A personal note about Mongolian Troops. My deceased uncle fought in Russia with the German Army during WW2(and spent 4 years in a Russian pow camp) and I'll always remember how he told me that in a war noted for its barbarity the Mongolian troops who fought on the Russian side were some of the most cruel and barbaric troops he faced. Until near the end of the war they shot most prisoners they captured and their Russian officers had very little control over them.
I'd be curious to see how the new Mongolian army compares to them.
posted on 07/10/2004 11:55:52 AM PDT
(The Democratic Party-Celebrating 60 years of aid and comfort to America's enemies)
The Mongols killed 800,000 Iraqi's when Baghdad refused to surrender.
If the city surrendered, they didn't kill anyone.
If they didn't, they killed everyone, save a few who could warn the next town of what was coming.
posted on 07/10/2004 1:09:19 PM PDT
(It's the 99% of Mohammedans that make the other 1% look bad.)
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson