Skip to comments.Speaking of ghosts… [The OTHER World Series...Mormon ghost stories]
Posted on 10/28/2011 12:07:11 AM PDT by Colofornian
Lets hear your ghost stories...
13...One night in the MTC I got up to use the bathroom...right before I got into bed, I felt a very strange feeling...the distinct perception of some kind of evil presence...
Past midnight, we all awoke to loud banging on the door. The fire department was herding everyone out of our building. The power had gone out, so the gas-powered generators had kicked in. The room housing the generators was normally well-ventilated, but...the vents were shut, so exhaust fumes were filling our dorm.
As the missionaries...sat around the cafeteria at 1am...one...asked, Did anyone else feel an evil presence when we went to bed?
29...one night at the MTC, I had gone to bed as usual. After a while, I woke up when it felt like someone had grabbed my shoulders and was shaking them. On the wall by my bed, I saw a black hole type thing, about eight inches across, that slowly closed.
Okay, I thought, That was a weird dream it took me a while, but I managed to fall back to sleep.
Then, it happened again. Exactly the same way, with the shaking and the waking up and the hole
I was terrified, and spent probably a good hour praying after that. Eventually, I felt like I was protected enough to fall back to sleep. When I told my companion and roommates about it...my companion reported that she knew I was shaking, it had rattled the bunk beds enough to wake her up too.
40...A few years ago, I participated in a paranormal study in a hospital in Salt Lake City. Im incredibly skeptical by nature which made what we saw all the more bizarre and weird.
...We DID find a ghost, and have pictures of it. http://wbcruise.blogspot.com/2010/09/earning-your-scooby-snack.html...
(Excerpt) Read more at bycommonconsent.com ...
It's Midnight in Utah. (Let's hear your ghost stories, especially in you're in the interMountain West)
For other threads about Occult Mormonism...see..
* Priesthood of Joseph Smith [In this one, you can see Mormon leader quotations showing how they concede the devil was confusing them with "revelations." How they encourage visitations from the dead & spirit entities -- while ncouraging "personal revelations" from them...See how Mormons define some deceased men as "angels" -- despite the Bible communicating just the opposite. And see what Lds "apostle" Parley Pratt said about communicating with the dead -- and how Joseph Smith was a "medium" in interacting with the dead.]
Other Mormon interaction threads with ghosts and spirit manifestations:
* Mormon Doctrine on Shaking Hands With Spirits [The Other World Series]
* Lds Temple Haunted? Did Declaration of Independence signers appear as ghosts to leader? [Vanity]
* They see dead people?
* Are ghosts among us? Many believe in spirits, but churches offer stern warnings
Occult Worldview of Mormonism:
* Mormonism, the Halloween Religion
* GOD-MEN AND SPIRITUAL VEGETABLES: The Occult Worldview of Mormonism (Top FREEPER-commented upon occult thread from October, 2010)
JOSEPH SMITHS INVOLVEMENT WITH MAGIC, MASONRY, AND THE OCCULT
* Early Mormonism and the Magic World View
* The Occult and the Restoration Story: Joseph Smith and RLDS/LDS Origins
How about just EYES that are dead?
In the article at the link, the writer claims to believe some thing because he sees a dented brass hand rail on a spiral stair supposedly marked by a person’s skull as the head impacted the handrail in a suicide jump. If the brass hand rail was malable enough to be dented by a head passing by then it wouldn’t be much of a safety rail.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.