To: American Constitutionalist
Yes, the Jews have no idea about their own history and religion, it was all a forshadowing for Christianity.
posted on 01/22/2011 4:20:42 PM PST
" Yes, the Jews have no idea about their own history and religion, it was all a forshadowing for Christianity. "
Why then ? if you already knew that , why your response to Psalm 2 ? ( " You are aware that Christianity didn't even exist at the time the Psalm was written, right? Heathen meant anyone not of the faith of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, which we know today as Judaism. " ) ....
Come on man, GOD loves you !
The OLD Testament was not only GOD's dealings with the Nation of Israel, but, the whole world.
Did not GOD say to Abraham that " through you, that all the Nations of the world will be blessed " ?
Look at the story of the life of Joseph.
That story of Joseph shows us the heart of GOD.
GOD's heart towards the Nation of Israel, and us sinners, the whole world.
They captured Joseph and put him in the pit to be sold ( Judas basically sold Jesus to the Pharisees for 30 pieces of silver ).
Joseph was innocent of wrong doing when he was falsely accused of wrong doing ( Jesus was falsely accused ) .
Just like Joseph, was not Jesus lead to judgment and prison ?
Joseph was put in power 2nd in command in Egypt, Jesus is the 2nd person of the GOD head.
The first time Joseph was on the throne, and his brothers saw him, they only saw him as 2nd in command of Egypt, they feared him ( God of the Old Testament )
Joseph yearned , his heart cried out with a bursting heart that his brothers would know him.
God's heart cries out, he yearned that not only Israel, but, the whole world will know his plan of redemption, his love, his mercy, his grace, God's heart cries out, he yearns that we should know HIM !
Jesus cried out to Israel that they would know him the first time he came.
( Christians are the benefactors of knowing this " TRUTH " , the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ at this present time )....
The 2nd time his brothers saw him, he revealed who he was, and all of them were reconciled with their brother Joseph.
The 2nd time Jesus comes back , their eyes will be opened and they will see whom they have pierced.
Yes, God is a HOLY and Righteous GOD, but, there is more to him.
In the Old Testament, God's heart was bursting to show us his love and mercy,
God was yearning to reveal the fullness of all that he is.
In the fullness of time Jesus Christ came on the world scene.
Jesus Christ Yeshua the Messiah is GOD's full expression of his love, mercy, grace and truth ( for Grace and Truth came by Jesus Christ )
If ? it was possible for man to keep all of GOD's law perfectly ?
why then ?
Did God require Israel to come every year with a sin sacrifice ?
GOD was showing man that it was impossible that man can live up to GOD's strict laws, demands, and standards and that in the fullness of time: ( just like GOD said to Abraham when he took his son Issac up on the mountain )
that HE !
that GOD would provide the sacrifice, Jesus Christ Yeshua the Messiah.
Jesus said, with man ? it is IMPOSSIBLE, but, with GOD ? nothing is impossible.
The Old Testament is a historical record of GOD's dealings with Israel, and the rest of the world.
The Old Testament is a beautiful reminder of all the things that is to come, the Old Testament points us to Jesus Christ Yeshua the Messiah.
The Old Testament is a testament ( hence, the word, Testament ) of how GOD created man to be loved, and cared for, but, man messed up, but GOD didn't give up on man.
The Old Testament points up to a NEW and BETTER new everlasting Covenant that GOD initiated that will be put into force and estabished, and ratified in Jesus Christ.
The NEW Covenant is the everlasting covenant of GOD of the covenant of Grace.
For anyone to reject the Gospel of Grace in Christ Jesus, it is " SIN " in God's eyes.
It's called the knowledge of the truth ( The true Gospel, the Gospel of the Grace of God in Jesus Christ: note, Read Galatians chapters 1-2-3 for the Gospel of Grace is the true Gospel, not some " Other " Gospel ).
The Knowledge of the Truth : in the book of Hebrews chapter 10 verse 26 ( 26. If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left ) ...
If we continue to reject, to sin, the truth of Jesus Christ, that salvation is only in HIM alone, then ? there is no more excuse, no more ( as Jesus said, cloak for sin ) covering, no more sacrifice for sins in left ).....
John chapter 15 verses 21-22 confirms it:
( 21. But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
22. If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin. )...
John 15 verses 18-27
18. If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
20. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
21. But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
22. If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.
23. He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
24. If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
25. But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
26. But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
27. And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning. King James Version (KJV)
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson