Skip to comments.Vatican writes 'glossary' on sex terminology (exposing feminazi and gay euphamisms))
Posted on 01/17/2003 5:10:13 AM PST by NotwithstandingEdited on 07/12/2004 4:00:25 PM PDT by Jim Robinson. [history]
The Vatican wants to prevent cultural manipulation of the family in no uncertain terms.
Terms, in fact, are at the very heart of it.
The Holy See will soon publish a new glossary of 90 words related to sexual and family issues, according to Cardinal Alfonso Lopez Trujillo, director of the Pontifical Council for the Family.
(Excerpt) Read more at washtimes.com ...
- the House of God -- worship space
- St. Mary's Catholic Church -- St. Mary's Catholic Community
- hymn -- song
- Holy Sacrifice of the Mass -- liturgical festivities
- sacred Host -- bread
- precious Blood -- wine
- Transubstantiation -- [huh?]
- priest -- presider
- Bishop Smith -- Bishop Bob
- The Holy Father -- the bishop in Rome
- Kingdom of God -- Realm of God
- Our Father in Heaven -- Our Parent in Heaven
- "...God and His love" -- "...God and God's love"
- Son of God -- Child of God
- Our Lord Jesus Christ -- the Christ figure
- A.D. (Anno Domini) -- C.E. (Common Era)
- Our Lady of Guadalupe -- Our Woman of Guadalupe
- husband and wife -- partners
- shack-ups -- partners
- orthodoxy -- fundamentalism
- dissent, heresy -- creative fildelity
- sin -- alternative lifestyles
- Hell -- [shhh!]
- May God Bless you. -- Have a nice day.
Like Mr. Donohue, [Cardinal Alfonso Lopez Trujillo, director of the Pontifical Council for the Family], also took issue with the term "reproductive rights," which he said "is used not to promote the right of reproduction, but the right of abortion. The meaning of these terms is exactly the opposite to their literal meaning."Way to go, Cardinal Trujillo!
On a related note, Courage -- an apostolate of the Roman Catholic Church which ministers to those with same-sex attractions and their loved ones and which has been endorsed by the aforementioned Pontifical Council for the Family -- has an excellent article entitled, Catholic Language Regarding Homosexuality. I look forwarding to seeing how much of the substance of the Courage article will find its way into the upcoming glossary.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.