Skip to comments.2011 Best Christian Workplaces Revealed
Posted on 01/06/2011 10:42:48 AM PST by wmfights
The American Bible Society, Wheaton Academy and Joni & Friends have been listed as some of the best Christian workplaces in the U.S., Canada and Australia.
Each organization qualified for the 2011 list, compiled by Best Christian Workplaces Institute, after receiving high scores in an anonymous BCW employee engagement survey. The survey has reached over 100,000 employees to date since its debut nine years ago in the U.S. and Canada. Australia was surveyed for the first time for the latest list.
In a statement Wednesday, the president of BCWI, AL Lopus, commented, We salute this year's Best Christian Workplaces for their intentional efforts to nurture an organizational culture that reflects God's divine nature; even in a difficult economy. One benefit of a healthy organizational culture is that it translates to meaningful ministry growth, based on our research.
We would strongly encourage anyone who isn't working in a Christian organization to consider one of these, especially if they have a desire to be a part of a mission greater than themselves."
Any Christian company or organization that wants to be certified or recognized as the best Christian workplace must first complete a BCWI employee engagement survey and meet predetermined standards of excellence.
Each employee must rate a statement on a scale from 1 (strongly disagree) to 5 (strongly agree) of more than 50 questions that address an array of topics. Some of the topics include: job satisfaction, organizational commitment, Christian witness, supervisory effectiveness, work satisfaction, personal growth and development, management effectiveness, customer/supporter satisfaction, teamwork, communications and pay and benefits.
According to BCMI, one of the most notable conclusions during the survey was that employee satisfaction didnt correlate with the employers budget. According to statements made, the employees cared more about their employers having a clear mindset and attitude towards them.
Employees positive responses were also influenced by the freedom of talking about their faith while at work.
The Washington-based company is sponsored by different associations depending on the country. In Canada, it is sponsored by the Canadian Council of Christian Charities and in Australia the survey is sponsored by the nonprofit, nondenominational member based organization, Christian Management Australia.
The 2011 Certified Best Christian Workplaces in the U.S. include:
American Bible Society Apartment Life Appalachian Bible College Briarcrest Christian School Coalition for Christian Outreach Christian Heritage Academy CRISTA Ministries English Language Institute/China InterVarsity Press Joni & Friends Knox Area Rescue Ministries KSBJ Lake Ann Camp Lancaster Bible College Lincoln Christian University MOPS International Mt. Sylvan United Methodist Church Olivet Nazarene University Phoenix Seminary Samaritan Ministries International Southland Christian Church Upward Sports (formerly Upward Unlimited) Wheaton Academy World Harvest Mission
The 2011 Recognized Best Christian Workplaces in Canada include: Beulah Alliance Church Focus on the Family (Canada)
The 2011 Certified Best Christian Workplaces in Australia include: MMM Australia
I have several friends who work at COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL.
They ENJOY working there. A kind, caring, organization that allows you to develop your talents to the fullest.
i worked at Billy Graham. try making a living.
I once worked for a company with about 175 people that claimed to follow Christian principles in their workplace environment:
1) If you DID NOT attend the same Baptist Church as the owners, you were Persona non grata. I did not attend the same church as I’m Roman Catholic. Raises and promotions were based on Church attendance.
2) My married boss presented himself as a very religious man with a Bible on his desk and was a regular at the owners Church. Later, he was fired for having an affair with one of the sale ladies in the front office. The affair had been going on for several years.
3) The owners were very pro-life yet when one of their 19 year old daughters got knocked up by a black guy, she quickly disappeared. Later, she told me her parents(the owners) MADE her ‘get rid of the shame’—abortion.
4) Bible study during lunch was encourage and if you did not attend, you were once again..Persona non grata.
5) Alcohol intake was frown upon outside of work, yet several persons related to the owners were certified alcoholics. How did I know?? They were regulars at the bar I worked part time at.
6) EVERYONE knew that the nephew who led Bible study at lunch was a flaming queer, seen often at the gayest clubs in the city yet it was unofficial policy NOT to hire gays.
It was the most hypocritical company I ever worked,even if it was for one year.
Ironically, the company I worked at following this hell hole were run by the greatest Colombian Baptists I ever met.
They actually practiced and applied what my former company advertised.I spent six years working for them.
Great, but except for “Apartment Life”, they are all Christian-oriented in nature. They had BETTER be good environments for Christians to work!
Ping to read later
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.