Skip to comments."We're Not Communists, We're Democrats!" Sean Penn's Political Pedigree
Posted on 02/16/2005 9:00:06 PM PST by huac
"...And Leo was never a card-carrying communist; he was a Democrat all his life...he went to some meetings (Communist Party USA) and was interested in what they had to say..."
- Eileen Ryan Penn, mother of Sean Penn, on her husband and Sean's father, blacklisted Communist...meeting attender...Leo Penn
"...Leo was never a card-carrying communist; he was a Democrat all his life..."
It's the new Democratic Battle Cry:
"We're not Communists. We're Democrats!"
I'm not a Communist! I'm a Democrat!
Six of one, half dozen of the other.
Go to both of their web sites and tell me the difference.
The Communist don't hate America as much as the Democrats.
George Michael isn't gay. He just hangs out in public restrooms cruising for men.
"Six of one, half dozen of the other."
The Soviet Union fell. The Democratic Party, in the thrall of the liberal Dems (Clinton/Pelosi/Boxer/Dean/Kennedy), is still around trying to destroy America.
I knew that there was a reasonable explanation out there. Hopefully, OJ will find Nicole's killers on those community golf courses he is restricted to.
Democrat? Communist? Same same!
Same church, same pew.
"Same church, same pew."
Communist's and Democrats don't believe in God so they won't understand your anaolgy. How about "same rot, same stench?"
Secrets, Lies, and Atomic Spies,.....Or... Joe McCarthy was more right than he ever knew
Communists are Democrats in a Wicked Big Hurry. On the other hand, the more liberal Democrats insinuate their left Wing agenda into society over time. They prefer a more "Fabian" Socialist approach to your wallet, property and Liberties..
Check out Marx's (and Engle's) Communist Manifesto of 1848. Look at the 10 main points, looks like what the liberal Dems would generally agree with, if pressed hard, no? Look at all the crazy stuff the Dems have stood for, generally. How about Liberation Theology? How about tax increases? How about opposition to roll-bacls in taxes and spending? How about anti-family legislation and other "PC" laws? Spice it up with a little Central and South American Marxism and we are all set! Also, there's nothing like a heavy, graduated "progressive" income tax to finally financially exterminate the people! (sarc. ad extremis).
"We're not Communists. We're Democrats!" Go Kerry in '08! Actually, a Hillary-Dellums ticket would make more 'sense'?... Maybe, ... for Beijing or the likes of Pol Pot. (sarc.) / END
... Good God, please help us all.
"I'm socialist, NOT a communist -- there is a difference..."
Then we leave his owned office of prime real estate on the river, hop into his leased Jag, cruise on back to his half-mil dollar hacienda, crack up a couple o' cold ones, sit in his hot tub, take a dip in his heated in-ground pool, and debate how good/bad capitalism is.
"To me the RATs look just like the Chicoms..."
You are, of course, correct. Thing is, I don't think the Chicoms need to be destroyed immediately to protect America, unlike the Democrats, Sean Penn and the French, who are a clear and present danger to America, democray and all that is good in this world.
"Secrets, Lies, and Atomic Spies,.....Or... Joe McCarthy was more right than he ever knew"
Gee, how strange. In the course of my California public school education, I only heard that Senator McCarthy was a bad man and that there was no real communist threat. I did learn all about how evil American Empire is and real neat stuff from mandatory gender studies.
"They prefer a more "Fabian" Socialist approach to your wallet, property and Liberties.."
I believe Clinton was affiliated with Fabians during his time in Englans as a student.
The difference in socialism & communism is the same as the difference in seduction & rape. Ala George Putman.
"I'm socialist, NOT a communist -- there is a difference..."
Communism is end goal of socialism, path to same destination - like stopping in San Diego on the way to San Fransisco.
You forgot control of the educatioal system.
I am aware of their planks, there is too much to list !! Target rich environment for sure...
Good point > Home Schooling and Private Schools, no Central Planning for Edu?? = Thought Crime = Enemies of the Proletariat and of its Dictator (take your pick which one...)
"All your children are belong to us"
Communists Liberals. We're Democrats Progressives!"
"We're not Liberals. We're Progressives!"
Put this on the refrigerator with a gold star.
You've gotta be kidding ... there simply couldn't be a book titled "Sean Penn: His Life and Times".
Who'd read it? Even worse, who'd suffer through writing it?
This has gotta be a joke.
How can Robin Wright Penn settle for such a cretin as Sean Penn as her husband?
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman's request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following "Current Communist Goals," which she identifies as an excerpt from "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen:
[From "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen]
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a "religious crutch."
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use ["]united force["] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
>I did learn all about how evil American Empire is and real
>neat stuff from mandatory gender studies.
What a coincidence! I learned that also in my mandatory "Ethnic Studies" class in college!
I'm not a liberal. I'm a Democrat.
I'm not promoting perversion. I'm a Democrat.
I don't oppose our national security. I'm a Democrat.
To the extent the Dem oppose our national security (or even some GOP in this 'guest worker' thing), promote perversion, and otherwise adopt the 'rot from within' goal of Commie think tanks from a generation ago, then what's Sean complaint? It's not that you call a terrorist Japanese or Saudi. They key point, they agree on the bit about terrorism. One man can claim to be a boot-maker. Another can say he works as a garage mechanic. But if both voted for sKerry, and just because he was, it doesn't alter the fact just because one now claims that he is a boot-maker, and the other that he is a mechanic. Never mind the fact, as many have pointed out, that the Dem is in full purge, and would by SNL standards reduce the 'heretic', like Zell, to the status of an hysterical drooler because he dared raise his voice against such perverse 'orthodoxy'.
Thank you for posting this! I knew I remembered it from somewhere but forgot where it was.
Bookmarking. Big time.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.