Skip to comments.
Ex-Humboldt pastor pleads guilty to sex abuse
Mercury News ^
| 23 Jun 2011
Posted on 06/24/2011 12:48:09 AM PDT by Cronos
A former Humboldt County pastor has pleaded guilty to charges that he sexual abused two girls, including one who was placed in his care.
The Times-Standard of Eureka reports that 50-year-old Dino Cardelli entered his plea Monday to sex abuse and molestation charges as well as 25 counts of violating a court order to not contact the victims.
(Excerpt) Read more at mercurynews.com ...
TOPICS: Current Events; Evangelical Christian; Mainline Protestant
KEYWORDS: notcatholic; orthodoxpresbyterian; pedophile; sexabuse
This is what an ex-Ruling Elder of the OPC
says about the O Presbyterian group:
From the Trinity Foundation
- the Report continues the conspiracy of silence that has prevailed in the OPC for three decades. It leaves the erroneous impression that the serious doctrinal problems are outside the denomination, not within it. The Report gives false comfort to those who think the OPC is still a bastion of Biblical orthodoxy. On the contrary, the Report, and the 2006 General Assemblys commendation of it, both maintain the OPC as a safe haven for those who teach error
- Men within the OPC, including at least one member of the Committee itself, teach heresy regarding the Gospel and many other fundamentals of the faith.
- The OPC long ago ceased to proclaim the one true Gospel to the exclusion of all false gospels
- The Orthodox Presbyterian Church has abandoned the marks of a true church of Jesus Christ
- The Orthodox Presbyterian Church was founded in 1936 by about 135 people who were offended by the lack of discipline in and doctrinal errors of the Presbyterian Church in the USA. .
But early in its history the OPC fell under the influence of an agnostic view of propositional revelation emanating from Westminster Seminary -- a view that said that there is no identity of content between the \"Christian system\" of theology, meaning Reformed confessions of faith, and the \"divine system\" of theology, known only to God.
This agnosticism has now brought the OPC to the point of falling. Like its predecessor, the PCUSA, the OPC has failed to discipline teachers who teach contrary to Scriptures and the Confession of Faith, and it has endorsed un-Biblical teaching about Scripture and the Gospel.
posted on 06/24/2011 12:48:11 AM PDT
When a church is founded by men in sin and hate, what do you expect?
posted on 06/24/2011 5:16:01 AM PDT
(I would not believe in the Gospel if the authority of the Catholic Church did not move me to do so..)
To: MarkBsnr; Dr. Eckleburg
The OPC group was founded by it's grand prophet Machen less than 80 years ago. It's already had 2 splits and it's ex-ruling elder openly talks about how the OPC is not a Church.
Since this is a small group of 10,000 adults and pederasts with an 80 year history, the words of this one ex-ruler holds a lot of weight
The problem is that the OPC self-declares their salvation, not dependent on God, but on their "high-born caste" status
the OPC preaches that its members do not get Judged as they are upper caste - and they are the only ones who are resurrected which is a substitute for Judgement.
In addition, this group teaches covenant succession, namely that its members' children are saved regardless of whether or not they are even Christian.
posted on 06/24/2011 5:28:58 AM PDT
( W Szczebrzeszynie chrzaszcz brzmi w trzcinie I Szczebrzeszyn z tego slynie.)
To: Cronos; Bill W was a conservative; verga; thesaleboat; Sick of Lefties; Chainmail; ...
Freep-mail me to get on or off my pro-life and Catholic List:
Add me / Remove me
Please ping me to note-worthy Pro-Life or Catholic threads, or other threads of general interest.
posted on 01/17/2012 11:36:02 PM PST
posted on 01/17/2012 11:38:50 PM PST
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson