation!
...UN/OIC at work....Obama’s best friends.
· join list or digest · view topics · view or post blog · bookmark · post a topic · subscribe ·
Bronze Age Forum
Excerpt, or Link only?
· Science topic · science keyword · Books/Literature topic · pages keyword ·
UNESCO has declared ..
Well then, guess that settles it.
The U.N. and all its sub orgs 'declaring' anything is equal to:
I read it on the Internet so it must be true.They need to move the U/N. to Geneva so all the Millionaire Arab members can go snow skiing all year round. Maybe even take up Snowboarding and enter the Olympics. /s
The U.S. out of the U.N. and the U.N. out of the U.S.!
It was God who told the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob that this land belongs to them forever, but that they must expel all those who would seek to take it from them.
The modern Jewish "leadership," that is, the people who act foolishly thinking that peaceful coexistence with the a-rabs is even possible, are like the Sadducees of old. Those people shelved their own faith in God and instead chose to cozy up to the Roman authorities, and they all paid the price when the Temple was sacked.
I hope and pray that the Jews who are faithful to God are able to replace this "leadership" that never misses an opportunity to sell out the Israelis to the savages with people who instead recognize that Israel is the land of the Jews first and foremost, and that no concessions should ever be made to savages who continue to kill Jews at every opportunity.
Can anyone point to anything — anything — positive the “Palestinians” have ever done?
But for the appellations of the ancient Romans there is no so-called palestine, nor are there any palestinians but for various conglomerations of predominantly islamist arabs who should rather be killed en masse, but which Israel, for whatever God forsaken reason, has convinced itself it must put up with.
I hope they don’t let them get away with this.
The Muslims would like to build a mosque wherever there is a Christian or Jewish monument or place of worship. It is their way of claiming victory over non-believers. On our side we need to resist and start being belligerent. Let’s build churches on top of where they have mosques.
Oh, and synagogues and bahai temples, and budhist temples etc..