Skip to comments.Prayers for my two sisters, please (heart surgery and mastectomy)
Posted on 02/16/2014 9:05:07 PM PST by Salvation
From a FReepmail I received today:
From AllAmericanGirl44 | 02/16/2014 6:12:51 PM PST new
Dear Salvation, I havent been on FR very long, have never done a vanity and havent asked anyone for anything to date. Im writing to ask if it is at all possible for a prayer request for 2 of my sisters who are facing surgeries this week. One on Monday 2/17 for heart surgery and the other sister is on Tuesday 2/18 for a double mastectomy with breast cancer.
Im beside myself with concern and know all to well the power of prayer. If this is in anyway inappropriate, I sincerely apologize. I was unsure where to turn in my time of need.
Thank you so very much, you are kind soul.
Let her know that my mother survived breast cancer twice, once in the 1980’s and again in the 2000’s.
AllAmericanGirl, your sisters will be in my prayers tonight. Please keep us posted.
Prayers up for you and your sisters and that the Good Lord will be guiding the Doctors and Nurses performing these procedures.
I’m grateful for you assistance, thank you so very much.
Thank you for sharing that very encouraging news.
It is deeply appreciated.
Thank you so very much and I will let you know after Wednesday.
Thank you so very much.
They “sent her home to die” the first time since it had spread so much but the chemotherapy got it. She is still here and a spry 81.
Catholic Prayer Ping!
Direct your prayers to AllAmericanGirl44;
If you are not already on this Prayer Ping List, please FReepmail me.
Will do. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer, had a partial mastectomy, and she’s just about to be five years in remission.
Now that is very inspiring indeed. Thank you for sharing!
So happy to read this news. Thank you so much.
Prayers are away.
Oy, that is a lot of stuff in a short time! Prayers are sent for you and your sisters and families!
One can always get good support here at Free Republic!
Praying for your two sisters, that the Great Physician take the controls like only He can. In faith and in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Please read this thread. Manger dog AllAmericanGirl44 needs prayer for her two sisters having surgery this week - both sisters.
AmericanGirl, I will be praying for you two sisters - let us know how they are after the surgeries. Keep us updated. So sorry both sisters have to go through this.
Been thru heart surgery.
A few random thoughts intended to help:
- Waking up is gonna suck. Bad. Every fiber of your being will want to pull out that breathing tube, and your hands are tied.
- Keep a sense of humor. (First thing on waking, I told my wife “remember this word - fishmonger.” Her telling me that later, something I knew she’d never think of, assured me I had been awake and coherent then.)
- Thank everyone who does anything to/for you. No matter how painful, annoying, distressing, uncomfortable, whatever - thank them, for they have a hard job which is intended to make you better.
- Rib cage pain is bad. That’s the primary pain in heart surgery (assuming they had to split the rib cage and pry it apart with a car jack): pervasive bruising and cut/repaired chest muscles. Hurts. Transitioning from vertical to horizontal or back will make you cry just thinking about it.
- Percocet is a gift. Take it, faithfully, every 3 hours whether you’re in pain or not. Waiting until you’re in pain is too long, and it does take about 15 agonizing minutes to kick in. You just went thru ******* heart surgery, yeah you’re going to hurt, use painkillers.
- Nights in the hospital are hard. You’ll be awake at odd hours, staring at the clock, watching each second tick by for hours on end.
- Netflix on a tablet (iPad) would be a wonderful gift. Stick with mild comedies (”Children of Men” wasn’t such a good choice. Trust me.)
- The ride home is gonna hurt. Just staying vertical in a car uses more muscles than you knew you had, and you’ll be aware of every one of them.
- Once you get home, stop taking painkillers. Pain is a message, listen to it - stop doing whatever is causing you to hurt.
- Once you get home, you’ll do too much. CUT IT OUT. LIE DOWN AND STAY THERE. The pain is telling you to STOP ALREADY.
- I said stop overdoing it.
- No, really, stop overdoing it.
- Yes, walking around slightly hunched and ready to protect your chest is normal. Lasts about a month or so.
- You’ll feel a lot better when you recover.
- Thank God for every minute. You’re living on borrowed time now.
Prayers sent for all...
Thank you so much, the prayers are deeply appreciated.
For such a newcomer, I already see the wonderful support here, it is humbling.
Thank you Marcella, my fellow manger dog.
My heart swells with appreciation for prayers for my
Thank you so much and I absolutely crumble seeing these precious images.
Thank you so much, it is deeply appreciated.
May Our Almighty Father send His angels to guard your sisters against harm, to guide their surgeons, and to ward off all evil, even as He heals them as no other can. I ask this in the Holy Name of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, Amen
praying for healing surgeries for both sisters. may God bless and strengthen your family.
Please see post 29, it was intended for you!
What a wonderful prayer Smokin’ Joe, my heart is grateful for your prayer. Thank you so much.
That is some wonderful information and advice, I will definately pass it on to my sister.
Thank you for sharing!
Every day is a gift, I too believe this to be true.
Thank you dadfly, it means more than I can say.
I appreciate your including the family, my 90 year old Dad is feeling very helpless.
Thank you very much.
Thank you so much!
Thank you for such a lovely prayer.
Thank you Chode, deeply appreciated.
Prayers going up for your sisters, your family, & you. God Bless you all & Keep you safe.
Thank you so much. I’m grateful for so many caring hearts.
Thank you, it means so much.
May God hold them both in the palm of His hand.
I thank you so much KGeorge for the kind prayers.
The image of that prayers is so comforting. Thank you
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.