Skip to comments.Four people hurt in Albuquerque church stabbing (assailant screamed 'False preacher!')
Posted on 04/28/2013 4:16:00 PM PDT by markomalley
At least four people were hurt at an Albuquerque church Sunday when a visitor jumped out of the pews and stabbed a choir member during a song, police and witnesses said.
The victims did not appear to have life-threatening injuries, police said.
Two parishioners told the Los Angeles Times that after communion at the St. Jude Thaddeus Catholic Church on Sunday morning, a man in his teens or early 20s leaped from the pews and stabbed the choir's lead singer while the choir was singing.
"While that was going on, people were just panicking. It was scary, you wouldnt think something like that would happen in church," Reyes Stinson, 18, told The Times.
Another parishioner, Vanessa Lucero, 14, told The Times she was sitting right behind the man, who "was kind of twitchy, sketchy looking. He had a tattoo of an upside-down star on his wrist."
Lucero said the man climbed over the pews, punched and then repeatedly stabbed the choir's lead singer.
"He said, like, 'False preacher!' " Lucero said. "I dont know why.
(Excerpt) Read more at latimes.com ...
Too bad no honest citizen was armed and blew this whack job away.
it’s why i never go to church unarmed.
Upside down star... Hm. Demon’s here.
For now, it is the nuts, but there is a considerable population in this country who despise Christians.
The violence will come when they have sufficient power.
We should not be surprised when it happens.
Hates Masons, too.
I’m wondering about the motive?
An update at the LAT says they haven’t determined the motive yet, but this is good enough for me.
**’You dont know about the Masons.’ “**
There’s a little more information than the earlier story, but really not enough to even begin to understand what was going on here.
Why stab the choir leader for “false preaching”? I’ve heard some pretty bad singing of some pretty bad 60s-style hymns, but I can’t think of a choir director who preached, let alone falsely.
As for the Masons, is he for them or against them? It’s not really clear.
They steal consecrated hosts for secret ceremonies.....basically they hate Catholics.
Catholics cannot be memebers of the Masons!
Essays for Lent/Easter: Freemasons
Why Catholics Cannot Be Masons, [Part 1]
Good Catholics should not wear aprons
Sandra Miesel explains why Catholics can't be Masons
Masonic Lodges Open Those Mysterious Doors
"LOST SYMBOL" PICTURES: Masonic Symbols Decoded
Georgia freemasons at loggerheads over admission of black man to lodge
Is There No Help For The Widow's Son? Part two (Masonry and Mormonism) (OPEN)
Masonic rituals live on
First-Ever Masonic Inaugural Ball to be Held[In honor of President-elect, Barack Obama]
A Mormon Mason: New grand master is the first in a century who is LDS
Freemasons open a lodge at Buckingham Palace but the Queen isn't amused
Islam and Freemasonry
Masonry, Atheism and Catholicism
New Masons Drawn by Brotherhood, Not Myths
THE ANTI-CATHOLIC NATURE OF FREEMASONRY
Cuban Freemason Dr. Alfredo Manuel Pulido Lopez is being held prisoner in Cuba
Masonic rituals live on
Just about all the deacons and our pastor carry guns at our church for situations like this. Something they only started doing the last 5 years. I’m not saying the guy would have been shot but he would have found several guns shoved in his face and forced to the ground when he first pounced. Expect more incidents like this to occur as the liberal atheists continue to lose their power base.
The guys obviously NOT a Mason...lol. Just saying something cryptic to give a false impression about his motives which probably came from some stupid website.
Yeah, the upside down star indicates satanism. You’d have to be pretty far gone to put a tattoo like that in a visible place.
That's the consequence of all the criminally insane people being kicked out into the large world to live and to die however they may. Churches are usually open to everyone, and clergy is not expected to talk to people through a bulletproof glass and an intercom. Now and then a lunatic, just like this one, wanders in and does mayhem.
Maybe he had something personal against the choir leader.
I thought that was an upside down cross. An upside down star is a little like an upside down circle.
I’m going to say.... 52% chance he was just a schizophrenic. 28% chance he was an anti Catholic bigot. 20% chance he was raped by the stabbing victim.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.