A Canonical Petition to Interdict or Excommunicate Culture of Death "Catholics"
Pope John Paul II,
Supreme Pontiff of the Catholic Church
| Special Note: Part I of the petition requests changes in Canon 1398 to afford more protection for innocent life. Part II is a request for the 'medicinal' interdiction from the sacraments, pending repentance of grave public sin, and calls for excommunication of only those who stubbornly persist in supporting the Culture of Death. You incur no civil or financial liability in signing this petition.
|Mr. Stephen G. Brady, President, Roman Catholic Faithful
Dr. Craig Bozzacco, D.D.S., President, Dentists for Life
Mr. Michael Cain, Editor, The Daily Catholic
Mr. Vinny Ciappetta, President, National Cops for Life
Mr. Christopher A. Ferrara,
President, American Catholic Lawyers Association
Dr. Brian J. Kopp, Columnist,
Vice President, Catholic Family Association of America
Dr. Claude E. Newbury, President, Pro-Life South Africa; Founding Member, Intrnl. Right to Life
Regional Representative for Human Life Int.
Rev. Fr. John Trigilio, PhD, Editor, SAPIENTIA Magazine; Co-host EWTN's Web of Faith,
President, Confraternity of Catholic Clergy
|Mr. Richard L. Bucci, President, Catholic Radio, NY
Mr. Timothy A. Chichester,
President, Catholic Family Association of America, Inc.
Mr. William Cotter, President, Operation Rescue-Boston
Dr. Chris Kahlenborn, Author, "Breast Cancer: It's Link to Abortion and the Birth Control Pill"
Mr. Phillip F. Lawler, Editor, Catholic World News
Charles P. Prezzia MD, MPH,
President, Catholic Medical Association
Mr. Joseph Scheidler, Director, Pro-Life Action League
Donna Steichen, Author of "Ungodly Rage"
Monica M. Miller, Ph.D., Author
(Remainder to be filled upon closing of the signatory phase)
REGARDING THE ACTIONS OF:
all of whom are nominally members of the Catholic Church and all other of such members unnamed who commit or make the same or similar acts and/or statements as the Defendants as alleged herein.
SUMMARY OF PETITION
The Plaintiffs are professed Catholics who bring this Petition on behalf of themselves as members of the Catholic Church. Non-Catholics join this petition Amicus Curiae as members of other faiths who are stricken by the scandal of notorious Catholics who relentlessly distort the most basic teachings of Christ in their pursuit of a Culture of Death.
Catholics and non-Catholics are both painfully aware of the wreckage to our national society that is the apparent result of failure to discipline members within the Catholic Church. Be it the Defendants enabling of the genocidal attack of the abortionists upon our Black and Hispanic population or the acquiescence to, or promotion of, anti-family homosexual movements, the result is the same: a great loss of faith, the diminution of the Catholic Church in the eyes of both Christians and non-Christians, and the unspeakable spiritual and physical woe of living in a society formed in law by the Defendants.
The Plaintiffs are sorely aware that petitions for the remediation of the errors of the Defendants have repeatedly reached the ears of the American Episcopacy during three decades of pleading by the laity and faithful clergy.
We can no longer afford a Potemkin Episcopacy, so timid in action. While a case for a gentler approach to the Defendants could be made in the past, the rejection of these pleas and the utter failure of the most of the American Episcopacy to properly catechize the faithful of the sin of voting for anti-life politicians has seen a horrific extension of the Culture of Death at the hands of the Defendants and like minded anti-Christians. While a case could be made that Public Excommunication could result in the decreased influence of Catholic politicians, we Plaintiffs ask "If they reject Christian teaching and actively promote the murder of the innocent now, what influence exists? At what price?" Indeed, the State of Massachusetts is a spiritual cesspool in which virtually every elected Federal and State officeholder is a nominal Catholic and staunch supporter of abortion and the horror called Partial Birth Infanticide, while the laity hardly ever hear a peep from the pulpit.
We have now reached a point where the results of the chronic failure to apply remedial Public Excommunication to recalcitrant elected Catholic officials, such as the Federal and state officeholders listed above, has so encouraged these nominally Catholic Defendants in the practice of pragmatic atheism that our nation appears to be hopelessly mired in the abyss of blood, gore and sodomy that attends societies constructed on the principles of atheism. Our nation is being destroyed, and we are exporting this Culture of Death as official policy. The Defendants are powerful enabling forces in full cooperation with these policies.
The Defendants who have been, are and will be accomplices of abortions and sodomite lifestyles by reason of their public and notorious acts and/or statements which enable, support or condone abortion and sodomy. Plaintiffs seek a declaration that such acts and statements are contrary to and inimical to the faith of the Catholic Church; that Defendants commit a scandal to the Mystical Body of Christ and a sacrilege to the Eucharistic Body of Christ when received by them, and that they are subject to formal Public Excommunication unless they publicly recant of their explicit and implicit scandalous support of laws, policy and people that assault the innocent and profane the Catholic faith.
In summary, the Plaintiffs seek the following directives and orders :
1. Order that such acts and statements by Defendants be stopped;
2. Order public repentance and retraction by Defendants for their acts and statements;
3. Prohibit Defendants from Eucharistic receptions until they have complied with 1 & 2
4. Order Public Excommunication of any Defendant who does not follow such orders.
Can. 1311: The Church has the inate and proper right to coerce offending members of the Christian faithful with penal sanctions. Jurisdiction lies under Canons 1417 and 1442 of the Code of Canon Law which permit any of the faithful to introduce their case personally before the Roman Pontiff as the Supreme Judge for the whole Catholic world. The Church has its own and exclusive right to judge whatever is sinful to determine guilt and impose ecclesiastical penalties under Canon 1401.2.
1) Each one is an elected official holding high office and has publicly held that, contrary to the requirements of an informed conscience, the moral position of the abortionists and homosexuals command a higher allegiance than the moral teachings of their Catholic faith. They exhibit the conscience of the pragmatic atheist.
2) They have consistently worked to enable laws and regulations and otherwise ACTED in such a way as to affirm the moral desirability of the taking of innocent life and the protection of lethal homosexual lifestyles at the expense of the most basic Christian morality.
3) Because their malformed consciences are capable of any rationalization, however bizarre,they distort Christian teaching by conveying the image of a hovering Christ nodding approval while the abortionist holds a writhing baby in hand and sucks her little brains out during the procedure of Partial Birth Infanticide.
4) Most have consistently applied a LITMUS TEST, a defacto religious test , for those Christians who have come before them for confirmation to office. They have politicized religious belief and found Christianity wanting. They forget that Dred Scott was "settled law" - and only reversed by a torrent of blood and a century and a half of heartache.
5) They seek to emplace judges that are pragmatic atheists and block those that truly act as Christians. They wish to confirm to the bench only those who reject the idea that the US Constitution and Declaration of Independence DO guarantee "an unalienable" right to life and liberty.
6) They uniformly cooperate to enable the genocidal population policies against Hispanics and Blacks within and without our nation.
7) The acts and statements of Defendants physically or morally enable abortions and constitute the following violations of Canon Law:
a. Accomplices to abortion, in violation of Canons 1329.2, 1397 and 1398.
b. Disobedience to the teaching of the United States Bishops who represent Christ, have
declared as teachers of the faith that "no Catholic can responsibly take a 'pro-choice'
stand when the 'choice' in question involves the taking of innocent human life", in
violation of Canon 212.1.
c. Grave harm to public morals, in violation of Canon 1369.
d. Sacrilegious reception of the sacrament of the Eucharist, in violation of Canons 1399 and 915.
e. Ex-communion from the Church, in violation of Canon 209.1.
f. Ex-communication from the Church as an apostate, heretic or schismatic, in violation of Canon 1364.
8) Because of these external violations, imputability is presumed under Canon 21.3.
9) Because of Defendants' public positions of dignity and abuse of their position of authority and office and long standing contempt and the gravity of scandal, a more serious punishment should be inflicted, pursuant to Canons 1364.2 and 1326.2.
10) Regarding Defendants' violations, their Bishops are bound to defend the unity of the universal Church to foster discipline which is common to the whole Church and to press for the observance of all ecclesiastical laws, pursuant to Canon 392.1.
11) Regarding Defendants' violations which give rise to scandal and serious disturbances of public order, their Bishops can correct defendants in a way appropriate to their particular conditions and of what has been done, pursuant to Canon 1339.2.
12) Regarding Defendants' violations, their Bishops should have started judicial procedures for the imposition or declaration of penalties, pursuant to Canons 1311, 1341.
13) Notwithstanding such, and the undisputed facts alleged herein, on information and belief, Defendants' Bishops have not followed or implemented Canons 1311,1326.2, 392.1, 1339.2, 1341 and 915 and have not imposed any public sanctions upon Defendants.
14) Because of such failure to act and the gravity of the situation, harm to human life and public morals, Plaintiffs as members of the faithful introduce this petition directly to the Roman Pontiff pursuant to Canons 1417.1 and 1442.
15) Plaintiffs also bring this petition on behalf of the innocent unborn children whose lives are imminently in danger by Defendants' acts and/or statements who have no one but Plaintiffs to act for them. They are not recognized as physical persons under the civil law of the United States of America. However, they are physical persons under Canons 97.1 and 97.2 and Plaintiffs should be appointed as their Guardians under Canon 1478.2.
16) All defendants and their bishops have been sent copies of this Petition.
(to be implemented upon closing of the signatory phase;
some defendants have been already contacted.)
WHEREFORE, Plaintiffs request the following relief:
That Pope John Paul II, Supreme Pontiff of the Catholic Church take jurisdiction of this petition.
That Canon 1398 be changed to read: "A person who willfully enables an abortion or euthanization incurs a latae sententiae excommunication. An elected or appointed official who willfully votes for legislation enabling abortion, euthanasia or same-sex unions, or who publicly propagandizes for or promotes abortion, euthanasia or same-sex unions, incurs a latae sententiae excommunication. Canon 915 shall be applied to such public individuals."
A. That he issue to the bishops specific directives concerning the implementation and enforcement of interdiction and excommunication for public promoters of abortion, euthanasia and other forms of direct attack upon life.
B. That he publicly order Defendants to:
1. Refrain from any act or statement which enables, supports or condones abortion, euthanasia and other
forms of direct attack upon life.
2. Publicly repent and retract their errors and promise no further acts and/or statements
which enable, support or condone abortion, euthanasia and other forms of direct attack upon life.
3. Refrain from reception of the sacrament of Eucharist until the above orders have been followed.
C. That he publicly declare that Defendants' acts and/or statements as alleged are:
1. Contrary to and inimical to the faith of the Catholic Church ;
2. A scandal to the Mystical Body of Christ, the faithful of the Catholic Church ; and
3. A sacrilege to the Real Body and Blood of Jesus Christ when Defendants receive
the sacrament of the Eucharist.
D. In the event that any Defendant fails to follow any of the above orders to publicly
excommunicate him or her from the Catholic Church .
Dated at (to be implemented upon closing of the signatory phase)