Skip to comments.Saving The CHRIST-CHILD: Thank God Mary's Joseph Protected Life; Will U.S.A. Men Fight For The Same?
Posted on 12/24/2001 5:13:38 PM PST by Dr. Good Will Hunting
click here to read article
Orthodox icons of the Nativity frequently depict Joseph in the bottom left-hand corner, hearing out a ragged old man. This is the Evil One, tempting Joseph to deny the evidence of the revelation set out before him.
Your justification for killing an unborn child sounds like something Margaret Sanger would say. Margaret Sanger set up her first clinics in the immigrant slums of NYC. How many people from those immigrant slums worked hard and made something of their life.
Tell that to Beethoven who surely would have been aborted by todays criteria. Tell that to Colin Powell, the son of Jamaican immigrants born in Harlem. Tell that to Anna Mae Bullock (Tina Turner) whos mother abandoned her and grew up poor in the segregated south. Condolezza Rice was not from a wealthy family and grew up in segregated Birmingham. What about Oprah Winfrey whos mother abandoned her also. Elvis Presley was dirt poor. So was Hank Williams and Patsy Cline. I havent found anyone yet who had as horrible a poverty filled, depressing life as author Frank McCourt. Tell this to any of the 4 Beatles. Tell this to my grandpa who was born in a chicken coop and who was in and out of school all his childhood, depending if he needed to work to help his family or not. He then went on to the Navy and was in WW2. He finished up his education and got a PhD. in biology and taught biology for 30 years at a university. Tell it to my grandmother who had an abusive father and lived in a two room house with a dirt floor. She got herself a good education, graduated Salutatorian of her high school class, gave birth to three children and had 8 grandchildren. One of them me. :) Glad my great grandma didnt abort her.
Life is what you make it.
Further more, I dont believe what you say. Its a line of propaganda used to justify abortion. Abortion doesnt stop pain and suffering. There has been pain and suffering before Roe v Wade, and there is pain and suffering now. Each individual has a chance at life. And with the help of a loving God, they have even a better chance. Why not let each child be born, then they can decide if they like life or not. Then they can kill themselves. Chances are they WONT. Most people want to live, no matter what circumstances they find themselves in.
Abortion is not the answer to lifes problems. Also, you can't imagine a god who would want someone to live in pain and suffering. There is no such god. My God doesn't want anyone to suffer, and if life should bring suffering I have him to depend on. Perhaps it's the devil who wants people to be born into a lifetime of failure and pain, don't ya think?
2. If you can't go to Washington, contact your local Right to Life or Pastoral Office and join in their Jan 22 activities at home.If you have no Pro-Life local group start with some friends.
3. Write to your Congressman and tell them to stop funding abortion domestically and internationally. Tell them you will actively campaign for a Pro-Life Congressman.
4. Join with a local pro-life group who regularly prays outside your local abortion mill.
5. Pray and fast to end abortion.
6. Boycott those corporations who fund abortion.Tell them why you will not support them in writing.
7. Go only to doctors who are pro-life. Ask them if they do referrals to abortionists.
8. Tell your local school district to keep Planned Parenthood out of your schools.
9. Volunteer or send a donation to your local Birthright, Crisis Pregnancy Centers and grassroots pro-life groups.
10. Pray and fast to end abortion.
11. Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper especially when they write a sympathetic abortion story.
12.Donate a Pro-Life book to your local library.
13. Talk to young people in your families about the side effects to our Culture and their lives with having abortion on demand the "law of the land".
14.Talk to your pastor and ask him to speak out against abortion.
15. Pray and fast to end abortion.
victim soul, that's excellent advice.
A good site I found since my post of 12/24/01.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.