Skip to comments.Report declares thriving Israeli Christian population
Posted on 12/30/2012 9:46:57 PM PST by ReformationFan
Almost 65 years after Jews who were dispersed around the world returned to their homeland ― following a departure that lasted nearly two millennia ― a report released by Israel's Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS) confirms that the Christian population in the Jewish nation is alive and well, despite the nation's more dominant Jewish and Muslim religions, growing to 158,000 (roughly two percent of the total population).
While thousands of Christians celebrated Christmas among various observances taking place across the Promised Land, a CBS statistical breakdown divulged that 80 percent of the Christians living in Israel are Arab. The remaining 20 percent are reported to be mostly comprised of immigrants from the former Soviet Union (USSR) who moved to the nation under the Law of Return ― a program granting individuals with a Jewish grandparent Israeli citizenship. And despite the firmly rooted Christian origins of the holiday celebrating Christ's birth, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu delivered a Christmas greeting to Israel's eight-million inhabitants that touted a message of religious pluralism.
Also highlighted in the demographics unleashed this Christmas is the fact that the Christian sector of Israeli society represents the highest high school graduation rate (64 percent), with Israeli Jews comprising 59 percent and Muslim Israelis registering a lower 48 percent.
Correspondingly, it is noted in the report that 10.2 percent of Christian Arabs are studying for degrees in the field of medicine, whereas only 4.6 percent of students in the general population are seeking such degrees, indicating that a higher percentage of Arab Christians are pursuing degrees in the field of medicine than the rest of the population in Israel.
(Excerpt) Read more at onenewsnow.com ...
Judaism isn’t a natural enemy to Christians, as is islam. You won’t see this in Saudi Arabia.
You mean they don’t feed them to the dogs?
Israel has in its history offer free access to all the holy shrines important to the Christians.
Why they allow death cult members to stay in their country, I will never understand.
Could it be because many of the Jews that came to Israel, come from Muslim countries that simply threw them out when Israel came back to life.