Skip to comments.Netanyahu Responds: An E mail from my friend
Posted on 03/08/2012 4:21:16 AM PST by SMARTY
Even those who aren't particularly sympathetic to Israel's Benjamin Netanyahu could get a good measure of satisfaction from this interview with
British Television during the retaliation against Hamas' shelling of Israel.
The interviewer asked him: "How come so many more Palestinians have been killed in this conflict than Israelis?"
Netanyahu: "Are you sure that you want to start asking in that direction?"
Interviewer: Why not?
"Because in World War II more Germans were killed than British and Americans combined, but there is no doubt in anyone's mind that the war was caused by Germany 's aggression.
And in response to the German blitz on London, the British wiped out the entire city of Dresden, burning to death more German civilians than the number of people killed in Hiroshima ....
Moreover, I could remind you that in 1944, when the R.A.F. tried to bomb the Gestapo Headquarters in Copenhagen, some of the bombs missed their target and fell on a Danish children's hospital, killing 83 little children.
Perhaps you have another question?"
Benjamin Netanyahu gave another interview and was asked about Israel 's occupation of Arab lands. His response was, "It's our land".
The reporter was stunned - read below "It's our land...
It's important information since we don't get fair and accurate reporting
from the media and facts tend to get lost in the jumble of daily events."
"Crash Course on the Arab-Israeli Conflict."
(Just minutes to read!) Here are overlooked facts in the current & past Middle East situation.
A Christian university professor compiled these:
1. Nationhood and Jerusalem: Israel became a nation in 1312 BC, two Thousand (2000) years before the rise of Islam.
2. Arab refugees in Israel began identifying themselves as part of a Palestinian people in 1967, two decades after the establishment of the modern State of Israel.
3. Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 BC, the Jews have had dominion over the land for one thousand (1000) years with a continuous presence in the land for the past 3,300 years.
4. The only Arab dominion since the conquest in 635 lasted no more than 22 years.
5. For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital.
Jerusalem has never been the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity. Even when The Jordanians occupied Jerusalem, they never sought to make it their capital, and Arab leaders Did not come to visit.
6. Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in Tanach, the Jewish Holy Scriptures.
Jerusalem is not mentioned even once in the Koran.
7. King David founded the city of Jerusalem. Mohammed never came to Jerusalem.
8. Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims pray with their backs toward Jerusalem.
9. Arab and Jewish Refugees: in 1948 the Arab refugees were encouraged to leave Israel by Arab leaders promising to purge the land of Jews.
Sixty-eight percent left (many in fear of retaliation by their own brethren, the Arabs), without ever seeing an Israeli soldier. The ones who stayed were afforded the same peace, civility, and citizenship rights as everyone else.
10. The Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab lands due to Arab brutality, persecution and pogroms.
11. The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is estimated to be around 630,000. The number of Jewish refugees from Arab lands is estimated to be the same.
12. Arab refugees were INTENTIONALLY not absorbed or integrated into the Arab lands to which they fled, despite the vast Arab territory. Out of the 100,000,000 refugees since World War II, theirs is the only refugee group in the world that has never been absorbed or integrated into their own people's lands.
Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into Israel, a country no larger than the State of New Jersey...
13. The Arab-Israeli Conflict: the Arabs are represented by eight separate nations, not including the Palestinians. There is only one Jewish nation.
The Arab nations initiated all five wars and lost. Israel defended itself each time and won.
14. The PLO's Charter still calls for the destruction of the State of Israel. Israel has given the Palestinians most of the West Bank land, autonomy under the Palestinian Authority, and has supplied them.
15. Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated and the Jews were denied access to places of worship. Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and
Christian sites have been preserved and made accessible to people of all faiths.
16. The UN Record on Israel and the Arabs: of the 175 Security Council resolutions passed before 1990, 97 were directed against Israel.
17. Of the 690 General Assembly resolutions voted on before 1990, 429 were directed against Israel.
18. The UN was silent while the Jordanians destroyed 58 Jerusalem synagogues.
19. The UN was silent while the Jordanians systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives.
20. The UN was silent while the Jordanians enforced an apartheid-like a policy of preventing Jews from visiting the Temple Mount and the Western Wall.. These are incredible times. We have to ask what our role should be.
What will we tell our grandchildren about what we did when there was a turning point in Jewish destiny, an opportunity to make a difference
I feel like #12 is the most telling point.
This is an object lesson to us all.
Know your history. For just such an occasion.
It’s not easy to ‘Know your history’ when the public schools do not/will not present information objectively.
What is worse...dialogue is NOT encouraged and the natural instinct to question and challenge is being bred out of young people.
School now is really just ‘indoctrination’. It’s over for us.
Great info and that Netanyahu is a real man!
Thank you for posting this. People need to be reminded of these facts, which are never brought into the discussion by the MSM and are not used against the anti-Israel agitators on campus.
That's not so. Judges 1:21 states that Jerusalem was the city of the Jebusites many years before the birth of David.
One of the first things I thought of when reading this was the idiots that drive around with the coexist bumper stickers. To me that is a flag saying, “look at me! I am dumber than a box of rocks!” There is actually a woman in my town that has a personlized license plate that says coexist.
I seriously doubt they allow “Coexist” bumper stickers in Saudi Arabia or Iran.
When they start with the Kumbaya ‘coexist’ BS, ask them:
“Do you lock your doors at home when you leave the house?”
The answer is ALWAYS, ‘Yes’
Case closed... next case!!
Small quibble. Davis did not found the city of Jerusalem. The priest-king of that city met with Abraham.long before. David made the city the capital of the united tribes of Israel and as a symbol of that unity brought the Ark of God to the city.