Since the message is directed specifically towards Russia, we can certainly attest that country has known peace since the 1984 consecration.
In a quotation written by Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger (later Pope Benedict) he says, "Sister Lucia personally confirmed that this solemn and universal act of consecration corresponded to what Our Lady wished Sim, està feita, tal como Nossa Senhora a pediu, desde o dia 25 de Março de 1984: Yes it has been done just as Our Lady asked, on 25 March 1984: Letter of 8 November 1989). Hence any further discussion or request is without basis.".
In an article in Inside the Vatican by Delia Gallagher, it was mentioned that Sister Lucia had a special vision that confirmed theaction corresponded to Our Lady's requests. Cardinal Ricardo Vidal of Cebu in the Philippines also said that Sr Lucia had told him, "If the consecration had not been done in 1984, there would have been nuclear war in 1985".
Sr. Lucia said John Paul II accomplished it. End of matter. We now need to focus our prayers for peace on the Middle East.
You can attest to whatever you want; but I don't attest to any of the above.
Have you not heard of the first and second Russia - Chechen Wars in 1994 and 1999, respectively?
Secondly, Our Lady granted a period of peace to all mankind, not just Russia.
And please tell me exactly when Orthodox Russia converted to Catholicism?
8. ISN'T IT TRUE THAT THE CONSECRATION OF RUSSIA WAS DONE IN 1984 AND THAT THE "FALL OF COMMUNISM" PROVES THAT THE CONSECRATION WAS EFFECTIVE AND THAT RUSSIA IS NOW CONVERTING?
No, it is not true. We know it is not true because:
(1) On March 25, 1984, after the consecration of the world, Pope John Paul II said twice that Our Lady of Fatima's request for the consecration of Russia was not done.
(2) Soon after the attempted Consecration of 1984, which did not mention Russia or involve the participation of the world's bishops, Sister Lucia stated it was insufficient because it did not meet the requirements specified to her by Our Lady.
(3) Since 1984 the moral and spiritual state of the world has obviously grown far worse: In the past 14 years there have been 600 million abortions, and wars have broken out all over the world. Mercy-killing and homosexual acts have been "legalized". In Russia itself a new law has just been passed which discriminates against the Catholic Church and in favor of Islam, Buddhism, Judaism and the Orthodox churches which forcibly occupied Catholic parishes under the Communists. Thus it is clear Russia is not converted to the Catholic Faith as Our Lady of Fatima promised would happen if Her request was done.
(4) There have been very few conversions to Catholicism in Russia over the past fourteen years. In all of Russia today there are only 300,000 Catholics--much less than one percent of the Russian population. By comparison, after Our Lady appeared at Guadalupe, Mexico in the 16th Century, more than 7 million Mexicans converted from paganism to the Catholic Faith within nine years and Mexico became a Catholic country.
Anything else you wish to assert?