Skip to comments.The Christ of Mormonism (Real Mormonism)
Posted on 03/25/2011 9:19:12 AM PDT by Colofornian
Written by a local ex-Mormon Christian friend of mine:
This is the Christ of Mormonism:
1. He lives as a humanoid god on a star near Kolob along with his father god, bound by the physical world; he does not transcend the material.
2. He is the brother of satan.
3. He had to earn his own salvation while he was on earth.
4. He offers his grace only to those who work hard enough.
5. He is not from everlasting to everlasting, but was created a finite time ago by his father god, who in turn was also created by his own father god, who in turn was created by his own father god, so on and so forth
6. He is not the greatest being possible.
7. He is finite.
8. His blood is not powerful enough to wipe away any sin.
9. He aided his father in creating earth by organizing already existing matter; he is not capable of creating things out of nothing.
10. He must submit to a moral law that existed before he did.
11. You can one day become just like him.
This is the Christ of the Bible:
1. He is a spirit being that transcends space and time.
2. He is the brother of no creature; He is God, from everlasting to everlasting. No one can claim kinship with Him except those He purchased for Himself on the cross. And He is not the same type of creature they are. He is not a creature, He is God.
3. Jesus is the Author of Salvation; to say that He needed to earn His salvation is absurdity.
4. He offers His sovereign grace to whomever He sovereignly chooses; we are all tainted by sin and vile in His holy eyes. Therefore, no one is more worthy than any other human being. Thus, His grace that He offers is given unconditionally. His grace is true grace, a beautiful gift.
5. He is from everlasting to everlasting. He was never created, and Has been in relationship with the Father and the Holy Spirit forever.
6. He is the greatest being possible, the Most High God. There is no one like Him and there is no one who will ever be anything like Him.
7. He is infinite, both in essence and in His divine perfections.
8. His blood is powerful enough to wipe away any sin, regardless of heinousness and duration. The only sin that cannot be forgive is blasphemy against the Holy Ghost; and this is not because the blood of Christ is not powerful enough to wash it away, but because God has so sovereignly decreed that all persons who blaspheme the Holy Ghost should not receive forgiveness.
9. He created everything that exists out of nothing by the mere word of His mouth.
10. There is no external law that He submits to; He is the Author and the Source of the Law.
11. No one can ever come near to obtaining the glory and excellency of Christ.
On #4, those who don't work hard enough don't get to live with God the Father forever...that relationship for Mormons is 100% all about works!
You can see this is no "ultimate" being if he wasn't god from eternity...if the moral law existed before Him...if He can't create anything out of nothing...and is the son of a being who isn't an ultimate divinity, either.
Lurker beware. Although the links says “Real Mormonism” it is being posted by a well known anti-Mormon propagandist.
Read it but then research it from both sides. All is not always as it seems.
Heres a few links to get your started from a different viewpoint. I have found that the vast majority of the issues brought up in anti-Mormon propaganda can be found and addressed at http://www.fairlds.org/ but heres more:
I vowed long ago never to involve myself with the truly nasty anti-Mormon bigotry posted routinely on these threads but the distortions and lies posted here compel me to make this post.
I will attempt no rebuttal nor will I answer any posting that wants to contend about these matters. Contention is from Satan - not God.
Anyone wishing to learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints should read the materials first hand, get to know some typical Mormons, peruse the many web sites both for and against and then after prayer, meditation and long pondering make up their own mind either for or against. If for then by all means look into it deeper. If against then drop it.
Translation: I, Scory, go around making false accusations -- accusing people of lying -- but I offer no details. I as a Mormon simply engage in vague accusations minus any proof. Hey, why should I?...We Mormons never offered any to begin with...just rely upon subjective burning bosom feelings...So why should we start now?
Here is the bottom line you can believe the Eternal Word of God Almighty or you can believe the words of Joseph Smith a liar, thief, adulterer, pedophile, flim flam man, con artist, a man who claimed he will decide who gets into heaven, a man who claimed he would be the next mohammad, a man who claimed that god was created, a man who clained that jesus was the spirit brother of satan, a man who believe you to could be god...........
satan lied to Eve - you to can be god
satan lied to Joseph Smith - you to can be god
Joseph Smith lied to everyone - you to can be god
Point them out and rebut them or go home.
The juvenile tactic being attempted here is typical of someone who is all hat and no cattle.
“Contention is from Satan - not God.”
Famous Satanic contentious people in scripture.
Moses, throwing down the tablets and going after the rebellious Israelites at Sinai.
David, taking on Goliath.
Elijah, going after the priests at Carmel.
Malachi, rebuking lazy Israel.
Isaiah, rebuking the Jews in Is. 1.
Jesus, throwing out the money changers.
Jesus, rebuking the Pharisees 7 times in Mt. 23.
Stephen, going after the Jews in Acts 7.
Paul, rebuking Peter for being 2 faced in Galatians.
Peter, rebuking Simon in Acts 8 for wanting to buy the Spirit.
We could go on, but you get the idea. If someone is teaching falsehood, contention is the very medicine he needs.
So thanks for the further substantiation PD!
This is not bigotry.
There is nothing in the description of the Mormon jesus here that is untrue.
These points are the real actual beliefs of mormons everywhere. These are CORE tenants of Mormonism.
How can you say that is bigotry if it is what they actually belive? Do you say that because you don’t want anyone to know these beliefs before they have been prepared? Or as the Mormon church teaches their missionaries: “don’t give meat before milk”
So thanks for the further substantiation PD!
I've done that.
get to know some typical Mormons,
My neighbors are Mormon
peruse the many web sites both for and against
I've read through most of the official Mormon web sites--See PD's post above.
and then after prayer, meditation and long pondering make up their own mind either for or against.
I've still got some questions no Mormon has been willing to answer. Would you answer them?
To the local lurker...do keep in mind this particular post to the article represents those within the Mormon Community who work very hard to squelch the truth about the Mormon Organization....thus diverting people from the truth that is in Christ to a counterfeit Christianity which uses His name to justify their far out belief systems...which directly oppose the Christian faith.
You make a public charge of distortion and bigotry.
Is it Mormon SOP to bear false witness and run?
Seems to be.
And I understand why.
Emotional appeal is all there is.
That is not from God.
He created minds for a reason.
Let’em be today. Jimmer lost.
As we see from your post they recruit by association with ‘their people’ and ‘literature distribution’....then will place a Book of Mormon in your hands to deter you from the scriptures. This is very typical to a cult religion and how they pracctice.
You would do well to re-read the article posted in how they view God....if you cannot see the truth there...you may very well be already blinded.
Can you please specify what the distortions and lies in the post are? SPECIFICALLY, not send me to 15 web sites to read up on LDS? Thank you.
"The Emperor Constantine, who lifted Christianity into power, murdered his wife Fausta, and his eldest son Crispus, the same year that he convened the Council of Nice to decide whether Jesus Christ was a man or the Son of God. The council decided that Christ was consubstantial with the father. This was in the year 325. We are thus indebted to a wife-murderer for settling the vexed question of the divinity of the Savior.
Theodosius called a council at Constantinople in 381, and this council decided that the Holy Ghost proceeded from the Father. Theodosius, the younger, assembled another council at Ephesus to ascertain who the Virgin Mary really was, and it was solemnly decided in the year 431 that she was the Mother of God.
In 451 it was decided by a council held at Chalcedon, called together by the Emperor Marcian, that Christ had two natures -- the human and divine. In 680, in another general council, held at Constantinople, convened by order of Pognatius, it was also decided that Christ had two wills, and in the year 1274 it was decided at the Council of Lyons, that the Holy Ghost proceeded not only from the Father, but from the Son as well.
Had it not been for these councils, we might have been without a Trinity even unto this day. When we take into consideration the fact that a belief in the Trinity is absolutely essential to salvation, how unfortunate it was for the world that this doctrine was not established until the year 1274. Think of the millions that dropped into hell while these questions were being discussed."
- Robert G. Ingersoll
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.