Skip to comments.Ambassadorship
Posted on 07/08/2012 9:05:44 AM PDT by Bigtigermike
Therefore from now on we recognize no man according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer. Therefore, if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ, and gave us the ministry of reconciliation, namely that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were entreating through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. (2CO 5:18-21) (2CO 5:16-17)
1. An ambassador does not appoint himself. We are appointed by Christ (2CO 5:18-20).
2. An ambassador does not support himself. God supplies all our needs (EPH 1:3; PHI 4:19).
3. An ambassador is not a citizen of the country where he is sent. We are citizens of heaven (PHI 3:20).
4. An ambassador has instructions in written form. We have the Bible (2TI 3:16).
5. An ambassador cannot take insults personally; he is accepted or rejected not on his own merit but because of who he repre- sents. We are not to take it personally when we are despised and rejected by those who hate Jesus Christ (JOH 15:19-21).
6. An ambassador does not enter a country to profit himself. We are on earth to serve the Lord (2CO 5:15).
7. An ambassador is a personal representative of someone else; everything he does and says reflects on the one who sent him. We are representatives of the Lord Jesus Christ by action as well as by word (JOH 13:35; JOH 17:23).
8. An ambassador's perspective is service; his prospect is reward. We are commissioned for service and will be rewarded (MAT 5:12; 2JO 1:8; REV 22:12).
9. An ambassador is recalled when war is declared. The recall of all believers at the Rapture of the Church will announce the beginning of the end for Satan (2TH 2:1-12).
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.