To: Dr. Good Will Hunting
. Joseph set aside his honor, emotions and heart-break to save the life of a pre-born child that he believed to belong to another man.
18. This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit.
19. Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man and did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.
20. But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.
21. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."
22. All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet:
23. "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" --which means, "God with us."
24. When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife.
25. But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.
posted on 12/24/2001 5:58:10 PM PST
Uh, yes quite. Before Joseph was visited by the angel in the dream he planned on divorcing Mary quietly.
After the visit, Joseph realize the child was the Christ from God and not another man, not before.
posted on 12/24/2001 8:09:41 PM PST
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson