LDS Missionaries give up 2 years of their life to serve people and spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Why this makes some people mad is a mystery. Plus, LDS Missionaries do not get paid a salary.
I don’t know when my cousin went on her trip, NYC she spent most of the time in shows as a dancer.
The Christian full time missionaries I know give their whole lives to Christ.
Did you know about this?
“LDS Missionaries give up 2 years of their life to serve people and spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Why this makes some people mad is a mystery. Plus, LDS Missionaries do not get paid a salary.”
1. They are spreading a false gospel.
2. They are teaching a false, created Christ.
3. They are not getting a salary, but believe this mission is part of getting into a false heaven.
All cultic heresy and not Biblical or Christian.
Think about it, District. Your OTHER "revelations" -- like D&C 20:9 & 42:12 both claim that the Book of Mormon "contains the...fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ."
That would mean, then, if Joseph Smith is not a "false prophet" in what he said in 20:9 & 42:12 -- that the Book of Mormon at least contains the ESSENTIAL "gospel" teachings...not EVERYTHING taught by Mormons...but the ESSENTIAL ones...lest we turn the word "fulness" on its head...
Tell us, District, which of these Mormon teachings are non-essential for "Mormon gospel" purposes????
Mormon "sacred" things not found in the Mormon "sacred" BoM:
1. Church organizational structure and titles of leaders [Hey, we don't need to provoke pagans into laughter by coming up with religious titles like the bishopric, do we?]
2. gods...plural [due to insistance by some FReeper Mormons that they only worship one godhead, a few FI have begun referencing that belief as polymonotheism]
3. Plurality of wives doctrine [Ah. Polymonogamy]
4. Word of Wisdom [I guess the people of South America weren't very wise about Brazilian coffee]
5. God is an exalted man [Who knew this facebook boy would make it big? Hmm...a god who worshiped his own god/gods once upon a time, eh?]
6. Celestial marriage [If you want to become an eternal polygamist, current Lds church policy says you can...just make sure you secure permission of anybody you've divorced & get "married" to your multiple SERIAL spouses one at a time in the temple for eternity]
7. Men may become Gods ["Hey, God, move over...you can go ahead & take my measurements for my throne"]
8. Three degrees of glory [Mormons tout resurrection for all; yet John says there's a resurrection unto "damnation" (John 5:29) -- not too glorious]
9. Baptism for the dead [monopoly on the religio-necro industry, that's for sure! I think we should call this a polymonopoly on necro-baptisms...when are they going to open up fast-food-like windows to meet the demand to grow with more genealogical records online?]
10. Eternal progression [at least til you hit the ceiling of your assigned glory...you terrestials aren't getting out!]
11. The Aaronic Priesthood [yeah, like the Bible -- apostle Paul -- says, these 12-year-old "elders" better keep to one wife!]
12. Temple works of washings, anointing, endowments, sealing; along with temple -- at least for its newly re-purposed usage [I guess the people of the Book of Mormon times weren't very "sacred" compared to contemporary Mormons]
Any resemblence to 'the Gospel of Jesus Christ' is FALSE.