Skip to comments.Pray For The Salvation And Restoration Of America (10/5/2012)[Prayer]
Posted on 10/05/2012 4:04:07 AM PDT by DarthVader
My fellow Freepers, It is a very serious time in our nation's history and our future looks very uncertain and every day the news is full of stories that cause us to fear as it looks like we are teetering towards the edge of a cliff. It is quite obvious to even the casual observer that our great country is under a tremendous spiritual assault by the forces of darkness and hell that is causing great distress to many across this land and in other free nations. This is largely our own fault as a Church and a people because we have taken too much for granted but it is also not a time for weakness but one where we must pull together and show profound strength and courage that can only come from putting our faith fully in our Lord and King Jesus Christ. We must sincerely repent of our sins and then pray boldly for God to crush these forces and then deliver our country from this awful predicament. When I mean repent I mean we must radically change our ways and stop behaviors that are displeasing towards God. The Bible says in II Chronicles 7:14 "If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, pray, seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." This prayer below we should pray everyday until the election. There are two Psalms which speak powerfully to what we are bearing witness to in our nation today. Please pray this prayer,read these Psalms and ask God to save this great nation. Also pray that He gives us the mercy and power to return as much of it as possible to Him.
"Heavenly Father may you forgive this nation and its people for the many awful sins that we have commited against you. We do not deserve the wonderful ways we have been blessed and please forgive us for our indifference,neglect and complacency towards you. May you forgive us who are members of your Church who have neglected our calling and commitment to you to be effective witnesses and stewards of the many blessings you have generously bestowed upon us. Many of us have cried out to you for the past few years as never before and we humbly beseech you to bring an overwhelming, crushing defeat on the forces of darkness in our nation. First we pray that you quicken your Church by your spirit and lead us to unity to stand against the onslaught of darkness upon us. May you smash every crooked deed as evil men and women try to hold onto power and may this be so convincing that everyone knows that your hand is in this. Then we may bring the light of your Gospel to our people who do not know you and to the nations of the world.
May you block and undo every policy and piece of legislation they have passed that is harmful to this nation. May you make every policy they make fail and may you turn the hearts of the multitudes against them. May you thwart every evil deed they try to divide this nation with. May you bring their own mischief upon them ten fold. May you punish those in our government who are lawless traitors and enemies of the Constitution by exposing them and deliver them into our hands for justice. However we also pray that through this that you open their eyes to the truth and in your mercy that you bring these people to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ to serve as a witness to many. May you also use this to bring revival across our nation and a restoration of a culture that glorifies You. We also pray for those just leaders in our government who are struggling against the lawless. We pray for your protection and that you embolden them to do what is right to triumph in the election and in the arena of ideas. May you also continue to open the hearts and minds of the American people to the the truth and draw them towards yourself to be renewed in repentance and spiritual rebirth.
And this we humbly ask in Jesus name. Amen!"
The Psalms to pray:
God the Avenger of the Righteous
1 O Lord, you God of vengeance, you God of vengeance, shine forth! 2 Rise up, O judge of the earth; give to the proud what they deserve! 3 O Lord, how long shall the wicked, how long shall the wicked exult?
4 They pour out their arrogant words; all the evildoers boast. 5 They crush your people, O Lord, and afflict your heritage. 6 They kill the widow and the stranger, they murder the orphan, 7 and they say, The Lord does not see; the God of Jacob does not perceive.
8 Understand, O dullest of the people; fools, when will you be wise? 9 He who planted the ear, does he not hear? He who formed the eye, does he not see? 10 He who disciplines the nations, he who teaches knowledge to humankind, does he not chastise? 11 The Lord knows our thoughts,* that they are but an empty breath.
12 Happy are those whom you discipline, O Lord, and whom you teach out of your law, 13 giving them respite from days of trouble, until a pit is dug for the wicked. 14 For the Lord will not forsake his people; he will not abandon his heritage; 15 for justice will return to the righteous, and all the upright in heart will follow it.
16 Who rises up for me against the wicked? Who stands up for me against evildoers? 17 If the Lord had not been my help, my soul would soon have lived in the land of silence. 18 When I thought, My foot is slipping, your steadfast love, O Lord, held me up. 19 When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul. 20 Can wicked rulers be allied with you, those who contrive mischief by statute? 21 They band together against the life of the righteous, and condemn the innocent to death. 22 But the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge. 23 He will repay them for their iniquity and wipe them out for their wickedness; the Lord our God will wipe them out.
Exhortation to Patience and Trust Of David.
1 Do not fret because of the wicked; do not be envious of wrongdoers, 2 for they will soon fade like the grass, and wither like the green herb.
3 Trust in the Lord, and do good; so you will live in the land, and enjoy security. 4 Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. 6 He will make your vindication shine like the light, and the justice of your cause like the noonday.
7 Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for him; do not fret over those who prosper in their way, over those who carry out evil devices.
8 Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath. Do not fretit leads only to evil. 9 For the wicked shall be cut off, but those who wait for the Lord shall inherit the land.
10 Yet a little while, and the wicked will be no more; though you look diligently for their place, they will not be there. 11 But the meek shall inherit the land, and delight in abundant prosperity.
12 The wicked plot against the righteous, and gnash their teeth at them; 13 but the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he sees that their day is coming.
14 The wicked draw the sword and bend their bows to bring down the poor and needy, to kill those who walk uprightly; 15 their sword shall enter their own heart, and their bows shall be broken.
16 Better is a little that the righteous person has than the abundance of many wicked. 17 For the arms of the wicked shall be broken, but the Lord upholds the righteous.
18 The Lord knows the days of the blameless, and their heritage will abide for ever; 19 they are not put to shame in evil times, in the days of famine they have abundance.
20 But the wicked perish, and the enemies of the Lord are like the glory of the pastures; they vanishlike smoke they vanish away.
21 The wicked borrow, and do not pay back, but the righteous are generous and keep giving; 22 for those blessed by the Lord shall inherit the land, but those cursed by him shall be cut off.
23 Our steps* are made firm by the Lord, when he delights in our* way; 24 though we stumble,* we* shall not fall headlong, for the Lord holds us* by the hand.
25 I have been young, and now am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread. 26 They are ever giving liberally and lending, and their children become a blessing.
27 Depart from evil, and do good; so you shall abide for ever. 28 For the Lord loves justice; he will not forsake his faithful ones.
The righteous shall be kept safe for ever, but the children of the wicked shall be cut off. 29 The righteous shall inherit the land, and live in it for ever.
30 The mouths of the righteous utter wisdom, and their tongues speak justice. 31 The law of their God is in their hearts; their steps do not slip.
32 The wicked watch for the righteous, and seek to kill them. 33 The Lord will not abandon them to their power, or let them be condemned when they are brought to trial.
34 Wait for the Lord, and keep to his way, and he will exalt you to inherit the land; you will look on the destruction of the wicked.
35 I have seen the wicked oppressing, and towering like a cedar of Lebanon.* 36 Again I* passed by, and they were no more; though I sought them, they could not be found.
37 Mark the blameless, and behold the upright, for there is posterity for the peaceable. 38 But transgressors shall be altogether destroyed; the posterity of the wicked shall be cut off.
39 The salvation of the righteous is from the Lord; he is their refuge in the time of trouble. 40 The Lord helps them and rescues them; he rescues them from the wicked, and saves them, because they take refuge in him.
This monologue from Paul Harvey from 1965 describes what we are facing:
Amen! Amen! Praying!
May God show mercy on our nation. Amen
This magnificent prayer is posted in behalf of Freeper NELSON111:
Heavenly Father, we begin by PRAISING You. You are Holy. Sovereign. Omnipotent. We place ourselves at your mercy but we ask knowing our prayers are heard by you for they are ENSURED by the blood shed at Calvary.
1. Father, we humble ourselves under your mighty hand. We beseech you to send a HUNGER for your word across this land. We pray for the day people will beg for the word of the Lord to be read. Allow us to see this to be a part of it it hunger for it. We ask you to bring deep conviction of sin, spiritual brokenness, a holy fear and genuine repentance among YOUR people. There will be no revival without our humility and repentance and only YOU can bring this about in us.
2. We Pray for deep cleansing, genuine repentance, and spiritual power to engulf the shepherds of our flocks and other Christian leaders. Renew our Christian leaders. Give them direction. Lead them by your spirit. Father, Put your whole armor upon them: fasten on the belt of truth around their waists, and wrap their chests in the breastplate of righteousness, shod their feed with the readiness to preach the gospel of peace. Give them the shield of faith, so they might extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one which will surely come; and place the helmet of salvation upon their heads, remind them they possess the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. May you do all of this so that they may STAND.
3. We pray today for all of those who work in ministry and Christian service both paid and unpaid. From pastors and worship leaders from Secretaries to Sunday School Teachers. Our deacons, our trustees, our church board members, any and all who sit on committees. Strengthen them. Uphold them. Show them the fruits of the labor and reward them. Put within them a teachable spirit and a desire for excellence in ALL they do. May they serve selflessly and humbly remembering they are serving YOU a Holy and ALMIGHTY God and Father remind them that YOU will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart [1Co 4:5] .for that day will disclose it [1 Cor 3:13] for YOU will discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serves God and him that serves him not. [Mal 3:18]
4. We Pray for a mighty move of conviction and salvation upon communities of cultural influence. We pray for our national leaders our political leaders that they would be saved and as born again believers they would yield themselves servants to you. We pray for Hollywood actors and producers, educators, teachers, and college professors, news and media people, talk shows hosts, comedians and the music industry everyone that has influence over our culture our minds our childrens minds. We pray they will all come to repentance and knowledge of the truth and that they will use their positions and talents to GLORIFY YOU. For your word says This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
5. We Pray for YOU to bestow spiritual hunger in your people and draw them to fervent intercession for this nation and for their church. Give them genuine faith and the fervent desire for prayer.
6. We Pray that you will fill your people with a passion to see people saved. Father, just as Paul said I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart that his people the people of Israel would be saved so I pray today that I and that THESE people that ALL people who hear me would have a great sorrow and unceasing anguish in our heart for those who are lost around us. Make this a burden we cannot bare but have to share. Make us believers and FULFILLERS hearers and DOERS of the Great Commission that WHILE we are going about our lives we would make disciples .that we would make followers of Christ .of our family of our neighbors of our friends of that co-worker we barely know of that stranger sitting next to us in the restaurant. Give us a BURDEN today Oh Lord.
7. We Pray today for your people to have a passion for missions and starting churches. Prepare the feet of those who will take the message of salvation abroad. Clear their path and strengthen their way. We lift up those whose desire it is to plant new churches in THIS land. Give them vision spark a fire deep within them to reach their community for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
8. Father pour out your Spirit like a mighty purifying flood. Purify our motives as we pray for revival. If there be anything of self remove it. Lay it low. Father, we claim a revival greater than the Great Awakening of the 18th century greater than the Great Revival of 1857 and 58 Greater than the Wales revival of 1904. We ask for a modern day PENTECOST in this country .beginning with YOUR people. As a result this revival you will send we pray for the salvation of the lost. Open their eyes. Remove they scales that blind them. Soften their hard hearts towards the Gospel. Show them their sin. Make them uncomfortable in their sin. Make them miserable because of their sin show them that YOUR WRATH rests upon them because of their sin and show them their need for a savior. Show them that this Savior is Jesus Christ your only begotten son whom you sent and that if they will just believe they will have everlasting life for you sent Him into the world not to condemn the world but that the world through Him might be saved. We BELIEVE today you are who you say you are and that a revival of the land is coming. We claim your promises.
In Jesus Name Amen
Thank the LORD for His gifts and blessings. in Jesus name and for His sake. May I be worthy of thy grace. Amen.
I join in prayer for the salvation of Americans and the restoration of America.