Skip to comments.Op-Ed: Mitt Romney's proposed career path — President, then God [White House-->Great White Throne]
Posted on 06/19/2012 10:07:14 AM PDT by Colofornian
Washington- Mitt Romney's Earthly goals seem to mesh nicely with his goals as a high priest in the Mormon church. But why don't we pretend to let the presumptive GOP candidate tell us himself, which he would if he were interested in discussing his religion.
Hello. Im Mitt Romney. I am a Temple Mormon, a High Priest, and as such I have sworn blood oaths of sacrifice, obedience and consecration to the church and the Kingdom of God. My perfect obedience to these laws will allow me to become a god in the next life, the literal father of the peoples of a new and different earth. I am truly a Presidential candidate with an actual, definable god complex. What I say about politics are things I have actually said. What I say about Mormonism is compiled from official Mormon texts and websites.
Since prophets have said I am destined to be your president, it is important to know what I believe.
1. We can fix the economy if we have fewer cops, firefighters and teachers.
2. I made Massachusetts drop from 36th to 47th out of the 50 state in jobs when I was governor. I want to do the same for America.
3. Mormon leaders call our empire the Kingdom of God. However, our God is an extraterrestrial from Kolob; and the Zion to which our spirit-brother-of-Lucifer Jesus Christ will return to reign is Independence, Missouri. Buy land there NOW!
4. When Im elected, and you try to get insurance with a preexisting condition, youre screwed.
5. Its a sin to drink coffee.
6. I love when trees are the "right height."
7. I dont know what a donut is.
8. We can balance the budget by increasing spending on defense and cutting taxes the wealthy by raising taxes and cutting benefits for the poor and middle class.
9. God has a flesh and blood body. And hes just one of several Gods.
10. I dont remember what I said, but I stand by it.
11. The Garden of Eden was in Jackson County, Missouri. Its STILL a nice place.
12. I will make more jobs. Its not just because I love job creators, its because I love jobs.
13. Obama modeled the Affordable Care Act after what I did in Massachusetts. That means its bad.
14. I wear special underwear, like all Mormons. But Im not allowed to speak of it.
15. God commands against lying. But its OK when I lie about what Obama says because hes a negro and negroes werent even human until the 12 Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints said they were in 1978, which is after Obama was born, so YOU do the math.
16. Gay marriage is wrong. The definition of marriage was set by God as one man to one woman.
17. My great-grandfather had several wives.
18. My great-great grandfather was one of the original Mormon apostles, and HE had 12 wives.
19. I believe we can get health care to act more like a consumer market, and if we do that and we stop making it like a big government-managed utility, were going to see better prices, lower costs and better care. Its happened everywhere weve applied consumer-market principles. Like the oil companies. Have you ever paid LESS for a gallon of gas than you are now?
20. I believe that states have responsibility to care for people in the way they feel best. Its important for us, in my view, to make sure that every American has access to good health care. And no, saying that the government should make sure every American has access to good health care while saying that the states have the responsibility to care for people in the way they feel best are NOT mutually exclusive statements.
21. If your marriage is sealed in the temple, then you will be married forever, in whichever of the three heavens God decides you belong in.
22. Oh, and when you die as a Mormon, you get your own planet and become a God. Really.
23. We were all spirits before we were born and lived with God, who used to be a human but attained Godhood. God sent us to Earth at a time predetermined by him so we could get experiences that we couldnt possibly get hanging out with God, who is capable of all things, except, of course, for providing us with experiences that we can only get on Earth. Although you WERE worthy to live with God as a spirit BEFORE he sent you to Earth, you have to live on EARTH to PROVE you are worthy to hang out with God forever. See? Its easy when you stop TRYING to think.
24. The LDS Church teaches that at the end of the world everyone will be resurrected. They also believe that almost everyone will go to heaven, which is divided up into three main levels. Bad people go to the lowest, the Telestial Kingdom (Doctrine and Covenants 76:81-86). Good people, who were not Mormons, will go to the middle level, the Terrestrial Kingdom (D&C 76:71-79). Mormons will go to the highest level, the Celestial Kingdom (D&C 76:50-70). However, only those who merit the highest part of the Celestial Kingdom will have Eternal Life [the ability to live in a marriage relationship and continue to beget childrensee D&C 132:20-24, also see Mormons Hope to Become Gods of Their Own Worlds]. All others have immortality [which is defined as the ability to live forever in a single condition, not married and no future children] but do not have Eternal Life. One must be married in the LDS temple and then obey all of the Mormon regulations to get to the highest degree of heaven. The first time a Mormon attends the temple endowment ceremony he/she will be given a new name [usually a Bible name like Peter or Mary or the name of European royalty]. These will supposedly be their names in eternity. The wife must tell her husband her new name, and no one else, as he is supposed to call her up in the resurrection. If he does not call her up she would still resurrect, but not as his wife. When a Mormon returns to the temple, on various occasions, to go through the endowment ceremony, he/she will stand in by proxy for a dead person. For instance, a man may be going through the ritual in behalf of his dead uncle. A new temple name would be assigned to the dead person, which could be Joseph, David, Paul, etc. In the case of a dead woman, a Mormon woman would stand in by proxy for her, and the dead woman would be given a new temple name, like Rachael, Eve, Rebecca, etc.
25. My ultimate goal is not the Presidency. It is, like all Mormons, to become a god and procreate for all eternity. Lotsa boinkin! Woo hah!
Now, let's enjoy a brief video about how I was flummoxed while trying to identify a tasty-appearing chocolate-covered pastry devices. They look quite delicious, Im telling ya!
This opinion article was written by an independent writer. The opinions and views expressed herein are those of the author and are not necessarily intended to reflect those of DigitalJournal.com
From the article: Hello. Im Mitt Romney. I am a Temple Mormon, a High Priest, and as such I have sworn blood oaths of sacrifice, obedience and consecration to the church and the Kingdom of God. My perfect obedience to these laws will allow me to become a god in the next life, the literal father of the peoples of a new and different earth. I am truly a Presidential candidate with an actual, definable god complex. What I say about politics are things I have actually said. What I say about Mormonism is compiled from official Mormon texts and websites....25. My ultimate goal is not the Presidency. It is, like all Mormons, to become a god and procreate for all eternity...22...when you die as a Mormon, you get your own planet and become a God. Really.
From the article: 23. We were all spirits before we were born and lived with God, who used to be a human but attained Godhood. God sent us to Earth at a time predetermined by him so we could get experiences that we couldnt possibly get hanging out with God... Although you WERE worthy to live with God as a spirit BEFORE he sent you to Earth, you have to live on EARTH to PROVE you are worthy to hang out with God forever. See? Its easy when you stop TRYING to think.
From the article: 13. Obama modeled the Affordable Care Act after what I did in Massachusetts. That means its bad.
16. Gay marriage is wrong. The definition of marriage was set by God as one man to one woman. 17. My great-grandfather had several wives. 18. My great-great grandfather was one of the original Mormon apostles, and HE had 12 wives.
Let's see if Mitt continues to toss ALL of his polygamous relatives under the bus for failing to honor God's definition of marriage as one man to one woman...OR...he could do what he did in Massachusetts...and not put up a fuss with homosexual marriage...and in fact, grease its wheels for its entry...
As opposed to Obama, who believed he was God and therefore was owed the Presidency.
THX 1138 the march continues - place marker
Well, technically, Mormon "prophets" from John Taylor (3rd Lds "prophet") to Spencer W. Kimball (12th Lds "prophet") all taught that Mormon males -- like Harry Reid and Mitt Romney -- are actually already "gods in embryos."...They just gotta get all growed up to be-a-full grown god.
So...Obama may believe he's a god...he may act like one...but you'd have to quote me chapter-and-verse to actually say he's widely teaching this...unlike the place that Romney gives $millions to...the Mormon church...
The false gospel of Mormonism...supported -- and now endorsed -- by millions and millions of voters...
(Oh, and btw, if Obama converted to Mormonism, the Mormons would proudly -- and loudly -- proclaim Obama's godhood, too!)
Um, because that would be a logical contradiction and more than a little specious.
(So you both oppose the “gospel” of Obama — but not the false “I’m a god” ‘gospel’ of Mitt Romney)
Millions of Americans and news media talking heads worship government as God.
It is pounded into the heads of children through government schools. We used to have 3 times daily bowing to Washington with the morning Noon and evening news. Now we have multiple channels 24/7.
It will be interesting when their god fails them.
In my Church, we oppose heretical teaching.
In politics, the Church teaches there are non-negotiables on some government policies.
In neither do I justify not voting for a candidate solely because he is a member of the LDS church.
If you do, do you advocate voting for Obama, sitting it out, or voting for whom?
worship government as God.
I would say they worship man - as the ultimate authority for truth. Humanism. Government as the instrument of man to 'perfect' man. The foundation for much suffering.
Yes, when their god fails...
Everything you have said is true. God have mercy upon us, we are faced with picking a Communist or a Cult leader who believes he is going to become “god” of his own planet as the next Presedent of the USA. For the record, attacks on Romneys so-called Mormon “religion” are fair game, as is dealing with Obamessiah’s Wright Black Liberation Theology Islam.
I will likely vote for Virgil Goode of the Constitution Party...
...I do not advocate ANYBODY sitting out the election...
...I do not advocate ANYBODY voting for Obama...
...and I do not advocate ANYBODY voting for Romney...
...tho I'll at least understand why voters in swing states would...
...I'll NEVER understand why FREEPERs in either liberal states -- or conservative states (all non-swing states) -- would vote for Romney...
There is NO (as in ZERO) case to do so.
thanks for your reply.
So far as it is effective, your advocacy results in success for the agenda of the current regime.
We are required to seriously consider the results of our actions as well as the actions themselves.
So I don’t grant your position moral or religious high ground. Quite the contrary.
Colofornian ... You appear to be extremely obsesssive compulsive. I’ll bet that the hatred/distortions you regularly spew are a reflection of your own life.
I think we saw the momentary height of this in the immediate aftermath of Katrina...when NOLA-ites & the MSM expected govt to be people's god and bush to be their personal savior.
If Romney becomes prez...and he prays to a false god for whate'er may "benefit" the United States, it'll be interesting not only when the Mormon god fails to deliver -- which is a guarantee -- but also when the ONE TRUE GOD may become a bit riled that so many people would expect a man with a false god to lead them to the economic promised land.
THAT -- is part & parcel of the idolatry going on here...not only that so many would endorse a man pretending and portending to be a GOD, but that they would trust the god of this man to deliver them economically.
In politics, the Church teaches there are non-negotiables on some government policies. In neither do I justify not voting for a candidate solely because he is a member of the LDS church. [D-fendr]
And how sad that the god of d-fendr only is interested in certain policy non-negotiables, apparently NOT which god that POTUS will -- as THE leader of the Free world -- appeal to in case of dire emergencies...in case of drought...in case of massive wildfires...in case of major earthquakes...in case of massive terrorist attacks...in case of an even worse economic free-fall...
I guess that's just all seismology and meteorology and economics and forestry -- things your church doesn't have positions on, eh, D-fendr???
Name-call all you want. I'll still love you in the TRUE Jesus Christ.
All heretics’ theology includes a false god or false view of the true God. I’m not certain that your own Christology is not heretical.
Not all who call themselves Christian, LDS included, have an orthodox Christology.
I wouldn’t exclude them from consideration for public office whether they be LDS, Jew, Deist, Dispensationalist, Calvinist, etc.
I would prefer that all political leaders share my religion, that would be best. But I’m not voting for them for a clerical position, but a public one.
Your responses on this and other threads indicate to me the position of someone who singles out one heretical church, or religion contrary to their own, for special exclusion.
I don’t share this view; I believe it to be subjective in application. And, in the case of this election, harmful to the republic.
thanks for your reply.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.