The Lds currently have had over 50,000 missionaries...their previous high was just over 60,000 at any given time.
Now, with the age requirement being lowered, many are electing to not interrupt the flow of their college years by getting it out of the way post-high school.
So, there will be this temporary mass inflation...but will likely stay higher than what it was as 18 yo seniors coming out of high school remain a little more "idealistic" than 19 yo college freshmen.
Snapshot of Joseph Smiths Slanderous Invectives vs. Christian Sects
Mormon Source[Note: Most of these are Mormon scriptures'. In fact, First three rows below are Lds 'scripture' & therefore cannot be rug-swept any more than a Jew might try to take three commandments off of the very tablets of stone Moses brought down from the mountain]
|...which of all the sects was right must join NONE of them, for they were ALL WRONG those professors were ALL CORRUPT ||Joseph Smith History vv. 18-19. Lds "scripture" Pearl of Great Price|
|...which of all the sects was right ALL their CREEDS were an ABOMINATION in his sight they teach for doctrines the commandments of MEN ||Joseph Smith History vv. 18-19. Lds "scripture" Pearl of Great Price|
|Mormon church the only Christ-sanctioned church on earth: the foundation of this [Mormon] church the ONLY true and living church on the face of the whole earth [Obvious scorched earth implication: All other churches are false and dead]||Lds scripture Doctrines & Covenants 1:30|
|Direct question asked of Joseph Smith: 'Will everybody be damned, but Mormons?" Answer from Lds "prophet" Joseph Smith: 'Yes, and a great portion of them, unless they repent, and work righteousness."||Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 119 [Not scripture but still publicly spoken by the Mormon living prophet and published by a later Mormon living prophet, Joseph Fielding Smith via a publisher owned by the Mormon church Deseret News Press, 1938]|
|In 1952 the first official proselyting plan was sent to missionaries throughout the world It included seven missionary discussions that emphasized [four topics, one of them being] THE APOSTASY and Restoration [This makes it 60 years that Mormon church missionaries, soon to number 85,000, have formally emphasized in its training & door to door saturation a priority in bashing the worldwide Christian church as apostates (100% AWOL)]||Our Heritage: A Brief History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints p. 116, 1996|
Thanks for the Good News!
It is time for a boycott of all LDS-owned businesses and entities until they stop protecting illegal alien lawbreakers and endorsing amnesty.
Mormons = Muslims: Started by child molesting murders so they could have sex with many women. Each nutjob called themselves “prophets”, rewrote the Bible to suit their greedy Earthly desires of sex with many women and children.
I hope they all drop by our house!
Why do continually post this nonsense?
I don’t agree with the LDS doctrine and I have two Morman’s work for me. We don’t discuss religion and have mutual respect. Why don’t you give that a try?
Good for them and best of luck!
True Christianity preaches the cross of Christ.
Well; the Quality ain't workin'; let's go for quantity!
- Learn and obey all missionary rules.
- Keep your thoughts, words, and actions in harmony with the gospel message.
- Read only books, magazines, and other material authorized by the Church.
- Don't debate or argue.
- Center your mind on your mission.
- Dress conservatively. Elders: white shirts, conservative ties, and business suits. Sisters: conservative colors and skirts that cover your knees. No floor-length skirts or dresses.
- Cut your hair regularly.
- Keep your hair clean and neatly combed at all times in the approved style.
- Be neat and clean.
- Bathe frequently.
- Use deodorant.
- Polish your shoes.
- Iron your shirt and business suit.
- Arise at 6:30 A.M.
- Study for 2 hours every morning.
- Proselytize for 10 hours between 9:30 A.M. and 9:30 P.M.
- Turn off your lights at 10:30 P.M.
- Exercise regularly.
- Write in your journal regularly.
- Follow the "Missionary Gospel Study Program" (31157) for your personal study.
- Regularly study the Missionary Guide and the Discussions.
- Attend Sunday priesthood or Relief Society meetings, Sunday School, and sacrament meeting.
- Attend the general session of Stake Conference.
- Attend general conference broadcasts if available.
- Avoid all other church meetings unless you have a special assignment or are brining an investigator.
- Proselytize as much as possible on weekends and holidays because this is when you'll find people home.
- End your preparation day at 6:00 P.M. and proselytize from 6:00 P.M. to 9:30 P.M.
- Wear your missionary uniform in public on preparation day while not engaged in recreational activities.
- Arise at 6:30 on preparation day and study for 2 hours from the approved books.
- Take care of your physical preparation for the week on preparation day: wash your clothes, clean your apartment, wash your car, get your haircut, and shop for groceries.
- Write to your parents every week on preparation day.
- Write less frequently to your siblings, friends, and acquaintances.
- Don't communicate with any friends or acquaintances that are within or close to your mission boundaries, except as a part of official mission business.
- Plan safe, wholesome, and uplifting activities for preparation day.
- Stay with your companion during all activities.
- Do not go on road trips.
- Do not leave your assigned area without permission
- Do not watch television.
- Do not view unauthorized videocassettes.
- Do not listen to the radio.
- Do not listen to unauthorized audiocassettes or CDs.
- Do not participate in musical groups.
- Do not participate in athletic teams.
- Do not sponsor athletic teams.
- Do not engage in contact sports.
- Do not engage in water sports.
- Do not engage in winter sports.
- Do not engage in motorcycling.
- Do not engage in horseback riding.
- Do not engage in mountain climbing.
- Do not embark on a private boat.
- Do not embark in a private airplane.
- Do not handle firearms.
- Do not handle explosives.
- Do not swim.
- Do not play full court basketball.
- Do not play basketball in leagues.
- Do not play basketball in tournaments.
- You may play half-court basketball.
- Never be alone.
- Seek advice from your mission president if your companion is "having difficulties".
- Be loyal to your companion.
- Ask your mission president for help if your companion doesnt obey the rules.
- Pray with your companion every day.
- Study with your companion every day.
- Plan your work with your companion every day.
- Take time at least once a week for companionship inventory.
- Seek to be one in spirit and purpose and help each other succeed.
- Always address your companion as Elder or Sister.
- Sleep in the same bedroom as your companion.
- Do not sleep in the same bed as your companion.
- Do not arise before your companion.
- Do not retire after your companion. (apparently, being together is more important than getting the correct amount of sleep that your unique body requires.)
- Frequently study with your companion the Missionary Guide section on companions.
- Never be alone with anyone of the opposite sex.
- Never associate inappropriately with anyone of the opposite sex (conversely, they don't mention whether or not it is against the rules to associate inappropriately with anyone of the same sex).
- Do not flirt.
- Do not date.
- Do not communicate via phone or letter with anyone of the opposite sex living within or near mission boundaries.
- Do not visit a single or divorced person of the opposite sex unless accompanied by a couple or another adult member of your sex.
- Try to teach single investigators in a members home or have missionaries of the same sex teach them.
- Always follow the above rules, even if the situation seems harmless.
- Use the commitment pattern to get referrals from members.
- Keep your dinner visits with member briefs and during the customary dinner hour in the area.
- Remember to say thank you to those who feed you.
- Visit members and nonmembers only at appropriate times.
- Do not counsel or give medical treatment.
- Do not stay in the homes of people when they are on vacation.
- Only write letters to family members and friends at home.
- Do not telephone parents
- Do not telephone relatives.
- Do not telephone friends.
- Do not telephone girlfriends.
- Contact your mission president in case of an emergency.
- Take problems and questions to your mission president.
- Do not write to the President of the Church or to other General Authorities. Letters from missionaries to General Authorities are referred back to the mission president
- Respect the customs, traditions, and property of the people who you are trying to convert.
- Obey all mission rules.
- Obey the laws of the land.
- Do not get involved in politics.
- Do not get involved in commercial activities.
- Do not give any information about the area.
- Respect the customs and cultures of those who you are trying to convert to your own customs and culture.
- Respect the beliefs, practices, and sites of other religions.
- Do not say or write anything bad about the political and cultural circumstances where you serve.
- Do not become involved in adoption proceedings.
- Do not suggest or encourage emigration. (This rule is a bit ironic, given the now-defunct doctrine of gathering the believers to Zion)
- Be courteous.
- Provide community service.
- Do not provide community service that isnt approved by your mission president.
- Do not provide more than 4 hours a week of community service.
- Do not provide community service during the evening, weekend or holidaysthose are peek proselytizing times.
- Your mission president must approve your housing.
- Keep your housing unit clean.
- Do not live with single or divorced people of the opposite sex.
- Do not live where the spouse is frequently absent.
- Your living unit must have a private bath and entrance.
- You may occasionally fast for a special reason, but generally the monthly fast is sufficient.
- Do not fast longer than 24 hours at a time.
- Do not ask friends, relatives, and members to join in special fasts for investigators.
- Maintain your health.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Sleep from 10:30 to 6:30.
- Follow the approved exercise program.
- Keep your body, clothes, dishes, linens, towels and housing unit clean.
- Dispose of your garbage properly and promptly.
- Follow the safety rules for all of your stuff.
- Seek medical care if you are in an accident or become sick.
- Be immunized.
- Spend your money only on things relating to your mission.
- Budget your money carefully.
- Keep a record of what you spend.
- Do not spend more than your companion.
- Do not loan money.
- Do not borrow money.
- Keep a reserve fund of $50 to $100 at all times for transfers.
- Pay your bills before leaving an area.
- Pay cash for all resale literature and supplies ordered from the mission office.
- Do not waste money on souvenirs.
- Do not waste money on unnecessary items.
- Be a frugal photographer.
- Do not accumulate excess baggage.
- Obey custom laws and regulations.
- Pay fast offerings each fast Sunday to the bishop or branch president where you serve.
- Pay tithing on outside sources of income (i.e. interest) to your home bishop or branch president.
- Evaluate your funds a few months before the end of your mission. If you have more than you need, ask that less be sent so that you can return home without excess money.
- Do not drive without a license.
- Drive only Church-owned vehicles.
- Do not drive members cars.
- Do not drive nonmembers cars.
- Do not give rides to members or investigators in Church-owned cars.
- Use cars only on approved mission business.
- Use cars only within the assigned geographical area.
- Be conscious of safety at all times.
- Drive defensively.
- Wear your seat belt.
- Pray for the Lords protection while driving.
- If your companion is driving, assist him or her.
- Do not tamper with the vehicles odometer.
- Know bicycle safety rules.
- Use extreme caution on your bicycle.
- Do not ride your bicycle after dark.
- Do not ride your bicycle in heavy traffic.
- Do not ride your bicycle in adverse weather conditions.
- Go directly to your new area when transferred.
- Find your new companion without delay when transferred.
- Have a maximum of two suitcases and a briefcase.