Skip to comments.Francis and Four Points of Apostate Action: Islamic prayers to be held at the Vatican
Posted on 06/07/2014 12:14:09 PM PDT by ebb tide
CFN update: June 6, 2014 Francis and four points of Apostate Action Islamic prayers to be held at the Vatican
by John Vennari
This Sunday, June 8, Pope Francis will allow for the first time in history Islamic prayers from the Quoran to be recited at the Vatican. The service is said to be in the cause of Peace in the Middle East (see report below). Members of Judaism will be part of the interfaith gathering as well. This radical initiative is scandalous on at least four counts:
1) The Prayers of Islam worship a false god; not the true God who is the Blessed Trinity; not the true God Jesus Christ, who said "No man comes to the Father but through Me." Speaking on the modernist notion that various religions worship the same God, the eminent theologian Father Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange explained that such a tenet denies the principle of non-contradiction, which is the most fundamental principle of reason. Father Garrigou-Lagrange explains, It is injurious to say that God would consider with equanimity all religions while one teaches truth and one teachers error, when one promises the good and one promises the evil. To say this would be to affirm that God would be indifferent to good and evil, to what is honest and shameful.
2) Pope Francis' act fosters the religious indifferentism condemned by the Catholic Church and condemned by reason. Great popes such as Leo XII, Pius IX, Gregory XVI and others all condemned religious indifferentism; a false system that gives the impression that any religioun is good enough for salvation. Along with the popes already mentioned, Pope Pius VIII forcefully condemned this error in the encyclical Traditi humilati nostrae:
And this is the lethal system of religious indifferentism, which is repudiated by the light of natural reason itself. In this light we are warned that, among many religions which disagree with one another, when one is true, that there can be no association with light and darkness. Against these repeaters of ancient errors, the people must be assured, Venerable Brethren, that the profession of the Catholic Faith is alone the true one, since the Apostle tells us that there is one Lord and one baptism. As Jerome says, the man who eats the Lamb outside of this house is profane, and the man who is not in the ark of Noah is going to perish in the deluge. Neither is there any other name apart from the Name of Jesus given to men by which we must be saved. He who believes will be saved, and he who shall not have believed will be condemned.
It seems safe to say the Papa Bergoglio would blush with embarrassment at this authentic Catholic teaching, and would probably die rather than reiterate it, or rather than conduct his Vatican and ecclesiastical policies accordingly.
3) It turns Peace in the Middle East into an idol, a false god that must be appeased at the expense of the ordinary and universal magisterium of the Church since the time of the Apostles. The First Commandment does not say, "Thou shalt not be an atheist," but says rather, "Thou shalt not have strange gods before me." The trampling of Catholic truth and practice in a quest for a humanistic peace is, effectively, apostate actions in the service of an idol, a false god; the ever-illusive "peace in the Middle East"
4) The act will bring punishment rather than blessings. Belgiums Cardinal Mercier explained that the First World War was actually a punishment to the world for governments placing the one true Church on the same level with false religions. How much worse when this is done by Catholic leaders, in the quest of a humanistic peace. In his 1918 Pastoral Letter, Cardinal Mercier said:
In the name of the Gospel, and in the light of the Encyclicals of the last four Popes; Gregory XVI, Pius IX, Leo XIII, and Pius X, I do not hesitate to affirm that this indifference to religion which puts on the same level the religion of divine origin and the religions invented by men, in order to include them in the same skepticism, is the blasphemy which calls down chastisement on society far more than the sins of individuals and families.
The very inter-religious prayer that is supposed to foster peace, as Cardinal Mercier explains, is a form of blasphemy and will end up to be a source of chastisement.
Where are the Cardinals, bishops and priests who have the faith and fortitude to openly denounce Francis' actions, and to warn their faithful against this defiance of the Catholic Faith?
As Father Frederick Faber warned, "Where there is no hatred of heresy, there is no holiness".
Making matters worse, Francis will encourage this Muslim/Vatican action on the Feast of Pentecost. Indeed, these actions show the blasphemous nature of the Conciliar "New Pentecost".
From the beginning of the Bergoglio pontificate, we knew it would be a bumpy ride. We knew we were headed for heartbreak and scandal. We knew he was a Vatican II radical who will recklessly drive the Conciliar revolution to even greater romps than his Conciliar predecessors. His actions call for greater resistance on our part, increased fidelity to the perennial teaching and practice of the Church, and a greater need to instill the counter-revolutionary spirit in ourselves and in our young ones.
We do not follow, imitate or respect his inter-religious actions. We pray we may soon be granted a Pope who is not in the poisonous grip of a modernist mindset.
Prayers of reparation are in order. And as the message of Fatima encourages, "Pray a great deal for the Holy Father".
1. De Revelatione, Father Garrigou-Lagrange, [Paris: Galbalda, 1921], Tome 2, Quoted from "Christians, Muslims and Jews: Do we all Have the Same God?, Father François Knittel, Christendom, November, December, 2007.
2. Cardinal Merciers Pastoral Letter 1918, The Lesson of Events. Cited from The Kingship of Christ and Organized Naturalism, Father Denis Fahey, (Dublin: Regina Publications, 1943), p. 36. (Emphasis added)
3. Please note: I did not call Papa Bergoglio an apostate, but of engaging in apostate actions that would be condemned by every Pope for 2000 years from St. Peter to Pius XII. We do not and can not judge the interior state of Francis' soul.
Will there be a Major earth quake ? If not, then the Vatican is just another sham
So now prayers said by the Saracen raiders of the original St. Peter’s Basilica, which was sacked in 846AD and stripped of its church ornamentations made of jewels and precious metals, will once again be heard at the Vatican?
Very dumb, Holy Father, very dumb.
Do you think they are like the Orthodox? really good people with religious practices that are different from yours?
Those “prayers” are not religious prayers. They are the rantings of a death cult cleverly disguised as a religion.
Well, he is the “vicar of Christ” so he can do no wrong.....
Fine. I'll do it for you. He's an apostate. No way does the Bible give liberty to represent to people the impressions that Islam is legitimate, nor does it give room to sacrifice the integrity of doctrine for the sake of real or imagine peace.
Kinda puts pope Francis and Mohammed at the same level...Brothers...
“Disaster will come upon you, and you will not know how to conjure it away. A calamity will fall upon you that you cannot ward off with a ransom; a catastrophe you cannot foresee will suddenly come upon you.” -Isaiah 47:11
I hate to say it, but I`m with you. This is blasphemous-even for a Jesuit! Can we expect a Satanic mass next? After all Satanism is a “religion”. It is also the honest version of Islam. Jesus said love the sinners but he never said celebrate and participate in the sin. This Pope gave me a bad feeling when he was named-strictly because he is a Jesuit. Now his actions are sounding too much like those of the prophesised “last Pope”.
Another example of “The Church” . What an awful joke. You can be a Christ believing, born again Christian without a pope. Fact!!!
I once read a really excellent book called Death of a Guru. It was written by Rabi Marahaj, a high ranking Hindu who became a Christian. He said that when Hindus worship their pantheon of ‘gods’, they are not worshipping nothing; they are worshipping demons. Seems to me this describe Islam as well. ‘Allah’ is not nothing; he is a demon.
Allowing prayers to a demon in a consecrated place...not a good idea at all.
describe = describes
Some perspective might be indulged in to see how things came to this juncture.
Looks to me like there has been a theory going for a long time that through “morality” practitioners of any religion might be saved... almost 180 degrees from the point where official Catholicism was highly allergic even to the split Orthodox, let alone the newer Protestants.
As a Wascally Evangelical I say the focus has been in the wrong place. If personal salvation is sought from the actual personal God it is granted. It doesn’t matter whether, as you do so, you are worshiping in a building where the sign outside says Baptist or Catholic or Lutheran or Orthodox... those are man’s names. The bible is clear about that. But “morality” is a maddeningly relative thing. There are a lot of “moral” atheists... their morality is going, as it were, on autopilot. But God did not want souls on autopilot! He wanted to be their pilot! Moral autopilot won’t get you to glory.
They recognized that things were getting ascribed to the deities that were strictly sub-divine if not blatantly of hell.
Allah is what you get if, hypothetically (Lord please don’t blast me!), God could get rabies.
One error in the article. It is not Pope Francis. It is Anti-Pope Francis.
His body? In the ground as worm food somewhere. His soul? In Hell. Forever.
Well, even serious Roman Catholics are getting upset about this, which is GOOD! For Christendom in general.
I could foresee a serious uptick in the number who are, what do they call it, sedevacantists? That say there is no qualified Pope?
“And with what right will Modernists deny the truth of an experience affirmed by a follower of Islam? With what right can they claim true experiences for Catholics alone? Indeed Modernists do not deny but actually admit, some confusedly, others in the most open manner, that all religions are true.”
PASCENDI DOMINICI GREGIS
ENCYCLICAL OF POPE ST. PIUS X ON THE DOCTRINES OF THE MODERNISTS
For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? If I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
Serious Roman Catholics? Yup. For example, me.
There is some waffling that happens in the case of, say, serious evangelicals in which the Catholic church will say that hey... these are really Roman Catholics that don’t know it.
But they will reserve that kind of treatment for, say, a Billy Graham. Some random mullahs that walk in the door... that seems to be giving up upon the whole notion of what is Christian at all.
If I understand correctly, Mohammedans will be allowed to recite Mohammedan prayers at an interfaith service, to be held in Vatican City, and that the pope is permitting this.
If so, I don’t see a great problem with this.
At worst, this action can be viewed as imprudent and scandalous, as it can give the impression of indifferentism.
“Whatever you bind on earth, shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.” Traditionally, this passage has been interpreted to mean that the charism of infallibility must be positively invoked to be effected.
That isn’t the case here.
In a counterfeit world run by satanic powers and principalities, interfaith unity is the worlds answer to The Way, Truth and Life..
It is politically not prudent, in my view. If somehow this results in the downfall of the Vatican and the Church of Rome, along with the Pope, one would think that the FR Protestant brigades here would say “Rejoice”.
Would Jesus have invited a worshipper of Baal to pray in the Temple?
-— You can be a Christ believing, born again Christian without a pope. Fact!!! -—
If you’ve been baptized, you’re correct.
But to be a full member of Christ’s Church, you must accept Her Teaching regarding the pope. (See tagline).
“If he will not listen to the Church, treat him as a pagan or tax collector.” —Jesus
You can’t serve God and demons... are we stronger than He is?
The problems with this can’t be escaped by saying that oh, this doesn’t disprove the hypothetical papal infallibility. (Actually ANY valid prophecy is infallible by tautological definition, be it from the Pope or from the lowest Christian. I am not, by saying this, affirming that everything the Catholic church has called infallible really is.)
Of course there is a core presumption in here. We’re talking about what is, at best, a piece of a split Church. Splits are Bad Things.
Not before the Baal worshiper turned away from Baal and embraced the Lord, He wouldn’t!
sarcasm there my friend....sarcasm.
Thank you, but I can’t take credit for it. I found a very, very informative article on the identity of Allah, & this line jumped out at me:
“According to the Encyclopedia of Religion, Allah corresponded to the Babylonian god Baal, and Arabs knew of him long before Mohammed worshipped him as the supreme God.”
Of course, other false gods were associated with the name too. The name ‘Allah’ comes with some very dark, demonic associations:
Why can’t the Pope, at the same group hug, pray for the salvation of all non-believers that they achieve eternal life by converting to the one, true faith.
Isn’t eternal salvation of millions of souls a little more important than so-called “peace” in a desert somewhere?
For the Vicar of Christ to facilitate the prayers of those who reject Christ and to engage with them in prayer is an objective betrayal of Our Lord. Indifferentism is a heresy. For the Vicar of Christ to "give the impression of indifferentism" is for the Vicar of Christ to promote heresy through his actions.
From MIRARI VOS ON LIBERALISM AND RELIGIOUS INDIFFERENTISM ENCYCLICAL OF POPE GREGORY XVI:
13. Now We consider another abundant source of the evils with which the Church is afflicted at present: indifferentism. This perverse opinion is spread on all sides by the fraud of the wicked who claim that it is possible to obtain the eternal salvation of the soul by the profession of any kind of religion, as long as morality is maintained. Surely, in so clear a matter, you will drive this deadly error far from the people committed to your care. With the admonition of the apostle that "there is one God, one faith, one baptism" may those fear who contrive the notion that the safe harbor of salvation is open to persons of any religion whatever. They should consider the testimony of Christ Himself that "those who are not with Christ are against Him," and that they disperse unhappily who do not gather with Him.
I hope there will be a legion of exorcists present when the islamonazis conjure up the devil.
Many seem to miss that point.
Wrong. You believe what you want to but I enjoy fellowship with hundreds of true Christians. I will be in full glory with my Lord and Savior. I enjoy “full membership” in our fellowship.
Looks like Francis is becoming to the RC Church what the Mahdi is to America.
A Muslim holy man will conduct prayers to Allah in the Vatican.
Won't they burn some Sage or something, to reclaim the place after the Muslims and Jews leave?
Actually, St. Peter’s chair is within St. Peter’s Basilica.
What Pope Francis is proposing could be compared to encouraging teenagers to have illicit sex in the backyard rather than defiling the parents’ bed.
So the Vatican is into idol worship now. Doesn’t the Pope know the First Commandment?
and this makes it better how??
1. I am the LORD your God: you shall not have strange Gods before me.
I’m an FR Protestant, and I for one would not rejoice. I oppose Rome for it’s opposition to the Gospel. But I don’t enjoy the thought of winning some imaginary contest with my RC friends on FR. I’m an old guy now, and I think regularly about the day I will meet my Savior. It is a sorrow to me that we come to these pages to fight, but how can I face Him if I am not faithful to the Gospel? To the work He has most certainly done in my life? What I do here is for love of Him, and for all those for whom He died. If I could rejoice at all, it would only be at the prospect of getting through a day on FR without being at war with those whom I would love to count my brothers and sisters in Christ.
The prayer service will be conducted in the Vatican Gardens, NOT in the Basilica.
What Pope Francis is proposing could be compared to encouraging teenagers to have illicit sex in the backyard rather than defiling the parents bed.
What a lewd and disgusting diatribe against the successor of St. Peter!