Skip to comments.Princess Diana baptised as a Mormon
Posted on 02/29/2012 6:04:50 PM PST by Colofornian
click here to read article
Still you have never posted/referenced any anti-mormon post, why?
All you seem to do is defend mormonism, why?
Since he considers JUDISM to be the TRUE religion (and evidently the subset of it, Noahide, to be the BEST) he considers Christians as fools for ADDING to scripture (the OT) and then them complaining that MORMONs did the same.
Doesn't really have any MONEY bet on the underdog, just wants to tease the UBERdog.
peepstone profit placemarker
That's what we ANTIs have been saying all along!
(And what MORMONs have been DENYING all along!)
These wackos did this to my sister, who BTW was baptized a catholic. This is vulturey at its core. Not to mention, its unwanted, and ghoulish. It’s this sort of nonsense that solidifies my belief that mormons are nuts.
These wackos did this to my sister, who BTW was baptized a catholic. This is vulturey at its core. Not to mention, its unwanted, and ghoulish. It’s this sort of nonsense that solidifies my belief that mormons are nuts. Searching the obituaries for deceased to posthumously “baptize” people, is offensive to the core.
yeah. I have had Mormons and Wiccans and African witch doctors and the keeper of the sacred pipe among my patients, not to mention gays, lesbians, child molesters, and drug addicts.
I don’t “have a problem” with them...they are all folks for whom Jesus died.
Or are you asking if I don’t agree with the theology of the LDS church? Yes, I do, but that doesn’t mean I won’t defend them against unfair attacks, when all they are doing is trying to save a person’s soul (according to their beliefs).
Theologically I think baptizing the dead won’t work, but on a human level, it is a way of showing love and concern for others who have died, on the same level as holding a feast/memorial for the dead in Africa to put the spirit to rest, or Catholic having a mass said for someone who died.
and I can’t see Jesus getting his knickers in a knot about it. Paul would, but Jesus wasn’t that dogmatic.
Ok, how about naming one incorrect post on mormonism on FR.
"Are you still so dull?" Jesus asked them.
Matthew 231. Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples:
2. "The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat.
3. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.
4. They tie up heavy loads and put them on men's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.
5. "Everything they do is done for men to see: They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long;
6. they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues;
7. they love to be greeted in the marketplaces and to have men call them `Rabbi.'
8. "But you are not to be called `Rabbi,' for you have only one Master and you are all brothers.
9. And do not call anyone on earth `father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.
10. Nor are you to be called `teacher,' for you have one Teacher, the Christ.
11. The greatest among you will be your servant.
12. For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
13. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.
14. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
15. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.
16. "Woe to you, blind guides! You say, `If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath.'
17. You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred?
18. You also say, `If anyone swears by the altar, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gift on it, he is bound by his oath.'
19. You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar that makes the gift sacred?
20. Therefore, he who swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it.
21. And he who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it.
22. And he who swears by heaven swears by God's throne and by the one who sits on it.
23. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.
24. You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.
25. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.
26. Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.
27. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean.
28. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.
29. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous.
30. And you say, `If we had lived in the days of our forefathers, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.'
31. So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets.
32. Fill up, then, the measure of the sin of your forefathers!
33. "You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?
34. Therefore I am sending you prophets and wise men and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town.
35. And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.
36. I tell you the truth, all this will come upon this generation.
37. "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing.
38. Look, your house is left to you desolate.
39. For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, `Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.' "
26. The woman was a Greek, born in Syrian Phoenicia. She begged Jesus to drive the demon out of her daughter.
27. "First let the children eat all they want," he told her, "for it is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs."
And St. Paul chimes in...
As for those agitators, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate themselves!
Can I get a list of what are considered to be FAIR attacks, so I won't unintentionally 'offend' a MORMON?
19 There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day.
20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich mans table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abrahams side. The rich man also died and was buried.
23 In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.
25 But Abraham replied, Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.
27 He answered, Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my fathers house, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.
29 Abraham replied, They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them. 30 No, father Abraham, he said, but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent. 31 He said to him, If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.
Notice that Abraham was NOT recorded as saying: "Just wait a while longer and a MORMON will intercede for you."
Jeanine Ehat serves as the department secretary for Ancient Scripture. She is the executive assistant to the chair and assists department faculty with travel, budgeting, and scheduling issues. She also manages student hiring and maintains KRONOS, serves as the key rep for scheduling and classroom changes, and handles textbook requests. She serves as the office manager and supervises department receptionists. Jeanine earned a bachelor's degree in English from BYU. She is married to Stephen Ehat, and they have five sons and eight grandchildren. (one of them is named PATRICK)
Yeah, Blue Moose.
Tracking down the REST of the story DOES take a little bit more time...
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.